Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   246 views

Description

I would like to give away all items (EU Softcore NL & Ladder), how is this usually organised?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I would like to give away all items (EU Softcore NL & Ladder), how is this usually organised?

Schnorki 3277Moderator

PC
There is no one perfect solution to giveaways. While wanting to pass "your riches" on to others is always a kind thing to do and much appreciated, folks who do such giveaways will inevitably often be in different situations from one another, not just in terms of what there is to give but also in terms of how much involvement is desired.

As a result, giveaways come in many shapes and sizes, all of which are perfectly valid approaches:
- A random public "free stuff" game in which everything is dropped for folks to pick up
- A private giveaway game in which everything is dropped and the game name and password are subsequently posted here for folks to join and pick stuff up
- "Free" trades here in which individual items are given away
- A giveaway topic with some sort of game or riddle or the like attached or if not, a simple raffle, just some way to pick a winner from those entering the topic to join said giveaway
- A more "extensive" approach similar to what ShadowHeart has been doing lately in which the giveaway is tied directly into a fair amount of ingame activity
- Anything in between and then some

Simply put, sky's the limit and you can go with whatever your creativity allows.

More involved approaches are obviously just that and would require a lot more effort/time investment on your end which may not always be desired or even possible. Random public games on the other hand - while certainly the easiest - will typically have 1-2 people get everything so if you have a fair amount to give away and would like to spread it out across multiple lucky recipients, that approach wouldn't be the ideal choice.
As so often, the best solution...depends... :) Personally, I've gone with multiple different approaches in the past as it simply boiled down to the amount of stuff and surrounding situation/time/context.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
An option is to "outsource" the giveway.
Talk with some of the know users that organize/do giveways, give all the items to them and let them distribute.
(and no, I'm not one of those users šŸ™‚šŸ˜‰)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 week ago

- "Free" trades here in which individual items are given away
that is nice metod ^_^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation