Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   8072 views

Description

Hi!
I have a feeling that the drop chance for keys is much lower during peak hours. I have reasently done 30 runs of bought Nitlac and Summoner and just got 1 of each
Key
. This was during peak hours on Saturday evening.

During low hours it seems like the dropprate Is much higher.

Have you experienced the same?

Or is the RNG-god trolling with me ?!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi!
I have a feeling that the drop chance for keys is much lower during peak hours. I have reasently done 30 runs of bought Nitlac and Summoner and just got 1 of each
Key
. This was during peak hours on Saturday evening.

During low hours it seems like the dropprate Is much higher.

Have you experienced the same?

Or is the RNG-god trolling with me ?!
Haven't experienced the same with regards to peak hours.

I've pulled max 5 keys of
The Summoner
on about the same number of runs you did, but typically more around 2-3 is the average for me.

Nilathak is usually a mixed bag results wise, but 1-2 on average in the same amount of runs you did.

Doing them all with my Sorc. Usually play evenings, NA, PDT timezone.

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
The official published information from blizzard is that the keys have a flat drop rate based only on the number of players in the game. With 1 player, it's something like 9 or 10%.

Killing a miniboss over and over again for keys is a little bit like performing Bernoulli trials, so it's entirely possible that you could go 30+ runs without getting a single
Key
. It's also possible you could do 30+ runs next week at the same time and get 30+ keys.

There are many rumors floating around about secret, unpublished drop mechanics similar to what you've suggested. I've also heard that the server keeps track of the last time a
Key
/set/unique/rune/etc. was dropped for you, and it makes your drop chance lesser or greater depending on how much time has passed since the last one.

Due to the uncertainty of random number generation, it's almost impossible to prove/disprove any of these theories.

Khegan 376

Terror
:
P1 - 1:14 (~7%)
P3 - 1:11 (~9%)
P5+ - 1:10 (10%)

Hate:
P1 - 1:11 (~9%)
P3 - 1:8.61 (~11%)
P5 - 1:8.01 (~12%)
P7 - 1:7.81 (~12%)

Destruction:
P1 - 1:12 (~8%)
P3 - 1:9.61 (~10%)
P5 - 1:9.01 (~11%)
P7 - 1:8.81 (~11%)

These are the odds that were found years ago. There's never been anything to suggest that drop rates are influenced by undiscovered mechanics, especially where the servers may be involved.
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Great info - thank you! Do you know if P2 is the same as P1?

Ouch...that
Key of Terror
drop rate :|

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
I knew Countess was stingy.
Terror
keys are always the last ones I need when I'm farming for a run.

Drops only increase on odd numbered player counts. Difficulty and exp go up on each +player, but drops do not. Unless the players are partied and nearby, which changes it somewhat, though I don't know the math on how

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Khegan 376

undertow wrote: 1 year ago
Great info - thank you! Do you know if P2 is the same as P1?
Yes, the rates are the same for P2. NoDrop % only decreases every two increments.
From the hundreds of runs I've done, it doesn't seem like the percentages hold up. Ya you get a double drop sometimes, but overall I think I get 1
Key
every 15-20 runs.
My ladder stats currently:
Countess - 19 keys from 268 runs - 7%
Summoner - 30 keys from 184 runs - 16%
Nichlatak - 25 keys from 275 runs - 9%
I know that these runs are not enough for a meaningful statistic, but still, for me Summoner is my man :) He even once dropped me 3 keys in one run and again after some runs 2 keys simultaneously.
k88lech wrote: 1 year ago
My ladder stats currently:
Countess - 19 keys from 268 runs - 7%
Summoner - 30 keys from 184 runs - 16%
Nichlatak - 25 keys from 275 runs - 9%
I know that these runs are not enough for a meaningful statistic, but still, for me Summoner is my man :) He even once dropped me 3 keys in one run and again after some runs 2 keys simultaneously.
wait, they can drop more than 1
Key
at the time?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Up to 3. Best I got was 2 from Countess on my side.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Khegan 376

They all have 5 picks, and there's no limit imposed on
Key
drops. You could get 5 keys in one drop if you were insanely (un)lucky.
I think it's just RNG. I found 3 keys within 10 runs and 0 keys withing 60 runs. Both at around 10 am...
it's rng.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...