Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   8377 views

Description

Hey everyone, I’ve had the runes and the intention for make a Faith for about 3 weeks now, just need the bow to put the runes in. I’m ssf offline, but even still, shouldn’t be hard right? ... right?

Booo

I started of doing cows, then checked silospen and opened up my farming to basically anywhere that has a high
Concentration
of ‘archers’, looks like they all have higher chance of dropping either matriarchal or grand matron bows. The trick is to find one with +3 bow skills, either plain or with 4os. I also pick up broken/cracked ones and repair for a chance they’ll come out with +3.

My current runs take me through p7 cows, the pit, countess, maybe the jail, Andy, the sewers and first area of act 5 if I see a good
Concentration
of archers. I’ll get a bow every run or so but it never seems to have +3 or rolls either 5 or 1 OS...

Am I missing a better place to farm? Or a better method? Or do I just need reassurance to be patient, the grind is real and it will eventually drop.

I have also noticed that weapon racks seem to have a ‘prefered’ thing to drop for each time I roll a new map, anyone know if that’s a thing? Maybe I could re-roll maps if they drop bows...?!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 532

Switch
Hey everyone, I’ve had the runes and the intention for make a Faith for about 3 weeks now, just need the bow to put the runes in. I’m ssf offline, but even still, shouldn’t be hard right? ... right?

Booo

I started of doing cows, then checked silospen and opened up my farming to basically anywhere that has a high
Concentration
of ‘archers’, looks like they all have higher chance of dropping either matriarchal or grand matron bows. The trick is to find one with +3 bow skills, either plain or with 4os. I also pick up broken/cracked ones and repair for a chance they’ll come out with +3.

My current runs take me through p7 cows, the pit, countess, maybe the jail, Andy, the sewers and first area of act 5 if I see a good
Concentration
of archers. I’ll get a bow every run or so but it never seems to have +3 or rolls either 5 or 1 OS...

Am I missing a better place to farm? Or a better method? Or do I just need reassurance to be patient, the grind is real and it will eventually drop.

I have also noticed that weapon racks seem to have a ‘prefered’ thing to drop for each time I roll a new map, anyone know if that’s a thing? Maybe I could re-roll maps if they drop bows...?!

louner 197

Europe PC
I think you aren't missing anything, just bad luck so far. You just need to drop as close to zero MF as possible (so you get less magical items and more bases) and farm Pits over and over

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Perhaps add
Ancient Tunnels
and palace cellar, there should be archers there

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Yea I got down to mf only from Enigma. I don’t really want to give it up because of how fast teleporting makes my runs
Get down to as little mf as possible, i would add nilathaks temple to your runs, archers spawn in there lots and i have actually found 2 3sk Faith bases and a 3sk Mist base down there farming dkeys this ladder. I think they are all GMB too

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
I haven't played offline in D2R, but back in old D2/LoD I only played offline (and TCP/IP) and I remember that there definitely seemed to be some form of 'seed' built into the weapon and armor racks on a map, if you're playing offline with the same map over and over you will consistently see pretty much the same type of item from the same weapon/armor rack (almost) every time you pop it, at least if you pop them in the same order every time. If you're looking for a specific kind of item it may therefore be a good idea to "reroll" maps until you find one with a weapon/armor rack with the type of item you're after, and then just keep popping it over and over. I haven't deep dived into this subject as I don't play offline any longer, but maybe someone else can provide details to how it actually works and not just speculation based on 10+ year old memories ;)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Definitely keep grinding alvl 85 areas - it's unfortunately just down to RNG, but you're doing the right thing. I've seen a few drop in cows and WSK. Upgrading those cracked, etc. MA & GMB bows will only give you a max. of 3 sockets, though (max sockets per ilvl shown on each bow's item page on this site). This would work to your advantage if trying to make a 3 socket runeword.
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
* There is one exception to this rule: if you use the Cube to upgrade a Cracked/Low Quality/Damaged/Crude item to Normal quality, then its iLvl will be set to 1 regardless of the item's quality level.

Hopefully you can find a +3 GMB soon. You'll be doing more damage even at a lower breakpoint than with a MA if I remember correctly (might depend on what slvl Fanat rolls at, though - ideally slvl 14+ IIRC). I think the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl thread talks about this, and you can also look at the IAS tables with different levels of Fanat :)

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
there is no method. edit the save and stop wasting time in offline ROFL

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.
OP

Nate 532

Switch
subaridji wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks friend, but doesn’t seem like your comment is adding anything constructive. If possible to re-structure your statement as friendly and cooperative please do so, I’ve found most members of this forum like helping their fellow players and find it rewarding to do so!
I have found all of my MB and GMB bases in
Halls of Anguish
Halls of Pain
, and
Halls of Vaught
. Nihlithak's temple, basically. My experience is clearly just a 'rng is weird' example, but I'd still argue it's a very good area.

On players 7, most of the trash in there has around a 1:6,000 chance of dropping a MB. While an act 1 archer enemy has 3x that at 1:2,000 the halls areas are packed to the brim. Especially if you roll versions with flayers and other plentiful garbage.

In other words, the above recommendations are good, and doing stuff like Pits also opens you up for some other really cool drops, but if you get tired of cows , Nihlithak's temple has served me very well in the past as an easy, high density set of areas.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
The Dark Archer in the Pit has the best rate to drop GMB (1:2484 in p7 with 0MF)

Cow level is another good place. The drop rate is fine 1:7490. But there is a large quantity of cows so it still a great place to find base.

Just keep farming!

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Whoot, +3 gmb in the pits! Rolled it aaaaaand... 1os.

😒

Well I can’t be that mad, same run I got a 47 Steel rends in the pit (surprising bc I switched to my zero mf Fury Druid) and an
Ist
from a countess minion.

Th3ory 412

Paladin Americas PC

😒

Well I can’t be that mad, same run I got a 47 Steel rends in the pit (surprising bc I switched to my zero mf Fury Druid) and an
Ist
from a countess minion.
I would also heavily look at Mat bows which is the faster base and not just target a GMB.

P7 - 0% MF - Hell

Griswold
(trist) - 1:344 Chance and
The Smith
(
Barracks
) 1:344 chance | Also have
The Cow King
at 1:207

Chances overall are superior targeting as Mat so I wouldn't fret only waiting for a GMB as Mat Faith's are extremely solid (I personally prefer them over GMBs)

subaridji wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks friend, but doesn’t seem like your comment is adding anything constructive. If possible to re-structure your statement as friendly and cooperative please do so, I’ve found most members of this forum like helping their fellow players and find it rewarding to do so!
bro, it is more than constructive. besides, it's short.
looking for base? there are 0 specific areas and mobs.
just lower MF to avoid it appearing as magic when dropped by random mob on hell,

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Th3ory wrote: 1 year ago

😒

Ist
from a countess minion.
I would also heavily look at Mat bows which is the faster base and not just target a GMB.

P7 - 0% MF - Hell

Griswold
The Smith
(
Barracks
The Cow King

Chances overall are superior targeting as Mat so I wouldn't fret only waiting for a GMB as Mat Faith's are extremely solid (I personally prefer them over GMBs)

Yea at this point I’m not too picky, any elite base with +3 I’ll take. I have a 4os +3
Ashwood Bow
and a 4os
Great Bow
in my stash just to keep my sanity. I’m mostly going to use it on an act 1 merc for my physical damage and necro characters. But I know once I roll the Faith a superior elite base will drop!

Th3ory 412

Paladin Americas PC
Th3ory wrote: 1 year ago

😒

Ist
from a countess minion.

P7 - 0% MF - Hell

Griswold
The Smith
(
Barracks
The Cow King

Yea at this point I’m not too picky, any elite base with +3 I’ll take. I have a 4os +3
Ashwood Bow
and a 4os
Great Bow
in my stash just to keep my sanity. I’m mostly going to use it on an act 1 merc for my physical damage and necro characters. But I know once I roll the Faith a superior elite base will drop!
If this Faith is going to your Merc - a
Great Bow
is a very legitimate base for them. If that is a 4os with any ED/AR or + skills maybe you just roll with that. You are more concerned with Fanta for your summons/skellies less about the actual DPS of the merc itself.

mhlg 817

Americas PC
I had to cube my way to a 4 socket GM. It took several tries before I got 4 sockets. I found most of my bases in Nihlithak's temple and Cows.

One last thought. I have a
Windforce
for my 2nd weapon. I've been hearing about people equipping their merc with a Faith while they used the
Windforce
. Recently it became possible to equip a Rogue merc with a Zon specific item, so I gave it a try. I put my Faith on a merc along with Fortitude armor, and used my shaeled
Windforce
. For
Helm
I tried an
Andariel
's/15 ias jewel. The result was lackluster at best but overall not as good. I returned to my A2 mite merc and never looked back. I think there's a reason there were/are so many merc Faiths up for trade.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Hmmm... my intent is to use the Faith for my necro, zerker barb, javazon and future bowazon. The most important use would be for my bowazon I guess, where the merc will be an explode arrow bowazon and I want to eventually run an Ice rune word. So maybe I’d roll it in a sub-par base.

I think I’ll give it another week of farming, then ill probably be fed up enough to roll it.

Its starting to remind me of my failed quest to farm a skullders ire from hell Andy, where I gave up after like 1500 runs
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Urge, so I checked and nightmare cows have like a 1/5k chance to drop a mat bow, which is way better and easier than hell cows. So I did 10 runs today and only dropped 2 msr bows(who am i, I ilovemf or dnrunski?)

I’m so sick of Faith base hunting. I ran the numbers and the difference between a +3 and +2 mat bow base is only like 75 damage all said and done.

I’m going to take a break and do some other farming, if I ever ‘really’ need the Faith I’ll roll it in my +2 bow and call it a day (we used to roll it in great bows and be happy)
I’m so sick of Faith base hunting.
I'm right with you. Been at this for many hours now in many different areas. Recently (finally) got a good drop - it was a +3, and I hoped to be done with this, and added the sockets.....3os

I know you don't have this same option, but I've started thinking my time might be better spent finding an
Ist
to just trade for the bow. I too would like to move on to other things. Just letting you know there are others in the same boat of frustration. This game, man...

As you said, as soon as we roll it in a not perfect bow, that perfect bow will probably drop. Diablo laughs at out pain xD

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...