Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   267 views

Description

As far as I understood maxroll's staff mods page an item with ilvl <= 11 can only have lvl 1 and lvl 6 skills. So if I use the cube on an low quality item to get a normal one with ilvl 1 it can never have a higher skill than a lvl 6 skill on it. Is that correct?
Description by atari

Can be used to make Runewords:

atari 575

Europe XLinux
As far as I understood maxroll's staff mods page an item with ilvl <= 11 can only have lvl 1 and lvl 6 skills. So if I use the cube on an low quality item to get a normal one with ilvl 1 it can never have a higher skill than a lvl 6 skill on it. Is that correct?
Answeredby ShadowHeart1 month agoGo to post
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
In theory yes....
But I think that the staff mods are not re-rolled when you cube a low quality item to get a normal one with ilvl1 🤔
Yes, they are. They are rerolled with the new ilvl in mind. I did this a lot during my necromancer hardcore playthrough, "repairing" low quality shrunken heads to re-roll the staffmods.

As for the OP's question, yes, as far as I know, this is how it works, the result's staffmods will be limited by ilvl = 1.

For automods (like resists on paladin shields), I think that qlvl of the base item may effectively set a lower threshold of the alvl, even if the ilvl becomes 1 with the recipe, allowing higher level automods than technically possible on ilvl 1. But I don't think qlvl has any effect on staffmods.

EDIT: added some more info :)

In theory yes....
But I think that the staff mods are not re-rolled when you cube a low quality item to get a normal one with ilvl1 🤔

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 2582Moderator

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
In theory yes....
Yes, they are. They are rerolled with the new ilvl in mind. I did this a lot during my necromancer hardcore playthrough, "repairing" low quality shrunken heads to re-roll the staffmods.

As for the OP's question, yes, as far as I know, this is how it works, the result's staffmods will be limited by ilvl = 1.

For automods (like resists on paladin shields), I think that qlvl of the base item may effectively set a lower threshold of the alvl, even if the ilvl becomes 1 with the recipe, allowing higher level automods than technically possible on ilvl 1. But I don't think qlvl has any effect on staffmods.

EDIT: added some more info :)
This post was marked as the best answer.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

ShadowHeart 2582Moderator

Europe PC
Side node, that is sort of related.

Did you know that there's a way to get a rare shrunken head with +2 to Necromancer skill levels and +3 to
Raise Skeleton
(and +X to
Skeleton Mastery
)? It's not normally possible (it can't drop), it can only be done with the cube recipe to re-roll rares (using 6 Perfect Skulls) on elite shrunken heads, preferrably
Succubus Skull
or
Bloodlord Skull
for their high qlvl.

It's not normally possible because +2 to Necromancer skill levels on a shrunken head requires alvl >= 50, but for it to get +X to
Raise Skeleton
, it needs to have an ilvl <= 24. Incompatible conditions. However, the cube recipe for re-rolling rares with Perfect Skulls reduces the item's ilvl with each re-roll, and after enough re-rolls the ilvl will have dropped below 24. And, if you're doing it on a rare of a base item with a high enough qlvl, the qlvl will set an effective lower threshold for possible affixes, allowing high level affixes to be rolled despite the ilvl having dropped low enough to roll a level 1 skill like
Raise Skeleton

This is of course extremely difficult to hit.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

TheDoo 359

Europe PC
Wasn't it also true that if you "fix" low quality Necro head with RS or SM that it will always yield RS or SM mod as well after the reroll or something like that?

I know some guy who was buying chipped heads in-game at the rate of 3 for 1
Jah
and then upping their quality because he was trying to hit 3/3 for the ultimate Summoner Necro build and he mentioned something how game works along those lines I wrote above.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller can ask for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...