Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   16291 views

Description

Specifically, what is everyone's leveling speed at higher Char levels?

For those of you that are playing on a level 97 or 98 Char, how soon can you get say ~10 million exp?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bisu 369

PC
Specifically, what is everyone's leveling speed at higher Char levels?

For those of you that are playing on a level 97 or 98 Char, how soon can you get say ~10 million exp?

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
XP seems to come in decently quick but not "too quick" in full
Terror
farming games, even though I didn't bother collecting actual numbers on live yet.

The one thing that stands out as compared to say
Baal
runs imo is that
Teleport
is significantly more essential than it ever was. Did some group runs on my bowzon (i.e. fort over Enigma) only to give up crying because depending on the map, as soon as you run into a dead end with your party, you won't get any xp (let alone loot) for the rest of the run as you're busy running back and over and back up while others just
Teleport
past the wall and clear everything beyond it before you ever catch up with them.
Did some group runs on my bowzon (i.e. fort over Enigma) only to give up crying because depending on the map, as soon as you run into a dead end with your party, you won't get any xp (let alone loot) for the rest of the run as you're busy running back and over and back up while others just
Teleport
past the wall and clear everything beyond it before you ever catch up with them.
tp p
tp p
TP P
TP P!!!!111

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Did some group runs on my bowzon (i.e. fort over Enigma) only to give up crying because depending on the map, as soon as you run into a dead end with your party, you won't get any xp (let alone loot) for the rest of the run as you're busy running back and over and back up while others just
Teleport
tp p
tp p
TP P
TP P!!!!111
:D
Yeah, if you want to seriously take part in public TZ runs,
Teleport
is required. That's not an exaggeration.

The only time that doesn't apply is in zones that are very enclosed, like
Tristram
or TZ
Baal

As for leveling, I got 9M in a little under an hour at 97 playing TZ cows. Leveling is absurdly easy now compared to the 96-97 grind before TZ.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 815

Americas PC
I did a few public TZ runs with my bowazon earlier today without too much difficulty, and yes I am leveling faster. The group I was running with except for one Sorc were mostly Barbs and Zons so TP wasn't an issue. If you really feel a need for TP, you can always use an item such as
Naj's Puzzler
on your second weapon swap. I've used it a few times. I have an Enigma which I use to solo run the Tower and Arcane for keys, but in a public run it would make the Zon a bit too squishy for my liking.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

Bisu 369

PC
Just had
Chaos Sanctuary
as TZ for the last hour.

My level 95 got 22.6M exp from ~45 minutes of PUG runs, with 5-8 players.

So a full hour run should produce ~30M exp, which means 7.5 - 8 hrs to get a full level if starting fresh at 95.
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Just had
Chaos Sanctuary
as TZ for the last hour.

My level 95 got 22.6M exp from ~45 minutes of PUG runs, with 5-8 players.

So a full hour run should produce ~30M exp, which means 7.5 - 8 hrs to get a full level if starting fresh at 95.
So basically, it's still a big ol' grind, but not nearly as bad as before. Sounds about right?

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

Bisu 369

PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
So basically, it's still a big ol' grind, but not nearly as bad as before. Sounds about right?
Still a grind, especially since not every TZ will be as rewarding as Chaos runs.

However, it would be an amazing boost at the hardest part of the grind. For example, the exp penalty is 1.46% for level 95, and 0.59% for level 98, and since the mlvl - clvl is virtually gone in level 96 TZ, that means a level 98 can get roughly 12M in one hour of TZ Chaos runs. That makes the 98 to 99 part doable in ~24 hrs of this kind of runs. Other zones will give less exp, sure, but my guess is that in ball park 98 to 99 should be doable in 40 hrs.

For season 2, there may be level 99 on the Ladder in the first week.

mhlg 815

Americas PC
My issue with public games is that it seem almost every time I get into one, someone goes hostile on me. On one occasion I was in the
Throne of Destruction
amid pandemonium and didn't even know it had happened until a message popped up stating that someone was slain by me. When I play a public game I do it for fun and quicker leveling. I go in with no expectation of finding loot.

mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
My issue with public games is that it seem almost every time I get into one, someone goes hostile on me. On one occasion I was in the
Throne of Destruction
amid pandemonium and didn't even know it had happened until a message popped up stating that someone was slain by me. When I play a public game I do it for fun and quicker leveling. I go in with no expectation of finding loot.
That's hilarious. Goes hostile on you and dies.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

mhlg 815

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Throne of Destruction
That's hilarious. Goes hostile on you and dies.
They went hostile and I didn't even know they were there until I got the slain by me message. I still have their
Ear
in case I ever encounter them again in another game. :-)

like doing p7 Chaos in p1
Terror
zones, amazing

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago

For season 2, there may be level 99 on the Ladder in the first week.
Like the first ladder

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Just went from 90 to 91, and it's MUCH easier than before, something between 5x and 10x, I'd say. On my side, appreciate this a lot.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Just went from 90 to 91, and it's MUCH easier than before, something between 5x and 10x, I'd say. On my side, appreciate this a lot.
I wouldn't go quite that far (assuming, seeing how the difference should be even less at 90, due to lower penalties on
Baal
) but yeah. Did a comparison of avg
Baal
runs to avg speed
Terror
clearing last night over a few bars each and at 92, it seems to be something like 50% faster, give or take. The relative difference should of course become larger and larger as lvl goes higher since the
Baal
penalty/uselessness of his trash keeps going up.
Faster leveling yes.
For much fast? I don't care but much faster at lvl 93. I just enjoy the game while having a goal to reach lvl 99.
Joining public baals before or joining TZ game (just to teleporting) is just too boring for me.

Relax and have fun!
I am running them mostly for the potential drops. Experience comes alongside.

So far I've found a
Vex
and 2
Andariel's Visage
, neither of them ethereal though.

I have to say it's nice to take a break from the routine and run some different areas.

I got 2 questions though, is the TC level increased for chests and similar also?

Has anybody dropped a sundred charm? Do they work outside terrorized zones?
BaldurGK wrote: 1 year ago

Has anybody dropped a sundred charm? Do they work outside terrorized zones?
Sunders aren't launched until season 2 so it's not available yet.

Other than that i enjoy some
Terror
zones, and the ones i don't i take a brake. So far i think it's been a good patch, just waiting for the first moo moo farm when im online.

ALWAYS open to other offers if you feel I’m asking for too much or if you do not have exactly what I am looking for.

GMT +02:00
I have never levelled a character higher than the ones I have now so I can only speak for the experience between leveling 90 to 91 and then trying to level in 91 to 92.

I would say leveling my zon with
Terror
zones from 90 to 91 was about double the speed. Now it's hard to say because my zon can kill almost everything whereas my cold sorc basically had half the game locked off to her.

Past 91 leveling to 92 is night and day difference.
Terror
zones are much faster. BUT, it depends on the
Terror
zone greatly. A terrorized WST and
Baal
I get a 1/10th bar in a few runs, but running terrorized eldritch over and over gets me a bar in 30/45 minutes.

Tombs have just become terrorized and once I finish making my coffee we shall see about the last zone I'm pumped for.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...