Description

Hi,

Is it worth to try rolling blue
Monarch
dropped by Hell
Nihlathak
in order to try get Jeweler's
Monarch
of Deflecting (JMoD)? Or it's a wasting of time and gems? What you would suggest? Thanks
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

Is it worth to try rolling blue
Monarch
dropped by Hell
Nihlathak
in order to try get Jeweler's
Monarch
of Deflecting (JMoD)? Or it's a wasting of time and gems? What you would suggest? Thanks
Wasting time and gems. Way too many possible combinations, almost all are absolutely worthless.

Always roll grand charms with gems.
From what I understood in the past people might reroll the blue
Monarch
1 time and then sell it. The hidden iLvl drops each time you reroll and eventually makes the
Monarch
unable to roll with the mods you want. Rare Diadems and
Baal
GC's are the best for rerolling with
Baal
SC's being a decent option too.
The 3pgems + magic item keeps the ilvl.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
necropuddi wrote: 2 years ago
Wasting time and gems. Way too many possible combinations, almost all are absolutely worthless.

Ya what Necropuddi said. Its way too high of a chance to ever get it and those resources are better spent re-rolling GC's for skillers.

You'll sooner find every HR in the game than 1 of those GG monarchs. lol

I have heard of ilevel dropping when rolling for new stats. Is there a resource somewhere that goes into this? I've been rolling the same Diablo GC but haven't gotten anything yet. Now I wonder if the item level has dropped.

wale 39

Druid PC
1/14996 - odds of a unid magical
Monarch
being jewelers
Monarch
of deflecting

I'd say no it isn't worth it, but pick up the magical ones that drop.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
wale wrote: 2 years ago
1/14996
Really? where did you get this info? i feel like 1:15000 is "low". lol. Considering the drop rates of runes and you see way more HRs than you do jewelers monarchs. Maybe because barely anyone bothers to ID blue monarchs?

wale 39

Druid PC
https://tools.harrogath.com/affixcalc.html its not the prettiest website but its very useful for this sort of stuff

Yeah, I don't find that many magical Monarchs, but I'd guess its also because lotsof people dont pick them up to check lol

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
shivercity321 wrote: 2 years ago
I have heard of ilevel dropping when rolling for new stats. Is there a resource somewhere that goes into this? I've been rolling the same Diablo GC but haven't gotten anything yet. Now I wonder if the item level has dropped.
Rerolling rare items with this recipe does drop the ilvl.
Rerolling magic items with this recipe does not.

This means your GC will keep the same ilvl no matter how many times you reroll it.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
necropuddi wrote: 2 years ago

Ya what Necropuddi said. Its way too high of a chance to ever get it and those resources are better spent re-rolling GC's for skillers.

You'll sooner find every HR in the game than 1 of those GG monarchs. lol
This is very true. I'm one
Jah
and one
Ber
away from this exact prediction xD

(of COURSE it's these two runes that are the ones I haven't found yet)
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
shivercity321 wrote: 2 years ago
Rerolling rare items with this recipe does drop the ilvl.
Rerolling magic items with this recipe does not.

This means your GC will keep the same ilvl no matter how many times you reroll it.
its not that simple with rerolling charms its more about the qlvl of the magic item and the ilvl

note that charms equations are unique for charms and dont work with any other type or reroll

so In the case of charms ilvl is determined by the monster's level (mlvl) from which they dropped

the area lvl in the game is capped at 85 however ilvl 99 drops from
Baal
diablo and nithalak

qlvls are fixed at 28 for Small Charms 14 for Large Charms and 1 for Grand Charms.

if rerolling multiple times remember to plug in the new ilvl each time you roll to see if affixes and prefixes are still available as your ilvl may keep changeing

with crafting charms you can follow these formulas

grand Charms,
if ilvl < 92, then alvl = ilvl - 0 (the 0 is actually .5 and is confirmed to be converted to a zero as the game in this situation chooses to round this decimal number to zero)
if ilvl >= 92, then alvl = ilvl * 2 - 99.

so for grand charms ilvl 92 and up will just reroll up to 99

also with grand charms anything rerolled at or below 91 ilvl would return diminishing returns by .5 ilvls with each roll but since the .5 is reduced to zero in this case grand charms always reroll the same ilvl no matter what

(note that ive read d2 uses almost exclusively integer calculations this means it will not remember or use fractions In addition it won't round but truncate and ive also read that decimals and fractions are mostly always rounded down in d2 but there are however exceptions to this rule in short im not sure however ive heard that gcs will reroll at the same ilvl every time which would indicate that the game is rounding the .5 down to zero so that information may actually be the case )

large Charms,
if ilvl < 92, then alvl = ilvl - 7
if ilvl >= 92, then alvl = ilvl * 2 - 99

so for large charms ilvl 92 and up will just reroll up to 99

also with large charms anything rerolled at or below 91 ilvl will return diminishing returns by 7 ilvls with each roll

small charms :
if ilvl < 92 alvl = ilvl - 14 then
if ilvl >= 92, then alvl = ilvl * 2 - 99

so for small charms ilvl 92 and up scs will just reroll up to 99

also with small charm anything rerolled at or below 91 ilvl will return diminishing returns by 14 ilvls with each roll

edited im sure this is 100% accurate info for reals now
think we have here confusion with lvl required (shows) and ilvl (does not show).
as i know ilvl is always stays same when rerolling charms.
but maybe some more experienced player can in short explain this topic.

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
Lifted from
Arreat Summit
's page about the
Horadric Cube
(http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml);
Blizzard wrote:
Perfect Gems
(of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl = ilvl. This means to use 100% of the ilvl of the input item. It's important to note the difference between "the ilvl is set to a fixed number" like what happens in some recipes and "the ilvl of the output is exactly the same as the ilvl of the input" as is the case here. So if you're cubing for +skills Grand Charms, for example, you want to use Charms starting from late Nightmare, not ones that dropped in the Normal
Blood Moor
. You can use this formula (with an Amulet) to create a +2 Skills Amulet. And you cannot Gamble one before Character Level 84. Be warned however, that the chances of getting that on an Amulet might be very low (considering everything is available) and it might take a lot of tries. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items. You can also use this on Charms and Jewels.
(emphasis mine)

I.e., the cube recipe for re-rolling magic items works the same way for all magic (blue) items and always preserves ilvl regardless of the type of item being re-
rolled.

If you don't trust
Arreat Summit
and/or you need more source, there are plentiful.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
brgljez wrote: 1 year ago
think we have here confusion with lvl required (shows) and ilvl (does not show).
as i know ilvl is always stays same when rerolling charms.
but maybe some more experienced player can in short explain this topic.
lvl required is not the same as ilvl the only way to know the ilvl is to know where you got your charm to drop and possibly what you have done to it like how many times you rerolled it for example

ilvls of 99 charms rerolled are always the same ilvl anything below 92 which is everything other than the ilvl 99s from
Baal
diablo and
Nihlathak
will be at top ilvl 85 and lower and will always regress with each roll

unless all grand charms .5 value are treated as zero and rounded down (which im unsure if happens here or not) then all grand charms would maintain the same ilvl with each reroll large charms and small charms do not have the possibility to work this way as no decimal value so they always regress with each roll if the charms is ilvl 85 and lower to start with
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Lifted from
Arreat Summit
's page about the
Horadric Cube
(http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml);
Blizzard wrote:
Perfect Gems
(of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl = ilvl. This means to use 100% of the ilvl of the input item. It's important to note the difference between "the ilvl is set to a fixed number" like what happens in some recipes and "the ilvl of the output is exactly the same as the ilvl of the input" as is the case here. So if you're cubing for +skills Grand Charms, for example, you want to use Charms starting from late Nightmare, not ones that dropped in the Normal
Blood Moor
. You can use this formula (with an Amulet) to create a +2 Skills Amulet. And you cannot Gamble one before Character Level 84. Be warned however, that the chances of getting that on an Amulet might be very low (considering everything is available) and it might take a lot of tries. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items. You can also use this on Charms and Jewels.
(emphasis mine)

I.e., the cube recipe for re-rolling magic items works the same way for all magic (blue) items and always preserves ilvl regardless of the type of item being re-
rolled.

If you don't trust
Arreat Summit
and/or you need more source, there are plentiful.
your quoteing a statement that is more of a general statement then the actual formulas bud
charms are magic items yes but unlike all other magic items they are calculated differently when rerolled and the formulas i provided above are those formulas which are 100% accurate

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
Do you have any source for this information and those formulas you presented?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Do you have any source for this information and those formulas you presented?
some of the info i personally had to reverse engineer i guess is a good way of saying it but i can provide a few source links for ya to show how i got to where i did

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... ng.628300/

https://www.purediablo.com/diablo-2/dia ... ea-levels/

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=40498016&f=21

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... d2.445559/

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... on.646687/
question for icecoldblood.
how many rolls is needed for
Baal
's gc to loose posibility to drop 45 health suffix?

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
brgljez wrote: 1 year ago
question for icecoldblood.
how many rolls is needed for
Baal
's gc to loose posibility to drop 45 health suffix?
it never can lose that ability

if ilvl >= 92, then alvl = ilvl * 2 - 99.

so this means if the item lvl is greater than 92 then the area lvl will equal the ilvl *2 - 99

and the only thing that can be greater than 92 is already ilvl 99 so it would go like this

alvl= 99 x 2
which is 198
then 198-99
which is 99
so 99=99
so the alvl will be 99
and charms alvls are the same as the ilvl so its a endless cycle of 99 rolls

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation