Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1423 views

Description

I was just curious to get a feel from the community what everyone's take on low runes is.
Specifically, I'm talking about
El
through
Dol
, excluding those commonly used for crafting like
Tal
Ral
Nef
Sol
, &
Thul

What do you do with them? Do you pick them up? Do you cube them up to crafting runes?
TIA for the Insight!
Description by antithesis32

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was just curious to get a feel from the community what everyone's take on low runes is.
Specifically, I'm talking about
El
through
Dol
, excluding those commonly used for crafting like
Tal
Ral
Nef
Sol
, &
Thul

What do you do with them? Do you pick them up? Do you cube them up to crafting runes?
TIA for the Insight!

Prefer to deal in runes (
Pul
and above), keys, or perfect amethysts. Feel free to add me on bnet or discord about trades.
If I don't reply with 30 minutes, I'm not at my PC and will do so as soon as I'm back-- but I'm usually much quicker than that.
I keep re-rolling my Unbending Will swords until they have perfect ED

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
I have 3 of all of the low runes (<=
Fal
) in reserve, just in case I ever wanna use them for some random experiment.
3 because that's just how the stash space worked out.

Beyond that, I don't bother picking them up.

Sure, you could cube them up but honestly, the time it takes to grab all of those, sort them out, cube them up and whatnot...by the time you finally manage to cube an
Ist
or something, you wasted so much time on collecting and cubing alone that you could've just farmed an
Ohm
worth of other stuff instead.

Used to keep the Spirit and Insight ones for endless rerolling but eventually got tired of that. ^^
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 1 year ago
I keep re-rolling my Unbending Will swords until they have perfect ED
this is a good idea, that runeword is a pretty solid sink

Pul
and above), keys, or perfect amethysts. Feel free to add me on bnet or discord about trades.
If I don't reply with 30 minutes, I'm not at my PC and will do so as soon as I'm back-- but I'm usually much quicker than that.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
I have 3 of all of the low runes (<=
Fal
) in reserve, just in case I ever wanna use them for some random experiment.
3 because that's just how the stash space worked out.

Beyond that, I don't bother picking them up.

Sure, you could cube them up but honestly, the time it takes to grab all of those, sort them out, cube them up and whatnot...by the time you finally manage to cube an
Ist
or something, you wasted so much time on collecting and cubing alone that you could've just farmed an
Ohm
worth of other stuff instead.

Used to keep the Spirit and Insight ones for endless rerolling but eventually got tired of that. ^^
you make a good point. i once spent hours cubing up like 10 mules worth of runes and ended up at the end of the day with a
Pul
lol

Pul
I used to cube the low runes. nowadays I don't pick up anything below
Dol
something.
I have two mules full of
Thul
and above. it's way too much :/

I know picking up low runes and gems are widely considered a waste of time but I do it anyways. I enjoy it and there's something I find therapeutic about it.

Now even then I have my limits; can't say I pick up
Eth
Eld
or
El
range but
Tal
Ral
sure

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through Battle.net if you're interested in one of my items, especially if I don't respond immediately to a thread I've posted.
I pick them all up, cube the bad ones, sell the good ones (
Ral
etc..)

Is it a good time investment (compared to just cubing less/farming more)? Probably not... But I don't really mind not being efficient. I think it's more fun to always have at least a little something from your run.

If you don't pick bad runes, flawless gems and things like that, you can literally play for hours and not find even 1 thing you'll keep/sell. And that's depressing.
So at least this way I have a little something.
OP
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
I pick them all up, cube the bad ones, sell the good ones (
Ral
etc..)

Is it a good time investment (compared to just cubing less/farming more)? Probably not... But I don't really mind not being efficient. I think it's more fun to always have at least a little something from your run.

If you don't pick bad runes, flawless gems and things like that, you can literally play for hours and not find even 1 thing you'll keep/sell. And that's depressing.
So at least this way I have a little something.
I know what you mean, even when I stopped picking up magic rings and amulets (i gave up on the perfect mf roll Dream), i noticed a dramatic change in how frequently i had to stop to manage my inventory. still, managing trying to wring value out of picking them up is extremely time consuming. i feel conflicted lol

Pul
OP
SpaghettiTornado wrote: 1 year ago
I know picking up low runes and gems are widely considered a waste of time but I do it anyways. I enjoy it and there's something I find therapeutic about it.

Now even then I have my limits; can't say I pick up
Eth
Eld
or
El
range but
Tal
Ral
sure
i guess that's what makes this topic interesting to me.

sure, a
Tal
has value, but if an
Ith
is 1/3 a
Tal
, then it has value, too.
fascinating the variance in where everyone draws their own line, imo

Pul
I've only just stopped pickup up gems below flawless... (except chipped emeralds, which I use to cube dols into hels)

but I'm still picking up all the runes and cubing them up to something useful. I could be more selective since
El
and
Eth
are only worth 1/9 of anything, but they only take up 2 slots max in my rune/gem/jewel stash tab until I find a 3rd to cube.

I probably don't have much I can do with all the
Shael
and
Io

But trading away crafting reagents has brought me a ton of value, maybe 1/2 of all that I've collected total so far, and this has been a meaningful portion of it.
OP
Optar wrote: 1 year ago
I've only just stopped pickup up gems below flawless... (except chipped emeralds, which I use to cube dols into hels)

but I'm still picking up all the runes and cubing them up to something useful. I could be more selective since
El
and
Eth
are only worth 1/9 of anything, but they only take up 2 slots max in my rune/gem/jewel stash tab until I find a 3rd to cube.

I probably don't have much I can do with all the
Shael
and
Io

But trading away crafting reagents has brought me a ton of value, maybe 1/2 of all that I've collected total so far, and this has been a meaningful portion of it.
do you find regular buyers to funnel this stuff to or just post here when your tab is full on gems / low runes?

Pul
A little bit of both. I tend to be pretty impatient when I am running out of stash space so I look for WTB threads that are active. Most recent big trade was from mr llama's discord, though I've had plenty here, too. Returns get better the more you have but I tend to let go of stuff at around 40 count for Jewels/PGems and 20 for Rals/Amethysts/Other.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...