Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   1525 views

Description

Waiting hours to play a game I payed u for is just wrong you are failing miserably.......

Can be used to make Runewords:

FuuQ 0

Waiting hours to play a game I payed u for is just wrong you are failing miserably.......
this is not the official D2 forums. You know that right?
It is a forum though isnt it? Id say that the BS queuing system and Blizzard being cheapskates and not providing proper infrastructure for D2R qualifies for general discussion, wouldnt you?
Jamezdin wrote: 2 years ago
It is a forum though isnt it? Id say that the BS queuing system and Blizzard being cheapskates and not providing proper infrastructure for D2R qualifies for general discussion, wouldnt you?
They already said they're working on it. Throwing more money at it doesn't make it able to be developed faster; you can't just add 5 more programmers to get it 1 month faster. They released early, infrastructure isn't ready, and they made a post explaining what they are working on. What more do you expect? The only thing they could really have done is released it later. I for one am happy they released it when they did.
At least you can sign in on PC, console can't sign in until some undefined point in time next week when the next patch is released.
Schlafsack wrote: 2 years ago
At least you can sign in on PC, console can't sign in until some undefined point in time next week when the next patch is released.
I havnt tried it today but I was on and off the xbox everyday.
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
Schlafsack wrote: 2 years ago
I havnt tried it today but I was on and off the xbox everyday.
The patch on PC that screwed things up for all consoles was released yesterday (late).

Technically you can get lucky and get in now, but chances are you won't be able to play.

Go ahead and try if you can sign in, feel free to report back with your findings.
sigsegv wrote: 2 years ago
They already said they're working on it. Throwing more money at it doesn't make it able to be developed faster; you can't just add 5 more programmers to get it 1 month faster. They released early, infrastructure isn't ready, and they made a post explaining what they are working on. What more do you expect? The only thing they could really have done is released it later. I for one am happy they released it when they did.
Do you work as a system admin? Do you know anything about server infrastructure? With Azure hosting it's literally just throwing more money at it to make it work. And thats just one solution out of a thousand. They are literally blaming gamers for wanting to access their game. The only way that this can be permanently solved is by buying or renting more servers. Thats it. Everything else is BS fluff that Blizzard is selling you, and you are obviously buying.
Do you work as a system admin? Do you know anything about server infrastructure? With Azure hosting it's literally just throwing more money at it to make it work. And thats just one solution out of a thousand. They are literally blaming gamers for wanting to access their game. The only way that this can be permanently solved is by buying or renting more servers. Thats it. Everything else is BS fluff that Blizzard is selling you, and you are obviously buying.
I'm a software developer lead with 15 years industry experience, so yes.

You can't just infinitely scale some 20 year old piece of junk. They literally said it's a singleton by which they mean it won't horizontally scale. It has to be rewritten. That takes time no matter how many programmers you throw at it, because you can't just have 10 people working on the same thing, there are limits of what you can do concurrently.

If you think you can just horizontally scale some 20 year old code by spinning up more cloud resources, I don't even know what to say other than you don't work in the industry at all.

If you think you can just horizontally scale some 20 year old code by spinning up more cloud resources, I don't even know what to say other than you don't work in the industry at all.
Oh so you do buy the bullshit about it being 20 year old code. So they redid the whole game, redid the gui backend, but let it run on 20 year old code that depends on old infrastructure. If that IS true, then they are even more incompetent than I thought they were.

Oh so you do buy the bullshit about it being 20 year old code. So they redid the whole game, redid the gui backend, but let it run on 20 year old code that depends on old infrastructure. If that IS true, then they are even more incompetent than I thought they were.
They almost literally built a mod for the original D2 to have better graphics, yes.
We gotta better chance of the pandemic settling down and people going back into offices to free up servers.. Than we do blizzard getting their crap together.

Interested in a trade? just whisper me: Joedirt138#1927
and don't forget to give +1 trust for the trade ;).

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
If you wanna blame someone, blame Blizz management and Activision Blizzard King who most likely pushed for release way too early and made a meme of the "soon" blizzard policy for the past decade. They got tons of bug reports during beta and it was very clear that the remaster wasn't finished, yet they still decided to release as early as possible.
The devs working on this are doing the best they can to mitigate the issues and I'd rather queue for half an hour and do something else while I wait than play and later lose items in a rollback.

You think this game is Brand new, doesn't rely on old pieces of code, yet it has all the same functionality, quirks AND bugs as well as a toggle for legacy graphics? They clearly built on top, not from scratch. Choosing to do so is not incompetence, that's how remasters are approached these days. This is not a remake.

Well if you look at the whole premise of any remaster game, it's to bring in some quick cash. So yes, it's extremely likely that they had to weigh between these two options:
A) use existing service for handling game creation which works
B) spend a lot more time (and therefore a lot more money) redesigning the working service so that it can support a lot more players

Even if they knew there was going to be a lot of players, the fact of the matter is that 90% of players will quit within 1 month, and it will take them more than 1 month to develop a properly horizontally scaling server. Their parent company is publicly traded, which I am sure you can figure out where their priorities are. Even if the development team wanted to rewrite that, it would be very likely vetoed by upper management as not cost effective. A login queue for a few weeks while under peak time is a fine alternative, although yes it would be nice if they invested more in this, it's easy to see why they wouldn't.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
It has been a tricky old launch granted, but they're at least working on solutions and communicating that to the fanbase.

Diablo 2 had a legacy that lasted for 20 years, I wouldn't worry about people losing interest quite so soon.

Do some pushups while you wait.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
It has been a tricky old launch granted, but they're at least working on solutions and communicating that to the fanbase.

Diablo 2 had a legacy that lasted for 20 years, I wouldn't worry about people losing interest quite so soon.
I, for one, have been very vocal on blizz forums about the fact that they kept us in the dark, I tweeted so much shit over and over every single time they would announce they fixed "today's bug". THAT SAID, I was pleasantly surprised to see an update on the situation from their part. I had pretty much given up hope on anything from blizz. ALSO, as far as I know, this is not blizz, but V V who developed the project so that might have something to do with the update from the devs.

Either way, I'm ok with queueing, and rate limiting for pindle farmers and such. I'd rather wait one hour before I can play, rather than have a 4+ hours crash everyday.
The queue doesn't bother me. I agree with @ImOnABoat and prefer a short queue over constant crashing and waiting 4+ hours.

I usually just take a shower or do some work around the house while waiting.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I'm kind of happy that they appear to have built the D2R stuff on top of what is essentially the 20 year old codebase. This game plays exactly like D2 did, and I like that. Hope they can get the servers in a good place by reworking the backend or something.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Wishing that this queuing situation will not last for too long.

I think 2 weeks is my limit.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation