Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   2220 views

Assassin Trap Bug Preventing Champions From Spawning FIXED!

No data yet

Description

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/143 ... 36292?s=20
Blizzard wrote:
The Trapsin bug is fixed and will be included in a Day 1 patch.

Rejoice for Trapsins everywhere.
Amazing news for assassin fans everywhere! Felt like this change deserved its own thread. :D
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/143 ... 36292?s=20
Blizzard wrote:
The Trapsin bug is fixed and will be included in a Day 1 patch.

Rejoice for Trapsins everywhere.
Amazing news for assassin fans everywhere! Felt like this change deserved its own thread. :D

After doing some reading, my understanding is that it doesn't despawn the champions. Instead, some traps like
Death Sentry
are added to the same counter that Champions use for spawning, so when the game is generating packs as you run around, it thinks the given area is already overloaded with champions, or already generated them, and as a result no champions spawn.

I'd love to see a better source on this though, for historical reasons.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
After doing some reading, my understanding is that it doesn't despawn the champions. Instead, some traps like
Death Sentry
are added to the same counter that Champions use for spawning, so when the game is generating packs as you run around, it thinks the given area is already overloaded with champions, or already generated them, and as a result no champions spawn.

Ah so i should word it, "trap laying bug that PREVENTED champions from spawning" ?

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Death Sentry

Ah so i should word it, "trap laying bug that PREVENTED champions from spawning" ?
I believe that phraseology would indeed facilitate superior understanding. Again, this is the understanding I gleaned from light reading on the subject; I would enjoy a better source on it.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
I believe that phraseology would indeed facilitate superior understanding. Again, this is the understanding I gleaned from light reading on the subject; I would enjoy a better source on it.
To be completely frank i only found out about this bug a couple weeks ago from some random post in the Blizzard forums asking for it to be fixed. lol

Funny how i can play this game on and off for nearly 2 decades and still find out things i didn't know. xD

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
To be completely frank i only found out about this bug a couple weeks ago from some random post in the Blizzard forums asking for it to be fixed. lol

Funny how i can play this game on and off for nearly 2 decades and still find out things i didn't know. xD
I actually have known about this bug for a very long time, it's one of the main reasons that I almost never play assassins. Out of all of the character classes, the assassin is my least played class. I think since 2001 I have only made maybe 3 assassins, and 2 of the 3 have been non-trappers because of it. Just the idea of basically not being able to find items due to a bug was a massive deal breaker for me to even considering playing the class. Sure you can still find the occasional drop from normal enemies and bosses, but just the thought of running through an area and having your drops massively reduced due to a bug is pretty off putting. I'm glad to see it fixed, I may actually give an assassin a shot again.

klh 52

Assassin Europe XLinux
A good source with testing on this bug: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threa ... pawns.670/
Basically, if you are a trapsin, you need to make all monster spawn on any given map before you start using traps. If you don’t do this and start using traps anyway, less champions will appear. This screws with your EXP again big time.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

klh 52

Assassin Europe XLinux
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Basically, if you are a trapsin, you need to make all monster spawn on any given map before you start using traps. If you don’t do this and start using traps anyway, less champions will appear. This screws with your EXP again big time.
Exp is one thing, but this bug killed MF trapsins in the original.
klh wrote: 2 years ago
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Exp is one thing, but this bug killed MF trapsins in the original.
True. I wasn’t thinking about that actually . Damn that’s a really bad bug lol

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Super stoked that this was fixed already!

Not only am I a huge assassin fan, but this glitch flew under-the-radar for YEARS and was largely unrecognized compared to other bugs.

Very happy. Also excited to ultimately see what other bugs the team ends up fixing!

Last bumped by BillyMaysed 2 years ago.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...