Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2314 views

Description

Got caught in Hell Tunnels, one of those little stupid passages which are hell for any summoner. I moved in expecting my army to follow but the enemy came in to fast, in a second I was trapped on both sides. Popped a town portal, but it appeared a couple of feet from me (as they do) and I was 100% pinned somehow.

ASs I frantically popped full rejuvs trying to reach the portal ... I could have teleported back instead. I could have. But in that split second I did not and paid for that with my life.

Ah, bingo. Lesson learned. TPs do not spawn in reach. Who new.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Got caught in Hell Tunnels, one of those little stupid passages which are hell for any summoner. I moved in expecting my army to follow but the enemy came in to fast, in a second I was trapped on both sides. Popped a town portal, but it appeared a couple of feet from me (as they do) and I was 100% pinned somehow.

ASs I frantically popped full rejuvs trying to reach the portal ... I could have teleported back instead. I could have. But in that split second I did not and paid for that with my life.

Ah, bingo. Lesson learned. TPs do not spawn in reach. Who new.
My condolences. And you're much braver than I am to play in HC.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
OP
It does seem masochistic at moments like these, but the addiction to risk is too strong.
OP
That said, it was my fault and preventable. If it was a bug or a DC or something I had no control over, that would be different. As it stands, I got weirdly trapped and zigged instead of zagging, as I should have.

So, it's a massive bummer, but it is also exactly what I signed up for.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
Can't you just threaten to slap yourself for dying and enjoy the risk of bruising?

Check out my almost FREE trade here: trade/and-id-items-for-gems-t1211594.html

NL - SC - PC

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
that sounds ouch. I thought Enigma can save you from anything. or you didn't have?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
I respect those that run HC, but I couldn't personally. The liability and risk to time cost is too great for me. It already hurts enough when I lose exp and gold in SC. So far in my experience in hell, the ones that really get at my summon necro are packs of archers (+ enclosed spaces), they often end up sniping me before I know what's going on and my skellies are often lagging behind unable to provide meatshielding.
OP
I am an HC player, having Enigma is like getting a genuine unicorn for Christmas. lol, meaning it is a Dream. It certainly would have been bacon saving, yes. As it stands, I just had a backup TP staff on my swap, which if I had been faster, between pumping pots, I might have been able to use, as I mentioned.

I did, however, have a Spirit Shield, White
Wand
, Lore, 2 pieces of Trang-Oul's and other nice things, which I was sorry to lose.
OP
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
I respect those that run HC, but I couldn't personally. The liability and risk to time cost is too great for me. It already hurts enough when I lose exp and gold in SC. So far in my experience in hell, the ones that really get at my summon necro are packs of archers (+ enclosed spaces), they often end up sniping me before I know what's going on and my skellies are often lagging behind unable to provide meatshielding.
That was the problem. I was trying to kill
Radament
, but his chamber was through one of those incredibly narrow passages which punishes summoners outrageously (honestly, that combined with the crap pathing and the poofing of minions is one of the few gripes I have with D2). So, my team was bottlenecked and hell
Radament
can resurrect his minions literally forever. I was trying to get traction and it was a risky, impatient move. What I should have done was pull back ... draws them out slowly, blow up a bunch of bodies, then push in, this time TPing my whole team, dropping back behind a
Bone Wall
while they deploy. That would have worked fine.

Hindsight. The transition to hell is always a bit tough and while I was trying to be cautious, I was clearly not cautious enough.

With regard to the other comments, about the time and the pain of it, I get that. And I get the appeal of softcore. However, I have already rerolled my new Necro and mapped his skill progression here and honestly, it is a good feeling. Bouncing back, taking the hit, learning and moving forward. It's liberating in a strange way.

That my chickens came home to roost does not bother me, fundamentally, that's what chickens do. ;) You soldier on. That's the HC deal.
OP
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The excitement! My new necro, lvl 11 now, just found a
Lenymo
Sash
! Wow, my first ever.

Reduces the sting considerably!

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
hang on @Inethil

how is D2R b.net on HC? do you see games at all in the lobby? or is everyone soloing meticulously? to not die?
I would go HC once i feel my gripe of the game and skills is solid. I think i can do it with a few...but I'm scared... lol..
also- do you get the same slots for chars as b.net? so if you hit softcore max char limit you can do a hardcore one? its got to be combined?
and also-I'm guessing you can't access your "softcore" stash?

HC is for people, who get satisfied by suffering torments.

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Could Esc + Exit game or Alt+F4 have saved your character?
RiP. I have saved myself a couple of times with Esc + Exit (softcore) however i am not entirely sure what alt + F4 would do( if the character would leave the game immediately)

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
I have to say after reading this, its becoming more interesting to play HC:

"The shared stash tab has special meaning to Hardcore characters: you can preserve some items even if your character dies. In original Diablo II, when your Hardcore character died, it not only wiped out everything on the character, but also everything in that character's stash. Diablo II: Resurrected has added Shared Stash tabs to both Hardcore and regular play modes. Now, if your Hardcore character dies, any gold or gear stored in the character's Personal stash tab will be wiped out, but anything in the Hardcore Shared stash tab will be preserved. If you roll up another Hardcore character, that character will be able to access anything in the Shared tabs."

question is if you can sell items of hardcore, or its a separate game?

rikus wrote: 2 years ago
I have to say after reading this, its becoming more interesting to play HC:

"The shared stash tab has special meaning to Hardcore characters: you can preserve some items even if your character dies. In original Diablo II, when your Hardcore character died, it not only wiped out everything on the character, but also everything in that character's stash. Diablo II: Resurrected has added Shared Stash tabs to both Hardcore and regular play modes. Now, if your Hardcore character dies, any gold or gear stored in the character's Personal stash tab will be wiped out, but anything in the Hardcore Shared stash tab will be preserved. If you roll up another Hardcore character, that character will be able to access anything in the Shared tabs."

question is if you can sell items of hardcore, or its a separate game?
You mean selling from HC to SC? No that doesn't work.
OP
First, it's not masochism, not looking to die here. I want to retire my chars at 99 with a sense of accomplishment.

The other questions, HC can only trade with HC, which is why I laughed when someone mentioned Enigma. The Market is much smaller and less liquid. That said, in every other respect it operates just like SC.

Your HC Stash is for HC chars, would not be fair otherwise.

Finally, in answer to the Esc+F4 question - in the space of time it might take me to think of/ do that I could simply have teleported. I have never been in a situation as HC where a modification of my tactics would not have saved me, noi gimmicks needed. Not in all the years playing. In both D3 and D3, always HC, I have lost only about ten chars - and I've rolled a couple of hundred (altoholic).

@Rikus, yes you do. I always solo because of the threat of PK. Yup, only trust friends, however it is the same system.
OP
Let me add one thing. I have a shared stash and 4 mules. Partly this is because I am obsessively organized, but partly this is because I am HC.

I feel like most SC characters will not save excellent finds when they level out of them, but for HC something valuable to the journey you always keep. So my gear collection is pretty extensive.

And with that in mind, you never really start fresh once you have had a few HC chars. I start with a page of charms, rings, amulets, old completed Runewords, etc. I start with another char dropping off a
Horadric Cube
in my opening game, etc. With that in mind its not as painful as it might otherwise be.
OP
For those unaware, the
Horadric Cube
is not unique. If you are lacking one, you can just grab a new one from the Halls of the Dead anytime, especially with that convenient
Halls of the Dead Level 2
Waypoint. So I drop them off my Sorc main, then get another in about 1-2 minutes (she is lvl 63, so easy).
As a serial summoner I feel you on the tunnels (and the poofing... ugh). One albeit risky tactic I have become fond of is teleporting into harms way so that all the summons follow instantly.

It's a situational game-changer!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...