Description

Device
All
OS
All
Browser
All
Observation
Slow loading times exist on these particular 'areas': Uniques, Base, and Contributions. This is due to the high amount of DOM elements being requested, and the size of the HTML document itself after pre-processing.
Note that this is not due to the number of images (which are performantly lazy-loaded so that only those within your viewport load as you scroll, the rest are not yet requested).
It is due to the fact that these areas have hundreds of entries - almost 500 for Base Items for example. Little I can do at the moment without breaking the pages up (and therefore breaking filtering/searching within those categories).
Will find a solution eventually.
Reproducing
Visit any of these pages and observe the long loading time.
Screenshot
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
Device
All
OS
All
Browser
All
Observation
Slow loading times exist on these particular 'areas': Uniques, Base, and Contributions. This is due to the high amount of DOM elements being requested, and the size of the HTML document itself after pre-processing.
Note that this is not due to the number of images (which are performantly lazy-loaded so that only those within your viewport load as you scroll, the rest are not yet requested).
It is due to the fact that these areas have hundreds of entries - almost 500 for Base Items for example. Little I can do at the moment without breaking the pages up (and therefore breaking filtering/searching within those categories).
Will find a solution eventually.
Reproducing
Visit any of these pages and observe the long loading time.
Screenshot
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
This was fixed in version 0.2, please see notes over here for details on the fix which reduced loading times significantly:

OP

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
Decided what I'm going to do with this issue - as it is completely breaking on iOS Safari for base items, and giving very poor performance on desktop and elsewhere.

Once the DB is complete I'm going to split the Uniques category into Unique Armor & Unique Weapons, and split the Base category into Base Armor & Base Weapons.

This will roughly halve the DOM of each, bringing it below the threshhold of Apple devices and give better performance overall for everyone.

OP

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
Just an update, I've modified some of the CSS which was asking for a Z transform on all 500 elements on page load, which caused the Memory overload on iPhones. It's now working fine.

OP

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
This was fixed in version 0.2, please see notes over here for details on the fix which reduced loading times significantly:

This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...