Are extra resistances above your
Cap
worth having?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Yes (30%)
No (70%)
Total votes: 20
Total votes: 20

Resistances above cap for the occasional conviction, yay or nay?

No data yet

Description

I have gotten to a point where with the charms I gathered while leveling I'm around 20+ or so resistances above my
Cap
, hence the question:

On a PvM character not doing Ubers, is keeping some extra resistances stacked above my
Cap
for the occasional
Conviction
aura recomended or should I change some charms looking for other useful stats?
Description by Obakemono

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have gotten to a point where with the charms I gathered while leveling I'm around 20+ or so resistances above my
Cap
, hence the question:

On a PvM character not doing Ubers, is keeping some extra resistances stacked above my
Cap
for the occasional
Conviction
aura recomended or should I change some charms looking for other useful stats?

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Nay. Getting items that increase the maximum cap of your resistances is one thing, but stacking extra resistances just for the rare
Conviction
or
Lower Resist
isn't necessary.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
It might be worth it in hardcore - but not all off them, for instance you can make your fire res above
Cap
when you run Chaos sancturay to resist pit lords when they throw lower res or
Conviction
at you

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
Obvious answer: Depends.

Generally speaking, overcapping in PvM is hardly worth it to not worth it at all, simply because it is so situational. At the same time, there are certain spots where it goes from being situational to being very common so if those are on your farming route, it suddenly becomes less "mweh" of an idea.

Other than that, it really just boils down to your character build, equipment and what you're sacrificing for it. Say for example you're fully capped without using charms as is and you now have your small charm slots to fill. If you're a caster, you suddenly get to pick your prefixes between mana and...well, more mana. If you already don't have any mana issues whatsoever, that's effectively pointless (unless it allows you to reduce mana elsewhere). And then you're left with pointless mana, damn near pointless minor defense, pointless non-caster stats, completely pointless stamina or situationally useful resistances. Needless to say in that case, getting more res to overcap is actually probably quite worth it.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Obvious answer: Depends.

Generally speaking, overcapping in PvM is hardly worth it to not worth it at all, simply because it is so situational. At the same time, there are certain spots where it goes from being situational to being very common so if those are on your farming route, it suddenly becomes less "mweh" of an idea.

Other than that, it really just boils down to your character build, equipment and what you're sacrificing for it. Say for example you're fully capped without using charms as is and you now have your small charm slots to fill. If you're a caster, you suddenly get to pick your prefixes between mana and...well, more mana. If you already don't have any mana issues whatsoever, that's effectively pointless (unless it allows you to reduce mana elsewhere). And then you're left with pointless mana, damn near pointless minor defense, pointless non-caster stats, completely pointless stamina or situationally useful resistances. Needless to say in that case, getting more res to overcap is actually probably quite worth it.
I have no mana issues, just adjusted and stacked life instead of extra res and still need more skillers.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Nay on my sorceress and necromancer, I'll just have to be more careful around
Conviction
Yay on my assassin because she's built to handle
Uber Mephisto
anyway. Might as well put a few extra fire resistance to be
Conviction
immune.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!