Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   7369 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I regret making Infinity and respeccing my sorc to lightning. I had a blizz/firewall build prior and it worked great until the firewall nerf. Now it feels underwhelming and really hurt my clear speeds for CS and
Baal
I crafted my Infinity and switched to Light only to find that

- my mana (around 800) depletes VERY rapidly, leading to me sacrificing MF and Resist gear for +mana and regen.
-1/2 of the time my merc is acting stupid and I have to manage his position constantly to make sure I'm in range of his
Conviction
aura.
-Blizzard at least allows movement while dealing damage.
-Light immune enemies still soak up a good amount of damage.
-I can farm everything except
Ancient Tunnels
quicker, safer and with more MF using my Hdin.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
Crescent Moon rw adds -35 light resisst also another option
Being a light sorc myself... I cant stand full stam build on it... it just makes no sense to me at all. Go full intel spec into
Energy Shield
and telekenisis for the cost of a few points out of
Nova
or
Charged Bolt
... I also added one to thunderstorm.

Currently buffed with CTA I have 2.8k mana 800 life and no soj breaking 396 mf and 117fcr

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
I'll just raise another sorc, pure lightning one this time. Got a
Scythe
infi for her already to wield, perf viper skin, decent griffon, sojs, anni, etc. I'm eager to see how the girl will go - she's young so far, but grows 🙂
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
decent
I bought a non
Eth
infy for my sorc to try this. Please let me know how you enjoy it, very keen to hear feedback about it :)
Also what merc weapon do you go with? Insight?
Therion56 wrote: 2 years ago
I regret making Infinity and respeccing my sorc to lightning. I had a blizz/firewall build prior and it worked great until the firewall nerf. Now it feels underwhelming and really hurt my clear speeds for CS and
Baal

- my mana (around 800) depletes VERY rapidly, leading to me sacrificing MF and Resist gear for +mana and regen.
-1/2 of the time my merc is acting stupid and I have to manage his position constantly to make sure I'm in range of his
Conviction
aura.
Ancient Tunnels
Yea, have the same feelings. Very underwhelmed with an Infinity. I can kill way faster as a Hammerdin. Maybe I need to respec? Currently always running out of mana when using
Chain Lightning
/Blizzard with 800 mana.

So what would be a good build for sorcs with Inifinity? Like an immortal build with ES/
Telekinesis
along with
Chain Lightning
/
Nova
? Dump most points into Energy?
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Baal

Conviction
aura.
Ancient Tunnels
So what would be a good build for sorcs with Inifinity? Like an immortal build with ES/
Telekinesis
along with
Chain Lightning
/
Nova
I don't have anything to advise other than the good info shared by others in the thread. I think I'm just impartial to sorc gameplay in general after spending so much time with my Hdin.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
KennyMcLenny wrote: 2 years ago
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
decent
I bought a non
Eth
infy for my sorc to try this. Please let me know how you enjoy it, very keen to hear feedback about it :)
Also what merc weapon do you go with? Insight?
Sure, i'll share my opinion. 39lvl so far, grows fast - but can tell already this build isn't for hc - infi-wieldin sorc is rather a glass cannon. I have my doubts she'll fell comfortable without ES + max
Telekinesis
tho - and she'll also need high CtA + lidless/Splendor swap. No Spirit shield ofc - too much str investment.

Update: The girl is lvl 80 now, maxed charged
Bolts
, lightning,
Telekinesis
, and started to advance
Chain Lightning
. She doesn't even need to use lightning - jump in and obliterate everything with bolt shockwaves. But it costs a lot to obtain a decent gear tho - CoH, griffon, infi, 2x sojs, arach
Belt
, skillers, torch+anni ofc... Still, absolutely no problems so far - the only rare exceptions are dual phys/lightning immunes resistant to
Conviction
- everything else melts in no time. Started to love this sorc 🙂

Update 2: girl hit lvl 90, and keeps sweepin and farmin. Perhaps I can play around and try maxin
Thunder Storm
instead of
Chain Lightning
. Or diversify her into
Charged Bolt
+ Lightning +
Fire Wall
(or
Frozen Orb
- why not?) Now tryin to sell my infy-
Scythe
to reroll with
Halberd
- she'll look even more awesome, imo 🙂
And yeah - forgot to mention earlier. Merc ofc wields a decent Insight (mine's good-rolled
Eth
gpa), andy
Mask
and Fortitude. Kills all LI's except dual LI/PI - i just ignore such uniques. Absolutely no mana problems (assumin 2xsojs), and with maxed
Telekinesis
, my
Energy Shield
keeps me safe even when dolls explode (but not recommended under amplify).
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Baal

Conviction
aura.
Ancient Tunnels
Yea, have the same feelings. Very underwhelmed with an Infinity. I can kill way faster as a Hammerdin. Maybe I need to respec? Currently always running out of mana when using
Chain Lightning
/Blizzard with 800 mana.

Telekinesis
along with
Chain Lightning
/
Nova
This: https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/lightning-sorceress

If you use
Chain Lightning
all the time, you will burn your mana quickly. Skip the Blizzard, go full Lightning. Primary dmg source is Lightning,
Chain Lightning
to roast spread out monsters. Super fast and easy.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...