Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   482 views

Description

Hey all, just wanted to explore the feasibility of this addition by discussing it with the rest of you.

First off, I know the database and planned features are already quite a mouthful (I know the skill calculations was atleast quite some work), so this is probably only for down the road after already planned features.

However on to the subject at hand. The website is, mainly, as @Teebling has mentioned a database and thus it would be nice to explore including a list of possible affixes that magic and rare items can roll and the tiers of these affixes to see how far off perfect the given item is.

Is this at all possible and is it even worth doing considering how many people would actually use it?

Edit: I know there atleast exist some form of lists already like this one: https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)
If it's possible I would be willing to add it manually by hand.
Description by Tavron

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tavron 133

Paladin Europe PC
Hey all, just wanted to explore the feasibility of this addition by discussing it with the rest of you.

First off, I know the database and planned features are already quite a mouthful (I know the skill calculations was atleast quite some work), so this is probably only for down the road after already planned features.

However on to the subject at hand. The website is, mainly, as @Teebling has mentioned a database and thus it would be nice to explore including a list of possible affixes that magic and rare items can roll and the tiers of these affixes to see how far off perfect the given item is.

Is this at all possible and is it even worth doing considering how many people would actually use it?

Edit: I know there atleast exist some form of lists already like this one: https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)
If it's possible I would be willing to add it manually by hand.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

Teebling 5817Admin

Europe PC
Hey Tavron - what I had planned for the next patch was a ‘Magic/Rare’ section where people could contribute very popular or sought after magic/rare items, seeing as out of all of the affixes, only some are really worth getting.

However on second thought, we could perhaps go a bit deeper on this. You have to tell me how it would be organised though - I can’t just ‘think’ of how to present this all straight away.

For example would it be a simple matter of adding an entry for each affix like ‘of the Whale’ etc. with a description? What data would go inside this entry, besides what the affix provides, which is only one string?

Let me know your thoughts here guys and I’ll try to fit this in if it’s wanted.

Deleted User 632 0

what about adding them in a similar way to how you did with the items. and have them link to text, show description while you mouse-over, and with filter to sort them by type.
OP

Tavron 133

Paladin Europe PC
Hmm it could also just be a list like the one in the link from my first post?
So 3-4 columns with [Affix name, the attribute, item type, ilvl required to roll it]
Affix name Attribute Item type ilvl required
Bronze +# to Attack rating Amulets, Circles, Gloves etc 1
Then if possible make it searchable by keywords.

Teebling 5817Admin

Europe PC
Given this some thought and have decided that I will make one new database category called 'Mechanics' which will house:
  • Affixes/Suffixes of Magic/Rare items
  • Actual mechanics themselves (things like FCR, Life Steal etc.)
Would be filled like other contributions. This would allow searching/filtering/sorting etc. like the other categories.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Given this some thought and have decided that I will make one new database category called 'Mechanics' which will house:
This? I love it.
Very good call. The more information we have available for new/veteran players, the better.

OP

Tavron 133

Paladin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Would be filled like other contributions. This would allow searching/filtering/sorting etc. like the other categories.
So happy to hear! Looking forward to help populating the database further.

Deleted User 632 0

maybe something like this. click the affix/Suffix type you want. then you get the list with the names, stats, item type and ilvl req for that type. for mods you select type of mod, then click the mod to get a description.
@Udyret In excell you can make interactable menus lists like you explained?

To clarify, I could click on Faster Run/Walk and it would then generate more info? I ask because I have a big spread sheet I work on at work for our parts that we use commonly enough and this would be cool rather then having 8 different tabs that are full.

Anything a peon can do to help just hollar!

Deleted User 632 0

I'm not sure if there is any good way to do this @CitationNumber.
you can add a note to the cell (Shift+F2) for the additional text. or make a hyperlink (ctrl+k) and link to another sheet, or google doc.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
or make a hyperlink (ctrl+k) and link to another sheet, or google doc.
This opens up options, thank you! So I could do like an index then where they can jump to any of x number of tabs.

Teebling 5817Admin

Europe PC
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
or make a hyperlink (ctrl+k) and link to another sheet, or google doc.
This opens up options, thank you! So I could do like an index then where they can jump to any of x number of tabs.
This'd be useful for when people contribute this data to the new 'Magic' category coming in patch 0.3 :)

@Teebling I'll be keeping an eye out from yall to help.

Deleted User 632 0

some people will probably want to use this function on the forum also. to link to specific parts of a post / guide. @Teebling

BMAY 528

Assassin Americas PC
Searched the forum for this suggestion and am happy to have found it.

Would like to suggest considering fleshing out the database in a way that users can search specific affixes or attributes and find all possible locations these stats can be found.

For an example; check out how The Amazon Basin does it here: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... r_Run/Walk - Faster Run Walk

This not only gives a great description, but a quick list of all the items that can possibly roll the mod, their values, Required Levels and Area levels to spawn, etc. I use this feature all the time to craft build theories and find useful items.

I think there are further useful ideas for organization and hierarchy by seeing everything else that's included here. The basin categorizes all stats as either: Attribute, Unit, Animation, Attack, Damage, & Death. There might be better way to do it here, but I think there are many good concepts to take from here:

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... itle=Basic

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...