Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   9850 views

Very low online on Battle.net? Is Diablo dying already?

No data yet

Description

I have heard that Diablo lost lots of it's online players, but didn't really realise it until yesterday. Yesterday evening I became a host for baalruns. Wanted to up my sorc from 94 to 95 lvl. Even a week before when I started open runs, when the game was 03 or 04 it was usually full of people. Yesterday I made 20 runs with only 10 of them with some paladin 91 lvl. There was also one run, when there were 4 players in game, but they didn't join the next run. That looks very sad.

Just interesting how many players are there on EU. Seems all those who trade on this forum at least. But the inability to get the full party for the runs really disappoints now :(
Description by zeleboba

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have heard that Diablo lost lots of it's online players, but didn't really realise it until yesterday. Yesterday evening I became a host for baalruns. Wanted to up my sorc from 94 to 95 lvl. Even a week before when I started open runs, when the game was 03 or 04 it was usually full of people. Yesterday I made 20 runs with only 10 of them with some paladin 91 lvl. There was also one run, when there were 4 players in game, but they didn't join the next run. That looks very sad.

Just interesting how many players are there on EU. Seems all those who trade on this forum at least. But the inability to get the full party for the runs really disappoints now :(
I'm not playing less than two weeks ago, but now I really only do solo mf runs compared to joining public games. I wonder how many people did that switch, too.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP i can really relate to this :( Same szenario yesterday evening with my Sorc... But i think, that on the weekends we are good.

For my trades I expect
Lem
as lowest rune. Otherwise please offer
Perfect Gems
Feel free to make an offer. All prices are negotiable, but BIN (Buy It Now) always wins!
TZ: UTC+1
Please don't PM me or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Yesterday had very low player count because I didnt had any penoulty on my naghtmare
Andariel
runs, it happened few times since release I actualy like these occasions because I can make some quick 30sek runs :D

zeleboba wrote: 2 years ago

Have you heard about recent PD2 season start? Almost every Diablo2 twitch streamer have switched to it, so is their audience. Not surprising that D2R feels abandoned.
OP
Putin wrote: 2 years ago
Have you heard about recent PD2 season start? Almost every Diablo2 twitch streamer have switched to it, so is their audience. Not surprising that D2R feels abandoned.
Didn't know about it. Thanks for the explanation.

But for me Resurrected now looks still more interesting. I'll keep playing :)
Putin wrote: 2 years ago
zeleboba wrote: 2 years ago

Didn't know about PD2! Just watched some videos and it would be nice to see some of these changes brought to d2r. But I guess that will never happen. Kinda sucks that
Zod
and
Cham
are worth ****. I wouldn't mind some new juicy runewords.
what is even pd2 ? o.O
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I do a whole lot of solo play in private games.

I enjoy the leisure of MFing at my own pace, whether it's fast or full clears.

Judging by the amount of users on this site, I'd say the game is probably still doing fine. Just a lot of people who can't stand how awful the matchmaking/lobby is for filtering & finding games. Couple that with an uncertain play schedule (children,workfromhome, etc), a lot of people are opting for solo bnet play.
Try leveling a new char. Can spend forever finding trist or tomb runs nowadays.

There's still
Baal
/Chaos runs all the time from what I can see, the crap game lobby just makes it hard to find games that aren't hours old.
OP
kevdrogo wrote: 2 years ago
Try leveling a new char. Can spend forever finding trist or tomb runs nowadays.

There's still
Baal
/Chaos runs all the time from what I can see, the crap game lobby just makes it hard to find games that aren't hours old.
You are lucky to see
Baal
games today. I saw them several weeks ago. And now only see games with 1-3 people. And leveling character which is 92+ lvl is extremly slow when playin alone :(
Desdanova wrote: 2 years ago
what is even pd2 ? o.O
I'm guessing https://www.projectdiablo2.com/.

Popular opinion; it's these incredible longtime D2 community game variants that make me very disappointed that open battle.net got snipped before launch...
No wonder no one joined my Hell A2 Start game... took me about 2 hours to finish hell solo (one of the only times I built the
Flail
) did all the quests. :|
I haven’t been on in weeks due to burn out. Maybe I’ll play again, or maybe not.

Durok 11

PC
Leveling in non ladder isn't very appealing to a lot of people. Getting max level kinda feels pointless.
Many people aren't interested in hitting high lvls anyways and getting to lvl 90 is quite easy by just mfing the standard areas.

Cannot remember the last time I did
Baal
runs honestly.

Ladder will see more activity for that I would guess

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...