Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   24607 views

Description

Been farming for Faith bow bases for a while now. I'm not interested in a Zon base because I want to pass it around to Act 1 mercs if needed.

Conventional Wisdom is to hold out for a
Diamond Bow
given its very consistent base damage range (33-40), but on a mercenary, how much does that actually matter? Just dropped a 4os
Ward Bow
. On average, the base damage (20-53) will be identical due to both bases having the same attack speed, and the min requirements I think are more favorable to the rogue merc compared to a
Diamond Bow
(
Ward Bow
has lower str, higher dex).

I'm not trying to light a
Jah
and an
Ohm
on fire, though. Thoughts, especially if you've gone this same route? Thanks!
Description by cristobal03

Can be used to make Runewords:

Been farming for Faith bow bases for a while now. I'm not interested in a Zon base because I want to pass it around to Act 1 mercs if needed.

Conventional Wisdom is to hold out for a
Diamond Bow
given its very consistent base damage range (33-40), but on a mercenary, how much does that actually matter? Just dropped a 4os
Ward Bow
. On average, the base damage (20-53) will be identical due to both bases having the same attack speed, and the min requirements I think are more favorable to the rogue merc compared to a
Diamond Bow
(
Ward Bow
has lower str, higher dex).

I'm not trying to light a
Jah
and an
Ohm
on fire, though. Thoughts, especially if you've gone this same route? Thanks!
Answeredby Queegon2 years agoGo to post
Blade Bow/Great Bow - you'll always hit 8 FPA with a 15IAS jewel inside andariel's visage. Would only consider making in superior base because you can always get 4 sockets from Larzuk.

Diamond Bow/Shadow Bow/Ward Bow - hope for 14+ Fanaticism, so you can socket the helmet with a ral instead of IAS (or expensive IAS+Fire Res) to reach 9 FPA.

Crusader Bow/Hydra Bow - you need to roll 14+ Fanaticism AND socket your helmet with 15 IAS to reach 9 FPA.

This is assuming Fortitude on your merc. The damage from your merc won't be anything spectacular with either of the bases.
Naturally the faster bow will be better with Duress but you are trading 300%ED from Fortitude for the extra CB chance.

UPDATE with 2.4 patch notes where act 1 merc should be able to wield grand matron bow and matriarchal bow. This makes all other bases strictly worse because a) these deal greater damage b) have up to +3 bow skills which will work on merc.
GMB falls into hydra bow category,
MB then into blade bow category, respectively.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
from my experienc dosnt really matter he only is helpfull killing single target miniboss(if immune psych damage-but even that i can solo by using
Magic Arrow
) or
Baal
so dosnt really mater what bow u choose since Faith on merc is mostly for aura ...got my Faith in
Crusader Bow
using cold rogueequipped with andy helmet dures
Eth
chest for additional cold and some crushing blow and ressistance
OP
Thanks for input. Did you hold out for a superior CB? or just a 4os?

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
Agh, this question was irrelevant for a few fleeing seconds. Womp womp.

Blade Bow
/
Great Bow
- you'll always hit 8 FPA with a 15IAS jewel inside
Andariel's Visage
. Would only consider making in superior base because you can always get 4 sockets from
Larzuk

Diamond Bow
/
Shadow Bow
/
Ward Bow
- hope for 14+
Fanaticism
, so you can socket the helmet with a
Ral
instead of IAS (or expensive IAS+Fire Res) to reach 9 FPA.

Crusader Bow
/
Hydra Bow
- you need to roll 14+
Fanaticism
AND socket your helmet with 15 IAS to reach 9 FPA.

This is assuming Fortitude on your merc. The damage from your merc won't be anything spectacular with either of the bases.
Naturally the faster bow will be better with Duress but you are trading 300%ED from Fortitude for the extra CB chance.

UPDATE with 2.4 patch notes where act 1 merc should be able to wield
Grand Matron Bow
and
Matriarchal Bow
. This makes all other bases strictly worse because a) these deal greater damage b) have up to +3 bow skills which will work on merc.
GMB falls into
Hydra Bow
category,
MB then into
Blade Bow
category, respectively.
This post was marked as the best answer.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Great advice, thanks!

I should try to aim for a Faith
Great Bow
since I have this 14ED one lying around...
OP
Update:

Ended up getting a little impatient and made it in my
Ward Bow
. So close...

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Aye, impatience was a bad call on this one. Amazon bows are the clear winners now.

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Wcla wrote: 2 years ago
Amazon bows FTW !!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... -has-ended

Rogues will equip
Grand Matron Bow
now.

Good day all
Thanks for this, and thanks Schnork for updating the answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation