Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   5151 views

Description

Took a week away from the internets.

Got back on to play my hc java as I get back into D2 for D2R and I died in 30 mins.

Made a new one and I couldnt stop playing until I found I had killed
Baal
. It was always one more waypoint, one more quest. Made a Rhyme and Stealth and had many hours of fun upgrading.

Nostalgia

First time going through it fully on hardcore and Im super stoked to play more. Single player, cause bnet is just broken for me. Just wanted to share my HC cherry popped.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Took a week away from the internets.

Got back on to play my hc java as I get back into D2 for D2R and I died in 30 mins.

Made a new one and I couldnt stop playing until I found I had killed
Baal
. It was always one more waypoint, one more quest. Made a Rhyme and Stealth and had many hours of fun upgrading.

Nostalgia

First time going through it fully on hardcore and Im super stoked to play more. Single player, cause bnet is just broken for me. Just wanted to share my HC cherry popped.
Hardcore mode is such a love/hate. Awesome you went and experienced it finally though :).

About 3 or 4 years ago I got the itch to play and hopped on USWest Classic Ladder Hardcore and made an Amazon. I played almost exclusively solo until about level 50 or so and then met some great folks to do CS runs with, and a few rushed me in Hell.

I got to level 93 and was like, "ok my Amazon is pretty buff, let's go do some Meph runs!"

First pack of Undead Stygian Dolls I encountered in Durance level 2 tore through me and my Amazon sat atop the leaderboards dead for like 3 months.

Ah, can't wait to do it again :)

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@CitationNumber I'm so glad you gave HC a chance and had a blast! It only gets better from now on! There's no coming back to SC now :P

What I can share from my many years playing HC is that every playthrough will be much better than the previous one. You might die a few times here and there (God only knows I did...) but if you learn something from that experience, I guarantee you, the next character you make, will be so much better.

"You die and you learn" ;)

OP
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
@CitationNumber I'm so glad you gave HC a chance and had a blast! It only gets better from now on! There's no coming back to SC now :P

What I can share from my many years playing HC is that every playthrough will be much better than the previous one. You might die a few times here and there (God only knows I did...) but if you learn something from that experience, I guarantee you, the next character you make, will be so much better.

"You die and you learn" ;)
Thanks!

You are totally right about Death and learning. Nightmare is more tough, I survived yesterday but had numerous one hit left escapes. Im fairly nervous about the bosses hahah. Ill meet
Andariel
tonight!!
@CitationNumber I hope you succeed tonight, keep pushing forward because we need more players like you in Hardcore. ^^
OP
siulk wrote: 2 years ago
@CitationNumber I hope you succeed tonight, keep pushing forward because we need more players like you in Hardcore. ^^
Oh yes, I face tanked
Andariel
without losing health. Blowing through act 2! Its so fun watching my java grow. Getting that
Sol
rune tonight and rushing
Duriel
. Hell here we come!

Thanks for the support!
Be careful with those dolls in Act 3 lol.

Keep us updated!

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I feel hardcore mode calling this time around. I've done everything in softcore forever, and the looming threat of losing everything sounds fun.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I feel hardcore mode calling this time around. I've done everything in softcore forever, and the looming threat of losing everything sounds fun.
I resisted for years, now it's the only way I feel like playing! It's so much fun and a great challenge. Need to play smart, and safe. Really recommend it to anyone who has played a lot of softcore already.
OP
Welp. This thread is over.

I dont know how it happened so fast.

Chillin, burnin, storm outside, fams in a diff room, cats sleepin. Breezing through act 3 one hitting everything in nightmare. Was about to enter
Travincal
, said ah hell Ill connect the kurast sewer maps together I know I dont need to but why not were chillin, gettin some more xp.

It was between a wall and water, a path just large enough fir one person. Two lil pygmy guys blocks me from crossing, go to turn around, a skeeter swoops in and stops my retreat. Block locked as I try and thunder Fury or hit or someth...ded.

Had a nice Peace, Rhyme, Lore, started getting decent runes, was going to make some better versions of my gear and farm some new jewelry. Level 54.

I also installed plugy for the stash space cause D2R will have tabs. Very nice.

Round 3 starts tonight, hell here we come. Next thread will be post nightmare.

Khegan 376

CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
It was between a wall and water, a path just large enough fir one person. Two lil pygmy guys blocks me from crossing, go to turn around, a skeeter swoops in and stops my retreat. Block locked as I try and thunder Fury or hit or someth...ded.
I recommend for your next attempt to buy a
Teleport
staff as soon as you're able to in act 3 (assuming you didn't have one). I have been saved countless times by having one on switch in similar situations.
When in doubt escape out.
OP
Selexin wrote: 2 years ago
Ahhhh I couldnt I was in a path that was only big enough to walk through and got trapped in the middle withs mobs on both sides. A skeeter flew over water from the side to block in my retreat.
Ahhhh I couldnt I was in a path that was only big enough to walk through and got trapped in the middle withs mobs on both sides. A skeeter flew over water from the side to block in my retreat.
I am guessing that person was referring to Save & Exit, I use it as a last resort if I can't get a TP up.
Man I know exactly what happened to you. Amazons are so squishy before they get that end game gear it's unreal. I have died in those sewers countless times.

There are so many pillars and turns and little bridges that you feel you have a ton of outs, but if there's flayers they legitimately just cut off everything. And then you get the flippin bats coming in and they hit you from the water too. It's rigged lol.

Dust it off and start over! Everyone goes through the deaths with toons you feel invulnerable on haha. It's brutal every time.
Wattzson wrote: 2 years ago
I am guessing that person was referring to Save & Exit, I use it as a last resort if I can't get a TP up.
Spot on my friend! I don't like using it, but it has saved me from embarrassment a few times.
Welp. This thread is over.

I dont know how it happened so fast.

Chillin, burnin, storm outside, fams in a diff room, cats sleepin. Breezing through act 3 one hitting everything in nightmare. Was about to enter
Travincal
, said ah hell Ill connect the kurast sewer maps together I know I dont need to but why not were chillin, gettin some more xp.

Had a nice Peace, Rhyme, Lore, started getting decent runes, was going to make some better versions of my gear and farm some new jewelry. Level 54.

I also installed plugy for the stash space cause D2R will have tabs. Very nice.

Round 3 starts tonight, hell here we come. Next thread will be post nightmare.
You got this!
OP
Wattzson wrote: 2 years ago
Spot on my friend! I don't like using it, but it has saved me from embarrassment a few times.
Ahhh I never thought of that. Thats dirty ;).

To the rest, Im already back to nightmare after yet another Death. :)

Th3ory 385

Paladin Americas PC
Exclusive HC player here as of the last 4-5 years so kudos to you for jumping in the Shadow Realm.

Or as I like to say...Vaya Con Dios.

Si Vis Pacum ParaBellum: If You Want Peace, Prepare for War

AKA HARDCORE

OP
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
Exclusive HC player here as of the last 4-5 years so kudos to you for jumping in the Shadow Realm.

Or as I like to say...Vaya Con Dios.

Si Vis Pacum ParaBellum: If You Want Peace, Prepare for War

AKA HARDCORE
I have decided a few days ago to be exclusive to HC. Ive always played SC in these games over the years with a semi casual HC toon. Its time.

Im on my 4th Amazon and each time its easier getting back to mid game. I have all of my gear this time before I got to where my furthest character had gotten, and tonight I will break new Ground!!!

Eyeing up other classes now :) Im here to stay.

Thanks for the support and welcome.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...