Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2484 views

Description

Basically like playing SSF since starting HC a week ago - I've listed 40 trades on here and not had one person PM. Same thing with a couple discords - lists with 20-30 items and even lower prices set... no trades. Only successfully trades have been afking in games requesting "x for y" games. It really sucks that no one plays HC.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Basically like playing SSF since starting HC a week ago - I've listed 40 trades on here and not had one person PM. Same thing with a couple discords - lists with 20-30 items and even lower prices set... no trades. Only successfully trades have been afking in games requesting "x for y" games. It really sucks that no one plays HC.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I think the remaster (and this site) are just very young. They both just released and there's A TON of people who are:

1. waiting for all critic reviews to buy
2. waiting for the servers to stabilize to buy
3. waiting for ladder to start to buy
4. waiting for a holiday to buy
5. people who don't know its out or it even exists yet! (blizzard is doing massive ads everywhere right now)
6. more people to join d2io! (the site went from 400 to 16,000 members in a single week and is increasing by over 1k everyday right now)

boahs wrote: 2 years ago
I feel your pain but I think eventually it will get better. I think people are worried about server stability as well but I love hardcore too much to not be playing it.

They are also working on fixing the filters for hardcore / console players so that should hopefully help with the non softcore and non PC sales.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I think the remaster (and this site) are just very young. They both just released and there's A TON of people who are:

1. waiting for all critic reviews to buy
2. waiting for the servers to stabilize to buy
3. waiting for ladder to start to buy
4. waiting for a holiday to buy
5. people who don't know its out or it even exists yet! (blizzard is doing massive ads everywhere right now)
6. more people to join d2io! (the site went from 400 to 16,000 members in a single week and is increasing by over 1k everyday right now)
Yes - Sorry I didn't mean to imply the site was at fault for this issue. It's more of the less relating to your third point I guess. I hope that's the case at least because I typically only play HC and it would be nice to make a couple trades here and there to get my desired gear because I'm not using other options such as the jsp.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
The game is way too unstable for me to play hardcore right now. I think I'm eventually going to give it a go because the added fear of death seems fun. HOWEVER, the game currently crashes 2-3 times a day for me while I'm playing, most of the time resulting in a character death. I keep a clean OS, I got recent & modern hardware, there's no reason for it to be crashing out like this for me. Gonna wait for some stability updates before I risk it...

In regards to a difficulty in setting up hardcore trades here in our trade section, we got a website patch coming soon which will make it easier to search for & find hardcore items, which should help on that front.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Personally I am waiting out server stability before I go into HC and as D2R is just little over a week old. People just haven't dipped their toes into the sweet waters of Permadeath yet xD

Same here, will go HC when ladder starts, and looking forward to see the HC filter functionality implmented on this site. :)
Honestly I would imagine most people are playing Hardcore Offline until ladder. Especially with all the server issues lately.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
ChaosRonin wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly I would imagine most people are playing Hardcore Offline until ladder. Especially with all the server issues lately.
As you say this my game crashes and the login servers are broken, haha. That'd be another lost character in hardcore right now.

I'll play hardcore. Just not until the game client and the game servers are both stable. Now is just not a good time.

Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
ChaosRonin wrote: 2 years ago
As you say this my game crashes and the login servers are broken, haha. That'd be another lost character in hardcore right now.

I'll play hardcore. Just not until the game client and the game servers are both stable. Now is just not a good time.
Did the servers go down again? Wonder what the problem is. I will laugh if its something like too many people want to play at the same time.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
yeah they got a warning message up on the battle.net launcher right now. "We are aware of an issue with our login servers etc"; something along those lines.

Not that I'm personally waiting on it, but I can see why if Blizzard isn't comfortable starting the ladder season for SC & HC due to instability/bugs, it's a pretty convincing reason to hold off on HC.

I can't count how many times a mob is half a screen away but it hits me and instantly appears next to me.
Actually i think the hardcore filter here does not work since i do not get any hc items listed - sometimes i saw some, which were too expensive for me.

But now if i filter i cant even see my own hc offer (
Hellslayer
) so i presume the filter is just not working!

Greetings
Cease
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
The game is way too unstable for me to play hardcore right now. I think I'm eventually going to give it a go because the added fear of death seems fun. HOWEVER, the game currently crashes 2-3 times a day for me while I'm playing, most of the time resulting in a character death. I keep a clean OS, I got recent & modern hardware, there's no reason for it to be crashing out like this for me. Gonna wait for some stability updates before I risk it...

In regards to a difficulty in setting up hardcore trades here in our trade section, we got a website patch coming soon which will make it easier to search for & find hardcore items, which should help on that front.
Hey buddy, this may be because d2r cant handle display-overlay like discord or radeon software, got me 2 chars lost already. try getting rid of any display-overlays MIGHT hell solve your problems. Greetings, Cease

Greetings
Cease

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I'm not using any software overlays. Game is buggy and crashing for me regularly on two separate computers which run fine otherwise, lol.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Cease wrote: 2 years ago
Actually i think the hardcore filter here does not work since i do not get any hc items listed - sometimes i saw some, which were too expensive for me.

Hellslayer
The filter does not do what you think it does. It only filters from the handful of items currently listed on the page of items you are already looking at. Originally, it did filter from the entire database, but that database was designed to handle a couple of trades per hour. Site blew up and we're doing 1,000x that much trade volume so an emergency patch that essentially broke the filter was issued to keep the server online. For now you'd have to click each page of items and filter for hardcore individually. Yeah, it's a shitty workaround but there will be a site update soon which will allow you to actually search the entire database of hardcore items, so stay tuned.

Cease wrote: 2 years ago

Hellslayer
Yes, HC filtering will come in future version!
forums/common-issues-problems-suggestio ... 26325.html
My issue that I'm having is everyone that has something wants a cadilac for a pontiac. I'm not shocked because its young and there is not years of seasons behind characters.

@Beardozer Dude, the game does crash every couple hours to half a day for me and for some reason it just ends my characters in game life and im safe every time. Never have I ben so thankful for the game quitting me so fast on a crash lol!
OP
In regards to the comments about fear of losing characters to DCs...ironically enough I've been playing HC since day 1 everyday and haven't had that kill any of my characters. Other BS reasons have but they were ingame reasons at least. I have however crashed over 100 times in my play time and am surprised it hasn't killed me yet. I'm always surprised it hasn't killed me.
too many bugs to play HC right now.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...