Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   7456 views

Description

So, which one to use? I currently have Infinity equipped and it works great with
Corpse Explosion
, but I'm thinking that maybe I should build Obedience for that high DPS so I can get the first monster kill that much faster? Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone have experience with both?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, which one to use? I currently have Infinity equipped and it works great with
Corpse Explosion
, but I'm thinking that maybe I should build Obedience for that high DPS so I can get the first monster kill that much faster? Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone have experience with both?

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
Well, compared to infi, Obedience is almost free to obtain 🙂 can even provide you with
Eth
5os
Thresher
for the cause. Yes, high damage - but i personally doubt Obedience will satisfy. Imo, it is an option until you got that good old infi - but hardly after. Only one way to make sure - tryin and testin it.
Obedience was a game-changer for my fishymancer (summons and
Corpse Explosion
). The damage over Insight is really noticeable, and if you're considering it for CE then you want it for the right reasons! I paired mine with Treachery for even more dps :)

You will of course miss the unlimited mana, but if you're judicious with CE then you can make do with mana potions.
Do you struggle to get that first kill?

High DPS doesn't come just from raw weapon damage. Crushing blow, ias, auras, curses etc can increase it greatly. Reaper's Toll can increase it's damage up to 50% when
Decrepify
procs, also keeps monsters at bay.

Problem with Obedience is it might shatter bodies with its cold damage.

Overall, I don't think much difference is to be made. After that one kill, you'll have plenty of bodies.
OP
Thanks for the replies, not sure that we're on the same page here. I already have Infinity on the Merc. So the question is whether a higher DPS weapon like the Obedience (or
The Reaper's Toll
) is actually worth it. The more I play though, the more it seems the question is moot. Since the Infinity Merc can actually break pretty much any immunity by himself, so the extra DPS on the other weapons would seem to throw away this awesome feature.
Both Obedience and Reaper's Toll add cold damage. This will cause monsters to occasionally shatter, making them unavailable for CE or summons. For this reason I would (and do) prefer to use Infinity.
What about Pride and its
Concentration
aura? Not worth it for a summoner?

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Yeah Pride could be a very interesting choice. Expensive to try out though :) Has anyone tried it?
OP
Ok, just read a bit about how the auras work.

Sems like that's a nope. Infinity all the way.
Conviction
at lvl12 is far better at amplifying the damage of your minions than the Pride
Concentration
Aura at lvl20. Plus it has the added benefit of naturally breaking some immunities, well most immunities to be fair :)
Forgot to mention the crushing blow on Obedience, which really helps vs. bosses. Especially when paired with Treachery :)

I found the cold damage/iceblock issue to be very minor, most enemies still seem to die the ol' fashioned way.

Although if OP is looking at Pride/Infinity then I think that's a few tiers above Insight/Obedience (I mean how many
Ber
runes ya got anyway?)...
Give your merc Obedience and use a normal polearm Insight to raise an
Iron Golem
. You should have max
Golem Mastery
, if you want to go this route.
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
What about Pride and its
Concentration
aura? Not worth it for a summoner?
Pride might be even worse than Obedience as it has
Cham
in it and it FREEZES the target. However I'm not rich enough to show any 1st hand experience on if its bad or a coinflip depending on
The Summoner
's preference.

Durok 11

PC
Pride badically does no dmg at all, at least feels that way.
Pride is only good for the aura, mainly bowazons who kill before the merc even reaches an enemy.
even for my bowa i use Infinity evrn though the aura does nothing, but Infinity smacks bosses, cb is nice.
What about a Barbarian? I feel like having a Might merc with
Concentration
might be worth having despite him becoming just a moving buff.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Durok 11

PC
dont know about barb, but on my bowazon i didnt even feel any difference in dmg when using Pride.
maybe better on higher player count but then i guess bowa or barb is trash anyways

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...