Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1516 views

Description

So what I've read is that way back in the original d2 firewall sorc was good, until they broke it with a patch and her firewall started doing 1/3rd the damage it was supposed to and that all fire damage spells over time were affected the same way.

D2R supposedly fixed that, so I was wondering how good firewall is now. It's a skill that doesn't need much synergies so it seems a great off skill for any build if you aren't shooting for Infinity? So you could have firewall 20 points, 1 in
Fire Mastery
and 1 in
Warmth
basically. How viable is this in hell? Thanks for your time :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
So what I've read is that way back in the original d2 firewall sorc was good, until they broke it with a patch and her firewall started doing 1/3rd the damage it was supposed to and that all fire damage spells over time were affected the same way.

D2R supposedly fixed that, so I was wondering how good firewall is now. It's a skill that doesn't need much synergies so it seems a great off skill for any build if you aren't shooting for Infinity? So you could have firewall 20 points, 1 in
Fire Mastery
and 1 in
Warmth
basically. How viable is this in hell? Thanks for your time :)

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Firewall is pretty damn great in my opinion. I usually run blizzard as my main but im going
Frozen Orb
/
Fire Wall
and it is laying waste to mobs even with crap gear. Highly recommended for those cold immunes while Emilio Tanks them.

With only +7 to skills 20pts in firewall and 1 in
Fire Mastery
im pushing 5,000 dmg per second on firewall. :D

OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
that's great news I might burn a respect trying it out on my light sorc...

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
i wouldn't expect to kill anything instantly tho, its still awkward to place and you'll have to rely on your merc still since he will keep the mobs standing in the fire. just FYI

Hi, here is what I will build when Season starts and I go HC,

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/yj0106e5

Some of its highlights:

Not immortal but if you don't tele into mana burn pack you are good, even then it will take like 0,3 secs to get enough mana to tele away if burnt once.

Massive dmg reduction
Massive mana reg
Good resists with fire and lightning absorb

Massive dmg (Firewall synergy with
Warmth
) of 30 k dmg per second

Playstyle:
Tele into middle of pack (cows for example) or on top of Diablo/Meph/
Baal

Cast Firewall on top of yourself
Let mob surround you and die of fire (recommend to play without Merc because otherwise they can split up monsters)
If you take too heavy dmg, cast
Frost Nova

Rinse and repeat

If you tele into pach with big hp monsters, throw in some Static after first Firewall throw.

Poison dmg goes through your
Energy Shield
, so
Cap
Poison res, hence the
Boots
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
nice build magnus :D
So i got enough essence to reset my skills and try it out. So far I like it. Not as strong as pure light with Infinity but what is. Light immunes melt the only trick of course is to actually hit them with it. Cows is about the same speed for me but I have to do things like find cows,
Teleport
at an angle and put firewall where they will run to, tp on top of my firewall and then lightning + firewall dmg them at the same time. Which is fun but not as brain dead as it was before. I can take care of light immunes pretty easy now tho so worth it for me for now to sac some light damage for firewall.

Just went 20 into firewall and 1 into mastery. Have +11 to skills. Went from 16k lightning to 10k... and have 5.5k dmg per sec firewall. I find my chain light still clears well tho and meph seems to actually melt faster (though if i had - light resist items prob be faster on pure light build).

Anyway just reporting that I'm happy with it for now you get a lot of bang for your buck skillpoint wise from firewall now. There's def some stuff like, fire immune waves on
Baal
that are way slower now but that's the tradeoff for going dual spec.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...