Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   91864 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
i don't know @CitationNumber. will we have cross progress on b.net or is it just for single player? i can't recall seeing any info on this.
The only thing I read was that it was planned. I could see it being bnet if our characters are saved on their server. I could see single player being local, or server saved.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
rogfish wrote: 2 years ago
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling it would be cool if we could somewhat get the trade filter sorted by price. at least at some basic level. like if price are in runes/gems you could sort by quality or quantity.
You'll be able to filter by item type (including gems etc.) just as you would the items sections, so that's already there.
Are there any safe to use programs that we could use for easily copying all the item stats by holding our cursor over an item? Would make it easier to paste the item we have for trade into the forums (or system your working on). I faintly remember using something like this many years ago but I'm not sure if it was D2.
I guess the easiest way would be to screenshot the item’s tooltip in game and add that to the trade ad here. That way it would pick up the particular stats for that item that you possess rather than the generic stats we have listed here.

Deleted User 632 0

do you guys think it's possible that the class meta will sway some from sorceress for console players. maybe some classes are just more fun to play on consoles? and if that's the case maybe items for those classes will be in higher demand then usual.
do you guys think it's possible that the class meta will sway some from sorceress for console players. maybe some classes are just more fun to play on consoles? and if that's the case maybe items for those classes will be in higher demand then usual.
This is a really good point. I would think so, although from some streamers who tried controller on pc have said it felt really good for both ranged and melee.

Even though for now all we have here are mostly pc players the console players will be plentiful.

I hear melee items are expensive, I would think those pieces will be more in demand? Console = melee amirite. Im still going to Java.
rogfish wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling it would be cool if we could somewhat get the trade filter sorted by price. at least at some basic level. like if price are in runes/gems you could sort by quality or quantity.
You'll be able to filter by item type (including gems etc.) just as you would the items sections, so that's already there.
Are there any safe to use programs that we could use for easily copying all the item stats by holding our cursor over an item? Would make it easier to paste the item we have for trade into the forums (or system your working on). I faintly remember using something like this many years ago but I'm not sure if it was D2.
I guess the easiest way would be to screenshot the item’s tooltip in game and add that to the trade ad here. That way it would pick up the particular stats for that item that you possess rather than the generic stats we have listed here.
I think there might be some way to do it with autohotkey.
Whirlwind
barb to make its glorious return. Gone are the days of pitzerkers! It's spinny boy time!
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
@ReWar It's being worked on. Stay tuned.
This is amazing to hear. Please let us know if there is anyway we can help, I'm sending as many people here as I can. D2jsp is the worst thing to happen to d2, it's a p2w site at best. Yes we needed a better option for trading in d2, hell no we didn't need it to circulate around forum gold that can be bought with real money.
Wattzson wrote: 2 years ago
This is amazing to hear. Please let us know if there is anyway we can help, I'm sending as many people here as I can. D2jsp is the worst thing to happen to d2, it's a p2w site at best. Yes we needed a better option for trading in d2, hell no we didn't need it to circulate around forum gold that can be bought with real money.
I agree! I wouldnt have anything against the idea of forum gold if: You could not buy it with real money and it got reset every ladder. The transfer of Wealth between ladders is so sad.
Edit: Cant wait to see what trading is going to be like on this site. So hyped

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Wattzson wrote: 2 years ago
This is amazing to hear. Please let us know if there is anyway we can help, I'm sending as many people here as I can.
Well this is actually the most helpful thing you guys can do at the moment - get the word out about the site if you like it, and try to get people registering accounts here. The marketplace concept I have planned relies on there being plenty of people buying and selling. So if you haven't already done so guys, do let your friends know about diablo2.io - hoping that google rankings will rise as the site is slowly crawled (I think that about 500 items aren't even indexed yet) and future feature releases will bring in more players... but there's only so much I can do on my own!

The core of d2jsp or i should say the main guys part of that community are people who are using bots, map hacks. They have been doing it for the last 15--20 years. They are running a lot the websites selling items for real $$. The bot ban waves usually take out 1/3 of their bot numbers and they are not often enough so going back and buying more keys is still profitable.
I find if funny that after so long they didnt bother upgrading the website, the design, the look of it, it looks like a 90s website.
And the worst part is: Blizzard is making money out of it because they still sell keys to the bots.
And thus makes it even more ridiculous. Why not run a ban wave every day? Computing Power cant be an issue.
Its because Blizzard makes money with selling keys.
And therefore im really, really afraid that it's going to happen to d2r again.

Back in the days there were bot hunting guilds. But they got outnumbered by bots...

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build

Th3ory 406

Paladin Americas PC
The easiest way mechanically to make this work is image based. @Teebling you asked about what are some of D2JSP's features and that is one of the major adjustments they rolled out was a drag and drop auto imgur style function.

What I am getting at here is a way where whether through our own paint or using programs like Gyazo do do gif creations figuring out some element that would make visuals easy and seamless.

Take some of Laz's program for example and his new affix calc: https://tools.harrogath.com/affixcalc.html

While yes it is tedious and manual, the idea is that you can either self create your image and URL per item. The above was just purely a micro example of possible options to deliberate how it could properly function.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Hey @Th3ory - you can already drag and drop images into posts to attach them, so this functionality is already there. As for URL writing this would simply be the URL of your trade advert active at the time.

Th3ory 406

Paladin Americas PC
Got it good to know @Teebling . To your point, you could just keep a custom URL of your active stock and just have folks reference it in the trading forums.

As for d2Jsp, the best way to get rid of it is when blizzard starts banning all the bots. People are selling there like crazy because they hoard items on mutiple accounts pretty easily.
People will always be willing to pay a few bucks to get their charaters decked out. Its not something we can get rid off.
As for a trading website, i dont know if there will be some way to get the code from items. For poe.trade there is an option in PoE to list items onto the public. Poe.trade just extracts it from there. D2 doenst has suchs funtion originally. So you either have people manually sellect al the stats on an item or maybe make a screenshot of it. Which could be a little hassle for players. On D2jsp most items are listed as plain text.
I dont know if there is any other game out there whete this kind of trading is done. Maybe someone else knows this.
As someone who never used d2jsp I’d like to know what is so bad about it (so that I won’t make the same mistakes). To me, as a website, it has succeeded in having 20 years of legacy and being widely known and used not just for D2 but other games as well. Therefore one has to ask why it is so unpopular with D2 players themselves?
The bad:
- Spend real money (for forum gold) to trade for items. But this is hard to combat and will just move elsewhere.
- Hoard forum gold (or money) to spend excessively at start of next ladder reset (maybe less of an issue with nonladder having all runewords, ubers, dclone etc).
- Your forum gold is basically in the hands of the website owner.

The good:
- Sell many cheap items to different players for forum gold in order to buy a few great ones. A similar approach should be doable using runes or other ingame currency, but forum gold has become such a liquid currency that it's less convenient doing it another way. The liquidity is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome, I believe, to compete as an alternative trading site.

The future:
- Continue building a marketplace with better and more easy to use features like trust/peer reviews, upload of screenshots (win+shift+s, paste in browser) + OCR (or if blizzard could implement ctrl+c for items like PoE), quick/live search/filter, trade history, item price history, bulk trades (gems, runes, keys, jewels), selling boss/rush services, etc.
- WTB/Want/looking for listings, in addition to WTS/Sell? Can this be done just backward already maybe, and is it searchable? E.g. I want
Shako
offer 1
Ist
-> Selling
Ist
need
Shako
?
- Much like Path of Exile trade sites, click to copy a message to the clipboard to send to the other player, via all sorts of platforms.
- Having a price check service for rares or other hard to price items to help newer traders.
- Having a guide how to do your first trade, and what to collect for your first trade that surely will sell (runes, pgems, perhaps valuable uniques).
- How to deal with scammers and accusations (this is tricky for sure).
(- Maybe add some area based looking for group/party feature to help members get together and build s stronger community leading to more trading. Perhaps better through discord? LFG Cows/dia/
Baal
/leveling/tombs/pvp/trade/gold finding/timed boss runs competition/speedruns/challenge runs.)

All in all it's hard to compete with the established sites, unless you're noticeably better.
Yes, d2jsp is a very bad trade site. A real reason why the D2 economy dropped soo low. Imagine first week of ladder and someone is already fulled geared.. It's like does this person ever sleep or is it a robot? also have fg just to get an advantage next ladder.. What a way to kill a game.
Open Socket Deaths Fathom - 27% cold skill, +37% Light Res

Nighteings Veil (Socketed) - +20% CS dmg, +112%ed, +18dex, +5 cold absorb

Cold Sunder Charm (-70)

8 Cold Skill GC w Life ( 14, 15, 17, 38, 39, 39, 41, 42,)

1 Plain CS GC and 1 CS GC with 12% extra gold

+4 All Res, +1 dex SC

Shako
- 111def

Trangs Bracers - 69def

Maras Ammy - +29 res

Arachnid Mesh
- 94%ed

17/16/9 Anni charm

Trangs
Mesh Belt
- +37% dmg goes to mana, 11% mf

Spirit Shield - 140def, 31% fcr, +4 magic absorb, +90 to mana

Call To Arms -
Crystal Sword
- +5 BC, +1 BO, +1 BC

War Travelers - 49%mf, 162%ed

2 SOJs

+19att/+11res sorc torch

PSN: Charrco
Charrco wrote: 1 year ago
blah blah blah
Have you read the 1 year old post to wich you replied?

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
That's not how it works here, you create one trading topic per item, and then can discuss prices there without the need to right "bump" all the time (you have a button for that). See trade section, you have much more info there.

Welcome around.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...