Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   4962 views

Description

Im still REALLY new to the game and I just found my first
Um
rune. I noticed a few Oculus' for trade and Im not sure if I should get one or stay with my Spirit sword. Im currently running Spirit sword/shield since thats all I have to use. Would it be smart to stay with what Im wearing or trade for
The Oculus
?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Um
rune. I noticed a few Oculus' for trade and Im not sure if I should get one or stay with my Spirit sword. Im currently running Spirit sword/shield since thats all I have to use. Would it be smart to stay with what Im wearing or trade for
The Oculus
?
For a Sorc, +skills and +faster cast rate is what to look for. The occy also has great bonuses to health and mana. So I would say go with the occy if you can afford it.

Xbox gamertag: Gorcka
BattleTag: Gorcka#1126

(Please Note: when trading pgems with me, I include pskulls)
Occy can be a little wierd with the
Teleport
, but it's worth it for skills and mf. Especially if it's your first character, I'd get it, since the early mf will help.
Ocu could have been the best weapon for a sorс, if not the autoteleport. Better than ocu is HOTO, but there is no MF and need a
Vex
go with the occ. the
Teleport
on hit isnt that bad if you are soft core. Ive had it kill me and ive had it save me. but in general you shouldnt be getting hit at all.
Personally am running full tals and running
Frozen Orb
/Firewall.

I am doing amazing
I think you should look at what part of your gear needs to be upgraded.

Personally, I think Occy is much better than Spirit. But there is another piece of gear that is weaker, you may want to upgrade that first.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
Personally I wouldn't touch that crap especially if you're at a lower level with bad gear. It will piss you off more than it will help.

Might get a
Harlequin Crest
for that
Um
if you can add something. Saving up for a lowish
Hellfire Torch
is an option too, got mine for 2
Gul
. Almost every other option is better for you right now imo.
OP
So right now Im running a
Harlequin Crest
, Spirit sword, Spirit shield, Smoke body *819 def* and a
Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
just for the MF and a
Nagelring
. The gloves,
Boots
, ammy and other ring arent that great. I can't afford the high end stuff yet but could probably afford some minor upgrades. Im just not sure which to go for. Oh and thanks for all the reply's I really appreciate the help!
Dusty13B wrote: 2 years ago
Harlequin Crest
just for the MF and a
Nagelring
. The gloves,
Boots
, ammy and other ring arent that great. I can't afford the high end stuff yet but could probably afford some minor upgrades. Im just not sure which to go for. Oh and thanks for all the reply's I really appreciate the help!
Stay with Spirit. +1 skills from occy is nice Spirit is too damn strong and effective for it's cost. You also get 55fhr(yes, it is very important...) which is a lot of itemization budgeting. You need 86%fhr for the final attainable breakpoint, 42% and 60% for the others, all made super attainable by Spirit. Also 110~ mana is amazing early on, not to mention having more fcr than occy.

Personally, Spirit is bis until you can afford hoto and even then it's a toss up based on if you need +1/res vs fhr/mana, but obviously hoto is favored.

I would spend that
Um
on a decent vipermagi, it's a huge upgrade over Smoke or Stealth and is bis until you can afford Chains of Honor(or skulders depending if you're going full MF sellout). The res, +1 and fcr is too strong a combo and opens up lots of itemization options.

Another strong option is to find some
Chance Guards

I think saving for a low sorc torch is a little out of reach atm. Two
Gul
, if you can find one at that price, is three
Ist
or 6
Mal
or 12
Um
; far more than you have atm. Keep mfing.

Nevermore#1558 add me for trades

OP
iNevermore wrote: 2 years ago
Harlequin Crest
just for the MF and a
Nagelring
. The gloves,
Boots
Stay with Spirit. +1 skills from occy is nice Spirit is too damn strong and effective for it's cost. You also get 55fhr(yes, it is very important...) which is a lot of itemization budgeting. You need 86%fhr for the final attainable breakpoint, 42% and 60% for the others, all made super attainable by Spirit. Also 110~ mana is amazing early on, not to mention having more fcr than occy.

Personally, Spirit is bis until you can afford hoto and even then it's a toss up based on if you need +1/res vs fhr/mana, but obviously hoto is favored.

I would spend that
Um
on a decent vipermagi, it's a huge upgrade over Smoke or Stealth and is bis until you can afford Chains of Honor(or skulders depending if you're going full MF sellout). The res, +1 and fcr is too strong a combo and opens up lots of itemization options.

Another strong option is to find some
Chance Guards

I think saving for a low sorc torch is a little out of reach atm. Two
Gul
, if you can find one at that price, is three
Ist
or 6
Mal
or 12
Um
; far more than you have atm. Keep mfing.
Thanks for the in depth response. Ill definitely start looking into upgrading my body armor next and hold on to the Spirit. Thanks again.
Um
The Oculus
?
There's not actually a lot of valuable sorceress equipment choice you can get for a
Um
, you might want to get a high roll
Skin of the Vipermagi
, but if you can trade an Occy it's probably the best thing you can get.
It provides pretty much everything a sorc needs, +3 skills, 30%fcr, life, mana, defense, 50% magic find which is a great boost, 20% to all res.
It's overall a solid upgrade over Spirit sword and personally I don't think there's anything better besides
Tal
weapon if paired with full set or Hoto, which is more expensive and doesn't provide mf anyway, increasing your mf is also an investment for the future, allowing you to find better gear while farming in hell.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I would say both
The Oculus
and
Skin of the Vipermagi
are solid choices.

The main advantage of
The Oculus
is the 50% MF on top of its good stats. If you like farming low danger L85 areas and feel like you are in a good place in term of killing speed/survivability but you want better drops this is the way to go. Keep in mind MF doesn't affect rune drop through.

Depending on your Spirit rolls, a 10% fcr ring on top of
Skin of the Vipermagi
might be all you need to get over the 105% fcr breakpoint. You'll
Teleport
faster and have an easier time escaping dangerous situations. With the resists, +1 skills and possibility to add a socket, it's a very good (and cheap) armor for caster in general. Main drawback is, you'll feel like a slug if you change your stuff and go back to the 63% fcr breakpoint :D

It ultimately comes down to your preferences and what you plan to do with your character.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...