Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   7873 views

Description

hi -
returning player here but first time sorc user.
im having trouble playing this character in hell. and couldn't the exact answer im looking for...
how do you guys get around enemies with 2 types of immunity?

my sorc has blizzard and
Fireball
. i sometimes see a low level boss with immunity to both of my magics.
from what i have researched, it looks like people just go around this hump or use a merc. but is that all?

is it a viable option for me to reset my skill tree to have 3 elements? (im thinking of blizzard,
Fireball
, and chain lightening)

any recommendations or suggestions are welcome.

Can be used to make Runewords:

hi -
returning player here but first time sorc user.
im having trouble playing this character in hell. and couldn't the exact answer im looking for...
how do you guys get around enemies with 2 types of immunity?

my sorc has blizzard and
Fireball
from what i have researched, it looks like people just go around this hump or use a merc. but is that all?

is it a viable option for me to reset my skill tree to have 3 elements? (im thinking of blizzard,
Fireball
, and chain lightening)

any recommendations or suggestions are welcome.

Teebling 5824Admin

Europe PC
Most will just skip the monster in question, or if they want to, let their merc kill it with physical damage. You have
Teleport
so no.1 I'd say is better in terms of efficiency.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
my sorc has blizzard and
Fireball
As Teebling said, most people just skip those specific monsters with double immunities. Its essentially a waste of time to try to kill them when you can quickly kill a different pack.

However, you CAN buy a
Wand
with
Lower Resist
charges and attempt to break their immunities this way. Lightning is easy to break, fire a bit tougher and Cold is the hardest immunity to break.

Immunity Notes: (immunity page: https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II))
-You cannot break all immunities, many monsters have immunity so high its unbreakable.
-Breaking an immunity does not mean you do full damage, only that you can do a small percentage of damage.
-Minus res skills function at 1/5th their full power against full immune mobs.
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
Fireball
, and chain lightening)
Do not do this. spreading between 2 skills already weakens the effectiveness by alot, 3 will cripple your character for Hell.

Me personally i would suggest a
Frozen Orb
/
Fire Wall
build. max FOrb -
Cold Mastery
-
Fire Wall
and 1 point into
Fire Mastery
and
Static Field
, of course, so you can weaken mobs for your Merc to 1-shot.

I have a pure blizz sorc and yeah, as Teeb said, I got through hell just tp'ing past everything.
Past that, you generally won't be farming anything that cannot be killed when having both fire and Ice spells so dual element is more than enough.
OP
thank you for the quick responses!

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
You should already have a 3rd element with a single point in
Static Field
- this is lightning damage and gets you around fire and cold immunes. In hell you can only zap mobs down to 50% health with
Static Field
, but you can still use this to chop them down a bit to soften them for your merc to finish them off. Realistically just
Teleport
past them and keep going though.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
i just skip them if they are immune to both elements my javazon has. Lightning and Physical. when i see that i just walk away im not gonna bother wasting 2 min on a monsters that is probably not gonna drop anything
My first priority while gearing my cold sorc was gearing up my merc with
Eth
Fort/Insight/LL helmet so he can safely take out whatever Cold immunes I can't kill. Only monsters I cant fight are unlucky Stone skin, phys immune/cold immune.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation