Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
29 replies   2452 views

Description

Is this somewhere on the site? Now that we no longer have arreats summit (RIP), I feel this would be a good addition to the site. Thoughts?

Can be used to make Runewords:

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
Is this somewhere on the site? Now that we no longer have arreats summit (RIP), I feel this would be a good addition to the site. Thoughts?

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
Great list at https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II). I think it's complete, and current enough to work for D2R.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
an archive of the site is here

forums/arreat-summit-website-t1266388.html
OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
I understand there are work-arounds, I was suggesting that it is added to the site. Everything else in the diablo2.io database is hosted elsewhere as well.

Regards,

G

OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
There's a section on the database for NPCs that I doubt has ever been used. I think a magic affix section would be pretty nice addition. Conceptually, I would lay it out as follows:

A section in the database with buttons to filter results by item slot(s) the affix can spawn on, affix type (prefix or suffix), affix category, & level boundaries, results would be lists of: a list of item slot, affix type, affix category & level boundaries.

I might be missing some things. Thoughts?

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Hey geo, a 'magic affixes' section has been suggested a few times but I've always hesitated for one simple reason: I don't believe that duplicating the already existing information out there will add any value for the community. It already exists in a good layout on the fandom/
Arreat Summit
and I don't see where there is room for improvement rebuilding that on d2io. Happy to hear your thoughts on this but I remain unconvinced that this is worth pursuing right now.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
and I don't see where there is room for improvement rebuilding that on d2io.
That part I would actually challenge, based on my usage of the various available sources. Or at least the ones I've gotten used to..not sure who else may have already built something newer/better for it.

As it stands, they seem to still all just basically be a long list of affixes. As an overview, that makes sense. And to look up what a specific affix does, that's sufficient as well.

But if you want to look at "what's possible on a body armor?" or want to do some odds-calculations, it very quickly becomes rather annoying to deal with as you basically have to ctrl+f through the lists to find the various options and do some manual adding/subtracting and whatnot for any odds-calc.

If there was a comprehensive list of affixes that you could actually properly fully filter (by level range, by item type, by prefix vs. suffix, by rare vs. magic and so on), I would say that'd actually be quite helpful in a number of use cases.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
If there was a comprehensive list of affixes that you could actually properly fully filter (by level range, by item type, by prefix vs. suffix, by rare vs. magic and so on), I would say that'd actually be quite helpful in a number of use cases.
Okay so you guys think there is actually room for improvement here if we were to build out Magic as a database section with similar phrase-matching filter/search/sort functionality as the other database categories?

Can someone come up with a complete matrix/spreadsheet of what bits of info would be stored for each magical affix for me? That would make it easier for me to think about how it could be implemented.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
If done right, I would say yes.

Personally, I tend to use https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II) as a source for when I need them now (not exclusively but mostly). The core bits would be:
- Affix name
- Affix type (prefix vs. suffix)
- Attributes/affix effect (+1 cold skills, xx magic find and so on)
- Item type (amulets, gloves, ...)
- Item quality (rare + magic vs. magic only)
- Minimum ilvl

Just going by other sections, the "default functionality" so to speak should presumably allow for searching by name as well as function and filtering for item type, affix type and quality, which when combined would already be a vast improvement to what is currently available.

Minimum lvl would probably need some sort of custom filter so you can define a (partial) range, "between x and y", "x or higher" or "less than y". Having that one as a direct search/each option individually selected as you see for most other filtering here would likely not be all that useful.

Skill charges would be a tad more complicated to depict correctly/in a useful manner. Ideally, include the level steps with the respective skill level and charges I would say, rather than just one entry per skill. Similar to how "vita" and such exist in multiple variations, depending on lvl.
OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
Hey geo, a 'magic affixes' section has been suggested a few times but I've always hesitated for one simple reason: I don't believe that duplicating the already existing information out there will add any value for the community. It already exists in a good layout on the fandom/
Arreat Summit
and I don't see where there is room for improvement rebuilding that on d2io. Happy to hear your thoughts on this but I remain unconvinced that this is worth pursuing right now.
Sure,
Arreat Summit
is pretty good & always my go-to, but I think it can be improved. Firstly, having affixes on separate pages by prefix & suffix isn't great. Also,
Arreat Summit
displays the suffix and prefix in neat tables on each respective page but it lacks filtering capabilities.

I think what might be more conducive to organizing & finding those chase gears would be filter buttons (much like how you implemented in the listings), where you filter by choosing the item, choosing the rarity, then pressing submit, and it shows you the results of possible prefixes, then below those, suffixes, what stats they provide, & the ilvl of the affixes. Rare rarity type would filter out magic-only affixes.

From there the user can look at which affix combinations are possible on certain item types without needing to navigate two pages and using ctrl + f.

The item types would be the same as what's on
Arreat Summit
now, so Body Armor, Rings, Amulets, Weapons etc.

That's just one idea but I'm sure there are more clever ones I haven't thought of.

If looking for possible affixes available for a single item (say, a rare
Phase Blade
or a crafted amulet), I use Maxroll calc. It has a convenient search tool, which limits results to affixes available to a chosen item type and quality, also checking the possible combinations of already added affixes. And, the most importantly, it is in active development, unlike Arreat Summit (recently resurrected, but still outdated).

If looking for all the items having a certain property (say, - enemy fire res or
Lower Resist
proc/charge/oskill), The Amazon Basin is the best. Unfortunately, like AS, it is no longer up to date.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Khegan may be preparing a spreadhseet for this guys, which will help the process of figuring it all out - thanks for input so far.

Won't happen this coming patch 1.41 (shit tons else to do) but will consider for 1.42.

For theory crafting items I use https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/

when I begun to use this website, it felt a bit chaotic, but after making few characters its pretty intuitive, easy and fast to use.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
Khegan may be preparing a spreadhseet for this guys, which will help the process of figuring it all out - thanks for input so far.

Won't happen this coming patch 1.41 (shit tons else to do) but will consider for 1.42.
that's really cool. Can you show us what he comes up with? I'd love to see the process from concept to implementation.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
geo89 wrote: 1 year ago

that's really cool. Can you show us what he comes up with? I'd love to see the process from concept to implementation.
@Khegan

Khegan 376

Affix Spreadsheet

Just started a couple days ago. There's a lot of data to run through in the prefix/suffix text files + cross-referencing with other sources to ensure accuracy (I wish summit had 100% reliable info...). I added notes to the columns where I thought an explanation would be useful/needed.

You might notice that charged suffixes are missing – this is where things get way over-complicated, and I'm going to use Basin's page on the topic to help with formatting. A separate spreadsheet will be made for these properties.
I am confused. What happened to the
Arreat Summit
? When I google it, I get a link to http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

ShadowHeart 1720Moderator

Europe PC
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Arreat Summit
Oh, it's back now, but
Arreat Summit
was down for several days, maybe it was even weeks? I can't even remember how long it was gone.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Arreat Summit
Oh, it's back now, but
Arreat Summit
was down for several days, maybe it was even weeks? I can't even remember how long it was gone.
It was down for a few days but now it seems like it is more responsive, it was very slow before. Still outdated for the D2R changes and I think the encryption certificate is still expired because it's still insecure. Is this a fan website?

OP

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Affix Spreadsheet

Just started a couple days ago. There's a lot of data to run through in the prefix/suffix text files + cross-referencing with other sources to ensure accuracy (I wish summit had 100% reliable info...). I added notes to the columns where I thought an explanation would be useful/needed.

You might notice that charged suffixes are missing – this is where things get way over-complicated, and I'm going to use Basin's page on the topic to help with formatting. A separate spreadsheet will be made for these properties.
Thanks Khegan, the spreadsheet looks great. What was the issue with the
Charge
skills? Aren't they just another suffix?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...