Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   9819 views

Description

Hi,
Is there big difference between exceptional and elite paladin shield in damage especially for one point smiter?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,
Is there big difference between exceptional and elite paladin shield in damage especially for one point smiter?

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Yes and no.

There's a massive difference just looking at the shields, simply because the elite version has right around double the
Smite
damage as compared to exceptional.

That difference is toned down a bit however because a very significant chunk of base
Smite
damage actually comes from
Holy Shield
. So it isn't all just your shield. It is even more toned down if you run with Grief as that adds even more flat dmg independent of the shield.

Either way though, the difference is there and it is noticeable. Personally, I would always get an elite shield for smiting no matter what.

Ethereal or not however does not matter much here.
Eth
only affects the defense of a shield, not the
Smite
damage.
Only if you're lacking in defense which doubtful with
Holy Shield
. That's the only difference cause damage to ubers comes from Crushing Blow not the damage on shield. So say like a normal hoz vs upped one is just some def and higher strength req.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
OP
I am asking because i can buy Phoenix shield in
Akaran Targe
and from time to time i run ubers. I dont have Grief but i am using combination of Death and Redeemer +115 to finish off. But currently i have elite shields equipped. If i will start to have problems at ubers. But that Phoenix will be cheaper.

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
Keep in mind, that there is a slight difference in blocking chance between exceptional and elite shields, e.g.
-
Targe
: 40%
-
Akaran Targe
-
Sacred Targe
: 60%

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)

If you care about max block, you need to invest fewer points into dext with elite shields.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
SuperIllu wrote: 2 years ago
Keep in mind, that there is a slight difference in blocking chance between exceptional and elite shields, e.g.
-
Targe
-
Akaran Targe
-
Sacred Targe
: 60%

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)

If you care about max block, you need to invest fewer points into dext with elite shields.
Yes and
Holy Shield
will add a significant amount before that. 1 hard point adds 25% def and 14% block 20 310% def and 35% block. So as long as you got 40% chance to block,
Holy Shield
will cover the rest and that's without any buffs from equipment or gcs.

OP
I will probably go with that Phoenix in exceptional shield if i get it cheaper. I could go combo Death + exceptional shield and Redeemer + Elite shield.

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
I'm assuming you'd use that for what you normally do and just don't want to carry a 2nd shield for smiting? Because if it were solely for
Smite
, you'd likely be far happier just buying an elite Exile for a fraction of the price instead.
OP
Yes i want Phoenix for normal farming and split farms mainly, its what i do 90% of time.

Any idea about value of such Phoenix in exceptional shield with mediocre rolls, how much should i offer?

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
Why Pheonix if you aren't using fire ? That's the only thing that makes that shield gg imo.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
Why Pheonix if you aren't using fire ? That's the only thing that makes that shield gg imo.
400% ED.
(Or
Redemption
I guess, depending on build)
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
400% ED.
(Or
Redemption
I guess, depending on build)
I could see that for very mana heavy users that want a better weapon on merc than an Insight but I still feel it'd be lackluster using single target attacks redeeming one body at a time

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Well, the builds that care about
Redemption
tend to not be into single targets.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Well, the builds that care about
Redemption
tend to not be into single targets.
I just don't feel like Pheonix would be the right shield for this particular instance. For that price could easily get a Grief, HoZ, even make an Exile or CoH. But that's what makes D2 awesome, you can use different equipment than everyone and still have a viable build.

OP
I want it purely for ED. Yes i know i should use Grief and Exile and Reapers on Merc, but i dont want to. Everybody is using that. But i am using Death instead of Grief and Pride on Merc instead of Reapers and last piece is Phoenix :).

Still last question how much should i offer? Currently i am at 2x
Sur
Cham
Vex
Ist
. So i am getting close to build my own. How much would you offer for mediocre Phoenix in exceptional shield?

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
Sanjozko wrote: 2 years ago
I want it purely for ED. Yes i know i should use Grief and Exile and Reapers on Merc, but i dont want to. Everybody is using that. But i am using Death instead of Grief and Pride on Merc instead of Reapers and last piece is Phoenix :).

Still last question how much should i offer? Currently i am at 2x
Sur
Cham
Vex
Ist
. So i am getting close to build my own. How much would you offer for mediocre Phoenix in exceptional shield?
That is waaaaay to much. Turn the two
Sur
into a
Ber
and trade that for
Jah
+
Lo
Keep the
Vex
abd I suppose sell
Cham
for the other
Vex
and sup
Monarch
. That's more than enough to make it right there. I say do the
Monarch
because it will still have great resell value if you decide to go another route after patch.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Have to agree on the "waaaay too much" part.

Though trading a
Ber
for
Jah
+
Lo
isn't exactly normal pricing and might take a while. If it works at all.

And since I for one believe people should know why they do what they do and follow through accordingly, I'd disagree with the
Monarch
. If you're building it for a pally, build it for a pally. With a solid pally shield. Not only does that mean you get significantly more
Smite
damage but you also get the added benefit of extra res or even more damage from the pally shield bonus. Plus elite pally shields really don't cost that much anymore (unless you insist on 45 res
Eth
but that won't be the case here).
Though yes, if you're not sure about the pally part..that will kill resale value by comparison.
OP
If i will make it myself i will definitely do it in elite pally shield, since getting 40+ all res elsewhere would be much more expensive.

I cant even trade 2Sur/
Ber
for
Jah
Vex
, cant imagine how long would i be trading it for
Jah
Lo

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
I play on xbox most the time so prices are weird. Lol

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...