Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   16321 views

Which platform are you playing on?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 8698

Description

Personally I'm going to go for the PC experience, as that's the way I enjoy most games these days and of course D2 was built for PC. That said, the console development we've seen so far in the Q&As/panels looks amazing, and I've got a feeling that Resurrected is going to be just as popular on consoles.

What about you guys?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Personally I'm going to go for the PC experience, as that's the way I enjoy most games these days and of course D2 was built for PC. That said, the console development we've seen so far in the Q&As/panels looks amazing, and I've got a feeling that Resurrected is going to be just as popular on consoles.

What about you guys?

I preordered a copy for PC and Xbox. Console will be nice for leveling up or mf runs with a controller on the couch. Otherwise PC for trading, PVPing etc.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I don't have any game consoles so it's going to be PC all the way. I've only known D2 as a mouse clicker. How does it work with a gamepad?

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Dzik 49

Assassin Americas PC
I'm going to play on the PC, as i don't have any consoles. However, there will be controller support on the PC, which I'm looking forward to test myself.

Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I don't have any game consoles so it's going to be PC all the way. I've only known D2 as a mouse clicker. How does it work with a gamepad?

From what i have seen, there is skill bar, which will allow 6 skills that are bound to face keys, bumper and a trigger (I guess you will be able to choose yourself). As for potions, they are used with d-pad. It's best to check it yourself whenever you like it or not.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I kind of wish I could bind 6 skills to the keyboard on the PC version, lol. I know I can bind them to the scroll wheel with F-Keys, but having to scroll through or pick them through hotkeys is a pain.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
PC, might end up buying a copy for console at some point.

I am considering getting 2 copies for PC so I can have a BO barb and a sorc for rushing xD
Mainly PC, but I also want it on Nintendo Switch for Portability.
PC all the way. Maybe will get on a switch, as D3 was fun on this console.

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Nebthtet wrote: 2 years ago
PC all the way. Maybe will get on a switch, as D3 was fun on this console.
Ginger Gaming Mentor wrote: 2 years ago
Mainly PC, but I also want it on Nintendo Switch for Portability.
Kind of thinking the same - my main job is out at sea (I work onboard a diving vessel) so I'd want something for when I'm away, and from what I've heard D2 will be great on analog controls.

My biggest concern with the switch is if it will actually be able to run D2 without some restrictions.

It’s been noted that the reveal trailer had 8 player multiplayer but with an asterisk, then below the asterisk lists all the consoles but the Nintendo switch (see attached picture). I’m going to stick to Xbox instead just to be safe.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Madman wrote: 2 years ago
My biggest concern with the switch is if it will actually be able to run D2 without some restrictions.

It’s been noted that the reveal trailer had 8 player multiplayer but with an asterisk, then below the asterisk lists all the consoles but the Nintendo switch (see attached picture). 8CB49431-5651-437F-9FA3-EB1716760FBC.jpeg

I’m going to stick to Xbox instead just to be safe.
Ah sugar, well spotted. Wonder what that's about - is it an issue where the Switch can't render the graphics for 8 players + spells etc. efficiently enough or something? Does anyone know?

If I had to guess I would say switch might be reduced to 4 player online, or something similar. Probably not a big deal if you just want a portable D2 while traveling. Then you can pickup your progress on PC with full capabilities.
PC superior for sure.
PC will be my go to platform. Will probably also play on the Playstation 5 from time to time.

Personal Project:
Mythril.io - Platform that allows users to track, discover, review, recommend and discuss video games.
Madman wrote: 2 years ago
If I had to guess I would say switch might be reduced to 4 player online, or something similar. Probably not a big deal if you just want a portable D2 while traveling. Then you can pickup your progress on PC with full capabilities.
I didnt think of this. Now I'm tempted to get a switch muahaha.

On a side non quoted note. I voted PC because its just home, but I'm going to start on xbox. My wrist has ben bothering me after an abusive 8 month spree in Albion Online, clocking 2.5 months of play time with a kid and career. So I will get both copies and jump back and forth.

That and to just sprawl out with a controller and D2 it up is so inviting.
PC + Switch

Never thought I'd get to play D2 just chilling on the couch or something lol. I'll def do the mindless MF runs on the switch at times because of that.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Kind of thinking the same - my main job is out at sea (I work onboard a diving vessel) so I'd want something for when I'm away, and from what I've heard D2 will be great on analog controls.
Yeah, its small size must be a big bonus in limited space on a ship :)
I love how well the console controls work for D3 but it also shows that the game was developed with limited control scheme in mind - compared to D2 / D1 controls it has totally different philosophy. It would be good if the PC versions offered varying control schemes but of course that won't happen due to dev time & cost :)

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
I'm also thinking of getting the PC + Switch combo, sounds neat with the cross progression and being able to chill with some farming on the couch.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
Yep, like the others have mentioned, I have pre-ordered on the PC and will play there mostly - but I own a switch and will definitely buy it for that to for playing on lounge or in bed.
PC is definitely my preferred choice, but I'm also considering the Switch just for the portability and the couch playability.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...