Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   3142 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I didn't even look beyond the FCR when I saw that. Flyhorse is right that FHR is also an issue. If you can get that to 60, that's a good goal. He's also right about getting 1 point into
Frozen Armor
. That's a lifesaver and should be up at all times.

You're into diminishing returns on your MF already, so you won't lose much effective MF to regear and fix your issues.

Quick fix is to switch to a good Spirit shield to hit 63 FCR. Carry a 5 FHR small charm to hit the 60 FHR breakpoint. Long term, get a perfect Spirit shield,
Arachnid Mesh
, and magefists to hit the 105 breakpoint.
OP
Thanks everyone for the discussion.

The consensus seems to be a higher FCR so I have to say I'm already working on that. I already have
Arachnid Mesh
(I was actually shopping for one, but I happily found one yesterday.) , and I've been shopping for FCR for head or necklace slots. The problem is I have a bunch of characters to outfit, and I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to spend so much Wealth on one character. I don't much care about hitting 105 though as I feel I'd be losing too much other good stuff.

I don't know much about FHR or how to get there without charms so I'll have to look into that some more.

With respect to
Cold Mastery
versus
Ice Bolt
purely as synergy, I thought on non-immune enemies
Cold Mastery
was still better as it would basically be 5% versus 2% bonus damage. I'd appreciate any further information on this topic.

With respect to defense enhancers, I'm willing to and plan to spend a few points towards defense so I will not be so squishy in certain areas regardless of
Teleport
or
Nova
. I was thinking I could spend four, five, or maybe even more points depending on the benefit. My question is how to spend those few points. I could get one point into
Energy Shield
Chilling Armor
, or say spend more into the easier accessed cold armors. I've done a lot of research here, but I'm still not sure how to get the most benefit from the least investment as other aspects of build and gear seems to influence the decision a ton. You've seen my build and I've linked my intermediate goals below; knowing my build, what should be my defense skill goal?

With respect to most unique items not currently having a great deal of value, I like finding stuff; so while I'm willing to give up some MF, I'm not willing to up past the point where I'd still have 100% to unique items. I do realize though that a lot of items, like runes, aren't affected by MF stat.

I took the time to make a build aiming at my intermediate goal: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/gk0106sl

I may go Fire instead of Cold; I haven't decided yet, but the build and gear is nearly the same--swapping Cold for Fire--one way or the other.

Yes, I realize it will be a while before sunder charms are available to me in non-ladder, but I'm playing basically the same character in both. The only difference is the gear I already have--playing SSF in ladder--and level.

Preferred (Replaced): Why

Death's Fathom
(
The Oculus
): 30 Cold Skill Damage
Call To Arms
Flail
(Call To Arms
Crystal Sword
): 6
Battle Orders

Rare
Circlet
(
Harlequin Crest
): 2 Skill/20 FCR/?Resist All/?MF
Rare Amulet(
Mara's Kaleidoscope
): 2 Skill/10 FCR/?Resist All/?MF
Arachnid Mesh
(
Goldwrap
): 1 Skill/20 FCR
Andariel's Visage
(Guillaumes Face): 10 Life Stolen Per Hit
Fortitude
Lacquered Plate
(
Duriel's Shell
): Everything?

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Get yourself a Spirit shield. There's just no beating that for most sorc builds.

Between
The Oculus
and Arach you already have, even a minimum-roll Spirit will get you past the 63 FCR breakpoint which is plenty to get to meph safely. Get a 35-roll Spirit and add on
Magefist
and you'll actually hit the target ideal 105 FCR as well. Doesn't take much of an investment to get those two.

Additionally, Spirit has you covered on FHR because it adds a massive 55 of it. If you want, you can add a 5fhr small charm after that to break the 60 but even with just Spirit for FHR and 63 (or better 105) FCR, you're set as a sorc. You really don't need the 60.

Your intermediate goal still has you short of the 105 FCR BP (which Spirit would again solve), meaning you take unnecessarily long to
Teleport
and to get your hydras up. Plus you're still at 0 FHR (again..Spirit ;)).

Rhyme really isn't all that great on a sorc (albeit highly underrated for certain other builds). You're not going for block anyways. The 25 res are worse than Spirit (except for fire, obviously). The anti-freeze is unnecessary for a sorc because chill doesn't affect cast speed. And the 25 MF/50 GF is nice but really not enough to justify not having a Spirit
Monarch
instead.

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
To notice for your needs :
trade/spirit-t1260276.html

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
To notice for your needs: trade/Spirit-t1260276.html
^_^

Thanks for keeping me in mind, but I'll leave that one for someone else in need.

>_<

I actually traded for a four barrel
Monarch
in game about an hour ago.

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Nice. Now time to roll (and probably reroll several times) Spirit to get enough fcr !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
and probably reroll several times
>_<

I think I'll just try to get another few four barrel
Monarch
shields for now, or maybe even just trade for a Spirit that's already what I need if I can find another
Ist
or whatever. I've just never liked focused farming, and I know it can be considered wasteful, but I can always sell the Spirit forms for part of what a naked four barrel would cost, or I could just give them away, and I'll have a lot more fun that way.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
long term, you want 2 of them anyways. :)

one for your normal weapon set and a 2nd on switch with Call To Arms.
It looks like Schnorki and others have already mentioned FCR, which is the best solution to the problem as you described in your original post. Spirit sword + Spirit shield until you can replace the sword with Heart of the Oak. That plus some standard sorc gear will get you to 105% FCR, at which point you
Teleport
faster than most attack frames--or really close to it--so neither the merc nor the dolls have a chance to hit and die.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...