Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   418 views

Description

Came across a guide to a "Dragon Enchantress". In that guide, I found the following claim:

"First on the auras especially through items. There are already extensive discussions on aura mechanism for both native paladin auras and auras through items such as Dragon/HOJ and Dual-Dream so I won’t explain those in details and assume anyone who are interested in this build already possess the basic knowledge. One thing that not everybody knows is that the aura from items stacks N times at the highest level granted by items where N is the number of such items equipped. For example, if one Dream is equipped, the pulse damage is one time level-15
Holy Shock
per tick. For dual Dream it is two times level-30 per tick, and for Dual Dragon/HOJ it is three times level-44
Holy Fire
per tick
." (Emphasis added.)

Can anybody confirm whether the highlighted claim is true? This is not information I have come across before, but it seems plausible enough given the spaghetti code so often on display.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Came across a guide to a "Dragon Enchantress". In that guide, I found the following claim:

"First on the auras especially through items. There are already extensive discussions on aura mechanism for both native paladin auras and auras through items such as Dragon/HOJ and Dual-Dream so I won’t explain those in details and assume anyone who are interested in this build already possess the basic knowledge. One thing that not everybody knows is that the aura from items stacks N times at the highest level granted by items where N is the number of such items equipped. For example, if one Dream is equipped, the pulse damage is one time level-15
Holy Shock
per tick. For dual Dream it is two times level-30 per tick, and for Dual Dragon/HOJ it is three times level-44
Holy Fire
per tick
." (Emphasis added.)

Can anybody confirm whether the highlighted claim is true? This is not information I have come across before, but it seems plausible enough given the spaghetti code so often on display.
Answeredby fredkid4 weeks agoGo to post
For those in countries that cannot access theamazonbasin
Radial damage of Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock and Sanctuary from both the Paladin or Desert Mercenary and the items equipped will be applied. Furthermore, when multiple items supplying the same aura are equipped, not only is that aura supplied at their combined level, but radial damage for an aura of that combined level is applied once for each supplying item.
DasNarf wrote: 4 weeks ago
Hm, I didn't knew that, too, but it may explain why the Dragondins aura feels way more powerful than that of a Tesladin or a Dual Dream-Sorc.

Here I found a source confirming this: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... n_Equipped

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
Hm, I didn't knew that, too, but it may explain why the Dragondins aura feels way more powerful than that of a Tesladin or a Dual Dream-Sorc.

Here I found a source confirming this: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... n_Equipped

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)

marl71 116

Americas PC
Yes it is true. It's the basis for all of these builds--without this mechanic/bug, they wouldn't be very strong
Radial damage of
Holy Fire
Holy Freeze
Holy Shock
and Sanctuary from both the Paladin or Desert Mercenary and the items equipped will be applied. Furthermore, when multiple items supplying the same aura are equipped, not only is that aura supplied at their combined level, but radial damage for an aura of that combined level is applied once for each supplying item.

This post was marked as the best answer.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP

It seems your google fu surpasses mine! Neato, thanks for looking into it and sharing what your found ^__^

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
Just to inform
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner
do not accounts the "1 tick per Item" damage of aura from items (so it shows the same tick damage for
Holy Fire
/
Holy Shock
from the Paladin or from the items)
fredkid wrote: 4 weeks ago
Radial damage of
Holy Fire
Holy Freeze
Holy Shock
and Sanctuary from both the Paladin or Desert Mercenary and the items equipped will be applied. Furthermore, when multiple items supplying the same aura are equipped, not only is that aura supplied at their combined level, but radial damage for an aura of that combined level is applied once for each supplying item.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...