Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
52 replies   10763 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deleted User 632 0

Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Wouldn't that just be the worst of both worlds? People who hate rolling will hate boss fights. People who hate first come first serve looting will hate drops on the way to the boss. End result: Everyone hates it, those currently going solo due to free for all will still do so, those who would hate the roll would switch to solo because of it.
maybe. i was aiming at the best for both kinda mix. you normally don't need to fight much for loot except for on bosses. with the mix you get some fighting for loot. but still also have decent chance on loot from bosses and super unique monsters. for those who have bad ping or other issues that make it difficult to win anything at all.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Alternate idea (again, if that is to be changed/an option at all):
Make it a host decision. Just add an option to game creation to "roll for loot" that results in any sets, uniques, rares, runes, whatever triggering an automatic roll for everyone in the area (so long as they are not idle and not significantly below the area level aka just leeching/being rushed). Winner of the roll gets say 30 seconds to loot while the loot is dimmed for everyone else. After those 30 seconds, it becomes free for all (so loot doesn't just get wasted because the winner goes afk).
Add a filter to the game lobby at the same time so one can easily limit which games to join based on loot mechanics.
yeah that would be my preferred option too. this would be great. and maybe add reasons to team up for the other act bosses too. but if blizz can't even fix the in game chat.. probably not much hope for changes like this sadly.
imo loot generation in d2r is server-side. borderlands series does it client-side. that's why BL3 was early hacked and dead ATM. enabling personal loot will DRASTICALY increase server utilisation. this won't ever happen in d2r.

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.
I must confess I understahd grinding solo and prefer it myself. Why? First of all I had quite a few games on NM/early hell when people joined my game to kill bosses I couldn't reach yet. So my game got more difficult, I couldn't make certain quests and didn't get any help at all. Also I like doing all the quests (yes, even the ones in act3) and most people joining my game don't have that kind of patience...

Necrarch 1600Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The good news is that the topic dates back from months, so there are not so many people worried by the lack of players. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
subaridji wrote: 1 year ago
imo loot generation in d2r is server-side. borderlands series does it client-side. that's why BL3 was early hacked and dead ATM. enabling personal loot will DRASTICALY increase server utilisation. this won't ever happen in d2r.
Great point on server load. We’re talking about a corporation here. Even during simpler times in 1.09 I always thought they unofficially allowed bots and RMT websites since those people would buy lots of CD Keys to run their multis (officially allowed), and every now and then they’d do a ban wave, just forcing the botters to pay to keep the D2 servers alive basically.

How else can they keep supporting a game for decades without subscription income?
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
subaridji wrote: 1 year ago
Great point on server load. We’re talking about a corporation here. Even during simpler times in 1.09 I always thought they unofficially allowed bots and RMT websites since those people would buy lots of CD Keys to run their multis (officially allowed), and every now and then they’d do a ban wave, just forcing the botters to pay to keep the D2 servers alive basically.

How else can they keep supporting a game for decades without subscription income?
"unofficially"

No, sir. There were sanctioned by and led by Blizzard. The original pay to play. No one can convince me otherwise.
There would be far more players if people would stop the ninja looting. I have had countless people come into an area and then ninja loot the boss eg: diablo. One person came in punched the last seal tele to Diablo and stole the loot I was working for. Yeah. And if the greediness stopped as well. Everyone acts as if whatever they got is like gold eg: trading. I think this side of d2 is why I prefer the loot rules of D3. Just my rant and maybe 2 cents.
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
Even during simpler times in 1.09 I always thought they unofficially allowed bots and RMT websites since those people would buy lots of CD Keys to run their multis (officially allowed), and every now and then they’d do a ban wave, just forcing the botters to pay to keep the D2 servers alive basically.

Blizzard also behaves the same way in WOW, with regular but infrequent ban waves. Unlike D2, WOW has subscription but Kotick never discards additional income.
TheJiffiness wrote: 1 year ago
There would be far more players if people would stop the ninja looting. I have had countless people come into an area and then ninja loot the boss eg: diablo. One person came in punched the last seal tele to Diablo and stole the loot I was working for. Yeah. And if the greediness stopped as well. Everyone acts as if whatever they got is like gold eg: trading. I think this side of d2 is why I prefer the loot rules of D3. Just my rant and maybe 2 cents.
Just make a priv game & solo find. If your main goal is farming act bosses, they drop 1-6 items on a dice roll.

Named uniqs like Pindle..etc guarantees drops regardless of player count.

Countess works best on 1P.

etc.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Skaijuice wrote: 1 year ago
TheJiffiness wrote: 1 year ago
Just make a priv game & solo find. If your main goal is farming act bosses, they drop 1-6 items on a dice roll.

Named uniqs like Pindle..etc guarantees drops regardless of player count.

Countess works best on 1P.

etc.
That is not the point. You seemed to miss the point of player count completely.
^

Your post seem to imply player base dwindling because of ninja players coming into an area and taking your loot, no?

for nearly 2 decades this is not new. Players come & go and it's a wave everytime, each season.

It is up to blizz to implement more events to keep players because honestly...there are so many more games out there vying for attention.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
the only reason why d2 gets some love is to prepare people for d4, but i played D:I and i kow, d4 is dead for me already. Im sure, they gonna bring loot caps, xp caps, boring dungeon ( that you must farm 1000 times for the one set item, that you must have ) and im pretty sure the cash shop wont only be cosmetic
what is ninja looting in D2R ?
i mean, if you are in a multiplayer game and kill monsters together with other players, no one should loot what drops ?

Me personally almost never get any loot when im in a multiplayer game where we kill a boss, but without any rules everyone can just loot and i would not call that ninja looting

And i really dont like diablo 3's trade system where you cant trade most of the items, it was much better before they changed it imo.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...