Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   170 views

Description

I sometimes have trades up here that i end up selling for more(sometimes) in a public game, or simply advertising on BNet
than I get offered on diablo
Io
. (buyers can lowball and its pretty silent on here anyway)
What I am wondering is I have seen some traders fill in the spot for their buyer with something like a token "PUBLIC TRADE"
Or some option instead of leaving it blank, which results in the buyer being left as an "Non-applicable"

It may not be all that important but when I'm marking as sold after I sold it in game can or should I do this and how?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I sometimes have trades up here that i end up selling for more(sometimes) in a public game, or simply advertising on BNet
than I get offered on diablo
Io
. (buyers can lowball and its pretty silent on here anyway)
What I am wondering is I have seen some traders fill in the spot for their buyer with something like a token "PUBLIC TRADE"
Or some option instead of leaving it blank, which results in the buyer being left as an "Non-applicable"

It may not be all that important but when I'm marking as sold after I sold it in game can or should I do this and how?

Schnorki 3359Moderator

PC
When you mark a trade as sold, you can fill in the buyer name. That can either be an actual diablo2.io member (in which case the name gets linked and you can exchange trust) or it can be a descriptive name such as "ingame".

Closing trades with "ingame" or similar as the buyer still adds value as they show up as such in the price history, letting folks know what an appropriate range for their item would be when also considering in-game as a trade option. (Sometimes that's higher, sometimes lower, sometimes about the same)

Leaving the name blank instead however I would say should be avoided as N/A doesn't add much value whereas "ingame" adds important context, especially in cases where the sales price deviates significantly from the common price range here (in whichever direction).

Alternatively, some folks choose to simply delete their trades instead of marking as sold when the trade ended up happening somewhere outside of this platform. Also a valid approach.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
Ah Ok i thought there was like an official option somewhere that I couldn't figure out. Thx for the Insight

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...