diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   212 views

Pages don't always resize after images load

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: Windows PC
Browser: Firefox 88

Steps to reproduce: Dammit, I can't reproduce it anymore. However, I can point to this thread:

forums/post-a-pic-of-your-setup-for-d2r-t8681.html

When there was only one image posted in the thread, the thread would load, my web browser would size all of the elements, and THEN the image that Unrivaled Piercer posted would load on top of everything. The page elements would not resize, the image would load on top of everything and the bottom of the page would be hidden underneath the image. The correct behavior would be for the page to have resized after the image loaded, expanding downwards, but this did not happen. I have an addon called 'remove anything' for Firefox, I was able to use it to remove the image from my web browser and once removed the bottom of the page would be visible. Note that I don't mean I edited his post to remove the image, I just have an addon which allows me to remove elements from my screen once rendered.

For whatever reason, once I posted my image below his, the page renders properly. I think I have seen this a couple of times now, when one image is posted in a thread then it doesn't render properly, but once others are added in subsequent posts then everything sizes properly.

Something fucky is going on with the element sizing, I can't point you to a link where I can reproduce the problem anymore, I guess just something to keep an eye on. I'll post up again once I see it again. This happens somewhat regularly.

Anything else to add:

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Device: Windows PC
Browser: Firefox 88

Steps to reproduce: Dammit, I can't reproduce it anymore. However, I can point to this thread:

forums/post-a-pic-of-your-setup-for-d2r-t8681.html

When there was only one image posted in the thread, the thread would load, my web browser would size all of the elements, and THEN the image that Unrivaled Piercer posted would load on top of everything. The page elements would not resize, the image would load on top of everything and the bottom of the page would be hidden underneath the image. The correct behavior would be for the page to have resized after the image loaded, expanding downwards, but this did not happen. I have an addon called 'remove anything' for Firefox, I was able to use it to remove the image from my web browser and once removed the bottom of the page would be visible. Note that I don't mean I edited his post to remove the image, I just have an addon which allows me to remove elements from my screen once rendered.

For whatever reason, once I posted my image below his, the page renders properly. I think I have seen this a couple of times now, when one image is posted in a thread then it doesn't render properly, but once others are added in subsequent posts then everything sizes properly.

Something fucky is going on with the element sizing, I can't point you to a link where I can reproduce the problem anymore, I guess just something to keep an eye on. I'll post up again once I see it again. This happens somewhat regularly.

Anything else to add:

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
There I go breaking things again...

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
This has to do with a performance optimisation I have in place for you guys called lazyloading. It means that on pages with images, that they are only loaded once they 'come into' your viewport.

Usually this works flawlessly if the browser already knows what the dimensions of the image are - but phpBB was built 20 years ago and modern solutions like this are a little more challenging to implement.

It's something I'm working on with phpBB over in this thread: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2601301 if you're interested in learning more.

Web development ain't easy guys :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...