New runeword for bows

Renton212#2452
Well it's nice to see another use for
Cham
and
Gul

Teebling 5825Admin

Europe PC
Look at that huge +40 to all resists modifier. Wow!

Some love for Fiona and the rest of the girls and I am glad that they included
Cham
there as well.

GLORY, GLORY, GLORIA,
GET READY FOR THE WAR!
Dangggg. Big fan of this one, coolest of the 3 that have rolled out in the last 2 days in my opinion. A1 Mercs best friend right there.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Well that...is actually pretty cool. Might just replace
Windforce
in the WF/Faith combo.

Crazy cheap (today) for what it is either way. I guess
Cham
is bound to move up in the world after all.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Cham
This was my initial thought but new rune words are ladder only, isn't it? Which means this won't affect the price of existing non-ladder runes.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
conix67 wrote: 2 years ago
Cham
This was my initial thought but new rune words are ladder only, isn't it? Which means this won't affect the price of existing non-ladder runes.
Actually, they did say their current intention was to roll the ability to make those into non-ladder after the season ends. So it would affect non-ladder pricing as well, just not as much off the bat as you'd have to wait a ladder season before you can make them.
conix67 wrote: 2 years ago
Cham
Actually, they did say their current intention was to roll the ability to make those into non-ladder after the season ends. So it would affect non-ladder pricing as well, just not as much off the bat as you'd have to wait a ladder season before you can make them.
Right, didn't realize this change with the new ladder system. Good to know all these new items will become available in non-ladder eventually!

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
The items will carry over either way. The question is merely if you can make new ones non-ladder. The ones you make in ladder will convert after the season as they always have and will remain usable non-ladder.

As per the dev stream, the assumption is you can make new ones but it didn't sound set in Stone quite yet. Something along the lines of "current plan".

Either way, I made sure I have a few
Cham
and
Zod
floating around, just in case they do move up. Not so much as a speculative income but rather because
Cham
is basically the only high rune I actually use outside of runewords (there's just not enough stuff with anti-freeze on it!). For the raw rune function though..the current price is already pushing it.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Coming to think of it..is this confirmed as a bow only runeword? Or is that merely the assumption, based on the screenshot?

This'd actually be a pretty solid alternative to Pride on an A2 merc if it works in Poles or Spears. Sure, the Conc is a good bit lower but at least here you're also not handing your merc a weapon with no ED on it.
The
Concentration
aura would be good on an act1 merc for a summon necro. However the freeze target hurts the usefulness a bit.
Could be good for a Summon Druid, as for him it doesnt matter if the corpses shatter to Iceshards.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
True. Though an A2 might merc, especially with Reaper's, would still outclass a rogue with this. Assuming you don't get might from elsewhere. Unless the conc lvl just rolled really badly on this example. :)
BigBangoBananaBob wrote: 2 years ago
Could be good for a Summon Druid, as for him it doesnt matter if the corpses shatter to Iceshards.
Yeh was thinking the same. The 100%
Pierce
and freezes target is great. Ant act 2 merc with Pride and
Holy Freeze
or might is probably still better, although having a merc that sits back and stays alive may also be nice. Thematically I would prefer to use a Rogue merc, plus Mist is a lot cheaper than Pride.
OP
Coming to think of it..is this confirmed as a bow only runeword? Or is that merely the assumption, based on the screenshot?

This'd actually be a pretty solid alternative to Pride on an A2 merc if it works in Poles or Spears. Sure, the Conc is a good bit lower but at least here you're also not handing your merc a weapon with no ED on it.
I believe it’s just bows and crossbows

Source :

Renton212#2452

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Aye, just saw that vid as well. Shame, really. Would've loved that in a
War Pike
. Plus it would've given an option to
Spear
zons, in case they really do become a thing.
This runeword will be great for Frostmaiden, better than Ice IMO. Ice phys damage blows so you can barely leech. 20% Item-based AR >>>> ITD. This is a suped up Melody and I’m here for it!

Matriarchal Bow
and
Grand Matron Bow
both get 5os from
Larzuk
, so save them +3 bases y’all.
This runeword will change the gearing and skill distribution of bowazon. No need to give one point to
Pierce
. Razor Tail no longer necessary.
I was wondering whether they have decided to change the stats display on gears. Change of piercing was never shown in existing gears.
Razortail
has this stat but no exact percentage shown.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...