Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1848 views

Description

So I was finally able to reach Act 5 normal yesterday. May not seem a big deal to many, but with my build and medical issues it's a miracle. I am a
Nova
sorceress, but I plan to respec at 35 then go to nm.

My problem is I wanted to be an orb,
Hydra
sorceress. After I grab a Spirit sword in normal cows and hit level 35.

How should I spend my points? I was thinking 10 in orb and
Hydra
, 1 skill for both cold and fire masteries, 1 skill for the prerequisites, skills for
Teleport
, and the few left to either go to
Static Field
or the synergies.

What do you think?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I was finally able to reach Act 5 normal yesterday. May not seem a big deal to many, but with my build and medical issues it's a miracle. I am a
Nova
sorceress, but I plan to respec at 35 then go to nm.

My problem is I wanted to be an orb,
Hydra
sorceress. After I grab a Spirit sword in normal cows and hit level 35.

How should I spend my points? I was thinking 10 in orb and
Hydra
, 1 skill for both cold and fire masteries, 1 skill for the prerequisites, skills for
Teleport
, and the few left to either go to
Static Field
or the synergies.

What do you think?

Schnorki 3181Moderator

PC
Personally, I wouldn't split them at that point.

You're looking at late normal to nightmare at that level and won't really have to deal with immunities much yet, if at all. As a result, one element is fine and you're better of focusing fully either on orb or
Hydra
to get started. Then once you level up and get one capped, you can still add in the other later on to deal with immunities in hell.

That having been said, neither one actually needs the second element to be successful all the way through hell though in some cases you will then be reliant on your merc to help out.

Orb is a bit more involved as you need to position yourself correctly and actually aim if you want the damage to reach its full potential.
Hydra
is basically the lazy man's sorc as you just drop them and stroll in circles while they work their magic.
Static never hurts though that spell is a one point wonder so don't bother putting multiple into it.
Teleport
should be obvious. :)

If you go orb, just
Cap
orb asap. The synergy is cute and all but not worth it if you're looking at a second element. You're then better off pushing the synergies for that instead.
Cold Mastery
is a massive push though. But for that one, do keep in mind that you can't drop resistances any lower than -100 so until you get to places with actual cold resist, level 17 is all you'll need in that to drop 0 res enemies down to -100. That's 17 with skill from gear not 17 hard points.

Hydra
should be self explanatory. Just get
Fire Mastery
alongside it and
Cap
the synergies. Done.
OP
I understand and agree with what your saying, but I have yet to farm nm countess which is fire immune to make the Insight,Spirit, and Lore. I also need to start a Treachery, but I'm not sure i want. This was going to be the normal respec, who knows how many levels I'll gain just playing the game. Since theres no one i can play with, i have to solo everything.
Epilepticgamer wrote: 1 year ago
I understand and agree with what your saying, but I have yet to farm nm countess which is fire immure to make the Insight i want. This was going to be the normal respec, who knows how many levels I'll gain just playing the game. Since theres no one i can play with, i have to solo everything.
you shouldn't have to farm nightmare countess for Insight runes. the highest rune it requires is a
Sol
, which you could reasonably cube up to even from normal countess runes if you're unable to find one elsewhere.
Frozen Orb
sorc is a walk in the park at least until hell. (And it's still rather easy in hell, you just have to tele past whatever's immune cold).

So I'd definitely recommend going full
Frozen Orb
at the moment, and just put the points in
Hydra
if you want it later on.

You won't even have to respect, just put the rest of the points in;

Say, 20
Frozen Orb
, 20
Cold Mastery
, 5 prerequisite, and 3 for
Teleport
/
Static Field
. That's 48.

If you want full
Hydra
/
Fire Mastery
, that's another 44 points.

So 92 skills total.
Completing norm and nightmare gives you 8 skills, so you'd need to be level 85. 85 is rather easy to get (that's the point where leveling gets a little longer).
And by the time you get it, you'll have your 2 main skill and 2 masteries capped, plus the utility skills.

Doing it the other way (splitting points) will likely end up with you always using the same 1 skill, for a long time. So the other points will be wasted.
OP
I wanted to be both because I wanted to farm bosses and trade. I still need to get to hell cows to find a
Monarch
for Spirit. My hope is to make Heart of the Oak, Chains of Honor, Call To Arms, and a Grief. I forgot the armor the merc was supposed to wear while using Grief. And I dont think a pure
Hydra
can do uber's or d clone.
I personally dont like duo elemental build but i can tell you going pure blizzard build is the best way because of its kill speed with little gear. Blizzard can do Hell cows, meph, andy, Chaos with a decent merc, Stony tomb (A2) dont sleep on that best place to level up//mf low level,
Ancient Tunnels
. I feel double element build require a bit of +skill to be efficient.
Epilepticgamer wrote: 1 year ago
I wanted to be both because I wanted to farm bosses and trade. I still need to get to hell cows to find a
Monarch
for Spirit. My hope is to make Heart of the Oak, Chains of Honor, Call To Arms, and a Grief. I forgot the armor the merc was supposed to wear while using Grief. And I dont think a pure
Hydra
can do uber's or d clone.
Dclone is somehow okay but you can't do Ubers with a Sorc. It's near impossible. You need a Smiter or summon Necro (with okay gear and reliable merc) to do that.

For your first question, I have a hydrorb Sorc and I tell you that orb is really powerful skill. I just completed all
Hydra
requirements and finally 1 point toorb and enough to CM. You can go with
Hydra
till hell I believe and then check it out accordingly.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
The armor you're asking is Fortitude I guess.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
so a couple things. i know you're looking at
Hydra
/orb. I'm personally a big fan of light/orb, though it does take some time to get going. I tried
Hydra
orb, but gave up on it specifically so I could farm hell countess for keys. The lightning takes care of her in moments.

Also, and I offer this knowing that there's a decent chance based on your post that you won't want it, because grinding for items and the feeling of achievemnt when you get them is really what we are all here for. However, if you want, you can probably find someone to help you out. I won't be able to tonight...it's time to get some sleep, but if you want, add me and I can donate a few items to the cause (specifically,
Monarch
/Spirit runes).
I am often playing on switch and would be happy to help get you through some of the tougher spots as well.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
orb/
Hydra
sounds pretty fun. i took my blizz/ball sorc all the way to 94 on ps4 pretty easily. youre able to clear every mob since u also have static to help ur merc with those fire/cold immunes. u r definitely fine splitting points.

lv 98 mostly solo online lol. now a fully equipped lightning sorc tho. 40 life skillers and all
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/7n0106cr

Here's my build. The nice thing is that you can do pure fire until much later. I always focus on fire tree exclusively until I get to Nightmare. You can also build this spec with zero respec from level 1.

Also, this is a very safe and slow playstyle. You cast
Hydra
's at the Edge of the screen and when they stop puking fire, you move forward. Pair this playstyle up with an Act 2
Holy Freeze
merc, and you should be golden.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...