Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   433 views

Description

Lagged out on my well-geared FO/ES sorc at the start of a Nihthalak (sp?) run and died, died again attempting to just get my body back. Cut my losses and log out and back in, EVERYTHING is gone. I've already confirmed that Blizzard doesn't give a sh!t about this as this apparently is a known bug that they do NOTHING about, just figured I'd put this out there in case it happens to somebody else.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Lagged out on my well-geared FO/ES sorc at the start of a Nihthalak (sp?) run and died, died again attempting to just get my body back. Cut my losses and log out and back in, EVERYTHING is gone. I've already confirmed that Blizzard doesn't give a sh!t about this as this apparently is a known bug that they do NOTHING about, just figured I'd put this out there in case it happens to somebody else.
you didnt die more than 10 times ? i dont remember the amount of times you can die until first corpse is gone and taking the items with it into the abyss.

or it was a bug and you only died 3-5 times ?

what was the most expensive item you lost ?maybe i can help a little
Since I discover that only one of your dead bodies is retrieved after you restart a game, I only try to rescue my body when I almost sure that is safe (normally because I had a "dummy Death", like being afk for just a minute and a single monster that came from far away kill me...)

The body retrieved is the one with more gold attached to it...
https://maxroll.gg/d2/resources/death
A Character may equip pieces of Gear before retrieving the corpse. If they then die and S+E, the corpse that appears in the next game is the corpse with the highest sum value of Gold.
So if you try to rescue your dead bodies try to not get any gold or item on the way...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Illusions wrote: 2 weeks ago
you didnt die more than 10 times ? i dont remember the amount of times you can die until first corpse is gone and taking the items with it into the abyss.
According to
https://maxroll.gg/d2/resources/death
is 15 times
If a Character dies more than 15 times without retrieving their bodies, then any equipped items are dropped onto the Ground on the 16th Death.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Illusions wrote: 2 weeks ago

or it was a bug and you only died 3-5 times ?

what was the most expensive item you lost ?maybe i can help a little
Nope, only twice. Overall lost about 10~12
Jah
worth the stuff, clan has already offered to replace pretty much all of it. I'm simply done with Blizzard treating it's players/customers like absolute sh!t, I'm done.

TheDoo 327

Europe PC
Yeah, what Fred said... If you are trying to get your body don't equip anything, otherwise it can happen. It's not a bug it's a feature (unfortunately).

It happened at least 3 times for me so far, twice in offline which was trivial to fix since I backup all my characters and once on online that was pain in the butt but didn't lose that many expensive stuff like you (and it was in beginning-ish of D2R).

All in all it sucks but it is what it is.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
If you died once, type /nopickup in chat, so you can't pick up stuff by accident.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...