Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   7215 views

Description

Does anyone know how long you have to be in an online game to "perm" it for muling?

I see 5 minutes mentioned for some classic D2 posts so assuming it should maybe be the same.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has started muling to store more stuff outside of the limited shared stash and how long they have been waiting before switching characters.

Sorry if I missed this in a guide somewhere -- did not come up in any results for forum search keyword for "perm".

Can be used to make Runewords:

Does anyone know how long you have to be in an online game to "perm" it for muling?

I see 5 minutes mentioned for some classic D2 posts so assuming it should maybe be the same.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has started muling to store more stuff outside of the limited shared stash and how long they have been waiting before switching characters.

Sorry if I missed this in a guide somewhere -- did not come up in any results for forum search keyword for "perm".

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
LockeDown wrote: 3 years ago
with the shared tabs there is zero reason to perm a game and risk losing items to xfer stuff.

To Xfer items quickly: ctrl click items into shared tab, ctrl click them into mules inventory, ctrl click into mules Personal Tab, repeat.

BillyMaysed wrote: 3 years ago
with the shared tabs there is zero reason to perm a game and risk losing items to xfer stuff.

To Xfer items quickly: ctrl click items into shared tab, ctrl click them into mules inventory, ctrl click into mules Personal Tab, repeat.
They know about the shared stash tabs, but they're asking about it because there's not enough room in those when transferring between mules. By late game, your tabs are in a constant state of juggling because trading takes time and you'll be finding valuable things if you're farming at a decent rate. Just dropping stuff on the Ground without having to rearrange a bunch of gear while you login with another character would be fairly convenient.

As for OP's post, I do not think it is possible to "perm" a session in D2R. I've been abruptly disconnected as well as randomly crashed during hour+ long sessions before and when I log back in within a few seconds, it's a new game.
OP

Well that makes too much sense :)

Thanks for the clarity.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
OP
bassomitron wrote: 3 years ago
They know about the shared stash tabs, but they're asking about it because there's not enough room in those when transferring between mules. By late game, your tabs are in a constant state of juggling because trading takes time and you'll be finding valuable things if you're farming at a decent rate. Just dropping stuff on the Ground without having to rearrange a bunch of gear while you login with another character would be fairly convenient.

As for OP's post, I do not think it is possible to "perm" a session in D2R. I've been abruptly disconnected as well as randomly crashed during hour+ long sessions before and when I log back in within a few seconds, it's a new game.
BillyMaysed is just saying there is no need to perm games since you can go from shared stash to mule stash. My brain just didn't pick up on that thinking we still had to drop to Ground when shared stash was full.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

Sorceress Americas PC
bassomitron wrote: 3 years ago
They know about the shared stash tabs, but they're asking about it because there's not enough room in those when transferring between mules
I wasn't trying to dismiss @LockeDown's point. i just didn't want my man to lose any items. That gives me PTSD from OG D2 just thinking about it.
Lost items xfering
Lost items xfering

Beardozer 457Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
The shared stash is so good. I don't miss finding public games and dropping items in a random corner of a random map to smuggle things to myself.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I don't know the answer for sure as to how long a game needs to stay open to perm. I know I've created games in the wrong difficulty and tried to recreate right away with the same name to be told the game already exists, but idk if it would have worked if I joined it. So maybe instantly? However, iirc, old b.net in D2 would do the same thing and it would have said "game doesn't exist" if you tried to join. Sorry probably not terribly helpful answer.
Unfortunately there is a 100% valid reason to still need to know the answer to this. If you are playing a classic character, there is no shared stash and you still need someone else in game or roll the dice on the game staying open if you leave solo.

Sorceress Americas PC
Noemard wrote: 3 years ago
If you are playing a classic character, there is no shared stash and you still need someone else in game or roll the dice on the game staying open if you leave solo.
ah, classic players. completely forgot! its such a shame they didn't give classic the stash upgrades. I saw TONS of people in the blizzard forums demanding this and confused why they didn't. I really hope this is changed in the future, having to perm games or trust other people with your gear is INSANE and shouldn't exist anymore.

I can kind of understand why classic doesn't have it. The limited stash forces you to make decisions and some people like that. However I feel like it could be an option when creating your classic character if you like it that way. I know I'd rather have the larger+shared stash on classic.

Sorceress Americas PC
Noemard wrote: 3 years ago
The limited stash forces you to make decisions and some people like that
Ya but couldn't they still keep the stash super small and add just ONE shared tab or something? ffs that gives me anxiety just thinking about xfering again lol.

So a question: How long does a permanent game exist?

Misanthropia#2220
I think perming a game is still useful for doing ubers. I've been doing uber service actively a while ago, and I have lost a total of 2 keysets due to being kicked out of the server after the portals were opened. After I queued in the game was no longer available to join. That is the main reason I'm doing way less uber services now. Would be nice to know a way to perm the game to prevent the game from disappearing from the server within ten minutes.

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.
In Legacy, they changed how games persist in recent years and it is now "perm" when you create it.

You could test it your own. Put a timer for set time, say 5 minutes and attempt to join when time is up. If game exists then increase by 1 min, if not then decrease by same amount.

I haven't had problems with it myself, after 1 minute cooldown I have been able to join game that I created and instantly left but would need some testing whether it is consistent or not.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation