Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   8372 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
SSF is reaaaaaly hard. If I would have to find a specific item in SSF and I really wanted it I'd probably get frustrated into oblivion instead. Everything in this game feels like it's so close yet so far. :D

I never target-farm anything online, it just never works like that. xD I just farm for whatever, then sell items for runes, then trade runes for what I originally wanted.

OP

Nate 532

Switch
undertow wrote: 1 year ago
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
I’m so sick of Faith base hunting.
I'm right with you. Been at this for many hours now in many different areas. Recently (finally) got a good drop - it was a +3, and I hoped to be done with this, and added the sockets.....3os

I know you don't have this same option, but I've started thinking my time might be better spent finding an
Ist
to just trade for the bow. I too would like to move on to other things. Just letting you know there are others in the same boat of frustration. This game, man...

As you said, as soon as we roll it in a not perfect bow, that perfect bow will probably drop. Diablo laughs at out pain xD

Totally trade for it! Since I’ve been Faith base farming I’ve found a
Vex
Ist
, and a couple lems. So it’s totally more worthwhile to trade for one and save your sanity!
I'm with louner, target farming online is a waste of time. In practice, there isn't a perceptible difference between 1:5000 and 1:9000 or whatever numbers you want to use for one higher yield area versus another. Running the same areas repeatedly for a specific item is an exercise in monotony. Those are lottery mechanics. How much of your time do you want to waste playing a minigame with such a poor ROI?

It took me more than halfway through the season to find a +3 GMB and even then, I had to be fortunate enough to get 4 sockets via cubing it. Since I was well past the point of needing one myself due to trading for a superior base much earlier in the season, I sold the one I cubed in just under 24 hours after listing for my asking price (LF
Vex
, got 3
Ist
).

I wouldn't have had the patience to wait almost all season farming for a base. I'm glad I traded for one months ago.

SSF is truly a different beast of a game experience. I would find it more enjoyable to ignore the existence of high-level runewords or accept that an imperfect base is better than no ideal base, and just play the game. The problem is you've got an entire community of players collectively sharing screenshots of their finds and drops, mostly online, and now people are conditioned to believe that's an achievable goal in all game modes.

I'm really glad that I played SSF in classic D2 in 2000, because I would not enjoy it in D2R today with everyone (including me) posting screenshots of BIS items and
Jah
and
Ber
drops.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Ha yea, the funny thing is, I bet I threw away a great Faith base when I first started into d2r again, because I was like: “pfft, as if I’m going to have a spare
Jah
and
Ohm
, plus who plays bowazon anyways -
Charsi
!”

What a fool I probably was
OP

Nate 532

Switch
I just rolled my Faith in a +2 mat bow:

+1 all skills and level 13
Fanaticism
aura... seriously rng, throw me a Bone here.

Still happy with all the other effects, now imma go play the game!

mhlg 815

Americas PC
I usually farm with a list of possible wants, and there was a time when a Faith base was one of them. When I first began building my Zon it was a slow process. I jumped into cow games and picked over the things that were left behind. My first success was a 4 socket
Crusader Bow
which I used to make a Harmony, then I found +2 4 socket Matriarchal and I made another Harmony.

That was enough to get me through nightmare, hell lvl, and provided me with some decent runes. I used a
Lo
rune to trade for a
Windforce
and that made everything possible. I farmed cows, Worldstone Keep, and
Nihlathak's Temple
. Eventually I found some GM bases that I cubed. Most were 2 and 3 socket but eventually I got a +3 4 socket, made a Faith, and it rolled perfect.

Just a thought. The
Windforce
bow alone paired with the right stuff is an end game solution. I think since the introduction of the Faith it has become underrated. Also a Faith mercenary and
Windforce
main weapon is way overplayed. I tried it and a Faith on a Zon alone is better for a strathezon.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Enjoy!

So where'd ya find it?

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8

mhlg 815

Americas PC

+1 all skills and level 13
Fanaticism
aura... seriously rng, throw me a Bone here.

Still happy with all the other effects, now imma go play the game!
If I knew you were willing to go with a +2 GM bow I could've given you one that I've been sitting on for a possible mercenary Faith for my
Windforce
. Fortunately I tried it with my +3 GM and I thought the result was underwhelming. I think I might do better equipping an Act 2 might merc with a Pride.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

Nate 532

Switch
[/quote]

Enjoy!

So where'd ya find it?
[/quote]

I can’t remember where, it was an Insight I made a while back just to see if I could equip it on an act 1 merc in the early days of 2.4

Hel
rune!

Also sry to the other poster I’m ssf offline, so I can’t trade. Thanks for the offer though!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...