diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   6214 views

Description

What's the difference between
Archon Plate
, Superior
Loricated Mail
Dusk Shroud
... Besides durability and defense. I read somewhere on reddit that your walk speed changes, but its not listed - is that true ? Also if i do it in a 420 defense instead of a perfect one... loosing -100, does that really make a difference ? Is there a indestructible one ?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Archon Plate
, Superior
Loricated Mail
Dusk Shroud
... Besides durability and defense. I read somewhere on reddit that your walk speed changes, but its not listed - is that true ? Also if i do it in a 420 defense instead of a perfect one... loosing -100, does that really make a difference ? Is there a indestructible one ?

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
infowire wrote: 2 years ago
Archon Plate
, Superior
Loricated Mail
Dusk Shroud

armoir.png
AP is light - low Strg req - good defense
LM is heavy - high Strg req - medium defense
DS is light - low Strg req - medium defense

I'd make mine in an AP Def 5xx+ (defense makes enemies miss their hits)
Looks good, has good Defense and it's Light (does not affect your speed as an Heavy does)

And there are no indestructible bases.

OP
So how you tell if its heavy or light ?

Loricated Mail

Loricated Mail
is a type of Body Armor in Diablo II, it is the Elite version of
Scale Mail

Stats
Loricated Mail

Defense: 390 - 496
Level Requirement: 55
Strength Requirement: 149
Durability: 36
Maximum number of sockets: 4
Armor type: Heavy
Quality Level: 73
I wondered that if 2 armors that has similar defense but one is lighter, less Str required will make the character runs faster when equipped?

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Sutlore wrote: 2 years ago
I wondered that if 2 armors that has similar defense but one is lighter, less Str required will make the character runs faster when equipped?
Yes armor classified as "light" won't penalize Run Speed where as "heavy" does. However, if you have a high run speed bonus it won't be a huge difference. Depends what you value more.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

The weight of armor's come in light, medium and heavy, you can find out which armor type are which weight by looking up Base armor types. Armor weight effects stamina and how LONG you can run before running out of stamina, it doesn't effect run speed. Light has it's advantages but so done heavy, heavy usually has higher defense but also requires more strength to wear.

go to the database, click on base item types, then click the item type button, select body armor, then click the utility button for light, medium or heavy to see which.

Now for my characters, i usually go with the
Kraken Shell
or
Lacquered Plate
look as i prefer their appearances on my characters, but for merc's i go with the highest def they can wear according to their strength so they can live longer.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Deckard Cain
, NA PC wrote: 2 years ago
The weight of armor's [...] doesn't effect run speed.
Is that true? I've read the contrary.
That's a good candidate for Fortitude imo. Especially if it's for a Merc, but in case you want to swap it out to let a player character wear it. If it is being built just for a Merc, hold out for a good ethereal armor to put it in.
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
Deckard Cain
, NA PC wrote: 2 years ago
The weight of armor's [...] doesn't effect run speed.
Is that true? I've read the contrary.

Archon Plate
Wire Fleece
Great Hauberk
Dusk Shroud
, wyrmhyde are generally the best to make a Fortitude in.

They are all light armors so you will not incur the speed or stamina penalty.

Most important thing is how cool you look though. So try them on before you put your runes in them.

The defence differences will be + or - 1% chance for an enemy to hit you most likely so, not super important.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...