Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   4387 views

Description

I have been playing heavily since d2r launched and I have yet to come across griffon’s. I have made it a point to find one and I have been focusing on Pindle, Chaos, WSK/
Baal
, and the pits. Today I had 3 magic diadems drop off pindle and a 4th magic
Diadem
drop in the pits. Am I getting closer to my first griffons or is this just d2 effing with my emotions???

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have been playing heavily since d2r launched and I have yet to come across griffon’s. I have made it a point to find one and I have been focusing on Pindle, Chaos, WSK/
Baal
, and the pits. Today I had 3 magic diadems drop off pindle and a 4th magic
Diadem
drop in the pits. Am I getting closer to my first griffons or is this just d2 effing with my emotions???
Yes to both. If you continue, eventually you will get one, but it may take a while, its very rare (also have never seen one drop)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Just sold one 19/11 I found myself in
Chaos Sanctuary
. They do drop.
OP
Thanks for the motivation.
Just trade for one. The probability of you finding any specific rare item is low as hell, but it’s decent that you can accumulate enough high value items to buy off someone else.
Keep going! One could drop eventually. Had one drop two days ago in WSK level 3 on P1. I was just cruising along on my Tesladin when BAM one dropped from a regular mob. I sat there staring at the screen for five minutes in disbelief. So don't give up and keep playing and having fun most importantly.
OP
Thanks y’all! I will keep at it. I’ve been itching to make a lightning sorc with Infinity merc. Sorc was my first toon in d2r but I basically used her to farm gear for all my other toons. She has good mf gear but she’s not strong enough to farm the tougher areas of the game like Chaos and WSK.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Yes to both. If you continue, eventually you will get one, but it may take a while, its very rare (also have never seen one drop)
While I agree with this and you should be motivated, there is also a drop of tar in this honey pot.

I don't remember every finding one during 2003-2018 and I played a lot. Done 99 once and 98 several times, not to mention character count between 90 to 97 would rise to hundreds.

Have found most other items in that time.

You are much better off trading it if online or hope for the best if SSF.
OP
Quick update if anyone is interested. I found my first griffon’s today in WSK lvl 3 off a champion pack. I was so excited I started yelling and my wife called me a nerd lol… it is -16/+15 that I will most likely keep for my sorc. I’m working on gathering runes to make an Infinity. After that just a few more items to gather and I’ll be on my way!

Schnorki 3022Moderator

PC
Congrats.
You've officially already self-found more hard to get stuff than many an unlucky veteran player with 2 decades under his
Belt
. You're allowed to celebrate your nerddom in your wife's face for the day. :P
i played in bnet on/off since lod released and never found one of the golden 3

Griffon
Death´s fathom
Death´s web
.. yesterday i was about "one more run for griffon" ..
And it actually dropped on PITs.. was soo excited.. until i found out its Ethereal :x
But better an ethereal than nothing!

Add me if i win
OP
Bash wrote: 2 years ago
And it actually dropped on PITs.. was soo excited.. until i found out its Ethereal :x
If it’s a decent roll I’d think about putting a
Zod
in it.
OP
tobyha wrote: 2 years ago

Griffon
Death´s fathom
Death´s web
That’s crazy! Sending some good vibes your way.
For future entusiast looking for motivation! It is also possible to gamble for Griffons!
Congratz OP, I know how exciting it is when you finally get one.
Crushnasty wrote: 2 years ago
Bash wrote: 2 years ago
If it’s a decent roll I’d think about putting a
Zod
in it.
17/12 .. :( and i dont have any
Zod
rune .. its possible to get
Zod
for
Ohm
+ -- but its really worth it, when i have Full
Tal
set?
OP
Thanks for all the fun Diablo banter everyone. I am currently using griffons with an oculus and 3 piece
Tal
set and an Infinity on my merc. I have a 3/18 escutchas but my resistances are a bit too low to make that switch at the moment. I’m still in the market for a sorc torch and an anni. Even without those 2 charms, my sorc is currently melting most mobs and I can farm any area in the game.

My next steps are to get storch, anni, and 2 light facets for my griffons and escutchas. Once that is complete, im thinking about having 2 sets of gear: 1 mf set and 1 damage set. Should I go Chains of Honor for my damage set due to my low resistances?
tobyha wrote: 2 years ago

Griffon
Death´s fathom
Death´s web
When I found Death’s Fathom I was so confused like “what the hell is this?”

I thought it was Ginthers Rift when it was on the floor
I had my first one drop off an Act 1 off a
Fallen
randomly and it got sold for HRs. I'm sure I'll never see another, lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation