Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   3601 views

Description

I finally got all runes together to build the Call To Arms runeword.
I read on this homepage since there are a lot of stats that can be rolled it is better/cheaper to trade it than to build.
But I think the prices for a mediocre CTA are much higher than the runes to build it.
So what do you think, trade one for a high price or build one with the danger to roll a low item?
And btw my journey in D2R wasn't that succesful in finding high runes. 1
Ohm
and 1
Vex
2 month ago and 1
Jah
yesterday
which I would like to use for Enigma if I ever get a
Ber
:D
I'm open for opinions.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I finally got all runes together to build the Call To Arms runeword.
I read on this homepage since there are a lot of stats that can be rolled it is better/cheaper to trade it than to build.
But I think the prices for a mediocre CTA are much higher than the runes to build it.
So what do you think, trade one for a high price or build one with the danger to roll a low item?
And btw my journey in D2R wasn't that succesful in finding high runes. 1
Ohm
and 1
Vex
2 month ago and 1
Jah
yesterday
which I would like to use for Enigma if I ever get a
Ber
:D
I'm open for opinions.
If you have enough + Skills, I have seen people selling a 1 BO cta for 2
Ist
+ 1
Mal
. They do just fine. The difference between 1 BO and 6 BO is 15% hp, which is small if you are a Sorceress, but perhaps important if you are a Paladin. For my Sorceress, I was able to get the same amount of life from a 4 BO cta by adding 3 20 Life small charms (cheap).

3 BO CTAs may approach the
Ohm
cost, so its up to you what you want to do.

Normally, I like to roll my own the first time, since it gives me a sense of accomplishment, and then spend a couple of Ists to gear the rest of my chars with low BO ones.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
I was able to get a 1BO CTA for like a
Gul
+
Ist
+
Pul
. So it's doable. :)

I use + skills to boost it.
Unlikely that you'd get CTA4+ for price of runes. Likely you'll net CTA3 for little less than but any stats will be a huge difference for you.

If short on Wealth, I would not worry at all and just get CTA1-2.
OP
I play a Hammerdin lvl 88 with 1511 life. Depending on the gear I use I have between 6 - 9 +skills. I wasn't so lucky with gear like it was with the runes.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Agree with
Aegis
as far as depending on what class your playing. I’m a sorc with 4/6/4 CTA and all of my plus skills bring it up to 17. So that’s +11 to whatever the 0 skill is. Factoring that in the difference between 3 BO and a 6 doesn’t seem that significant to me. I happen to just get lucky on my roll.
I thought Id roll one so I searched high & low for an
Eth
. base and ended up with this. I would just trade for +3 at least
OP
Quick update. Thought about it for 5 days and finally decided to build my first CTA myself. Got a 6/4/3 and I'm very happy with that roll.
Imo, buy pre-made rune word when you have the runes to make yourself is a bit diminishing your experience and fun with the actual gamble of it all.. I mean sure, you might wanna save a few
Ist
on a low pre-made one and grind towards further ones like Enigma but in the end, if you happen to roll a high one you can at least make profit and sell it to make let's say 1,5 cta, or make a bad roll and keep it for yourself until you can afford to make another one, and finally you can also try to trade if for a fraction of its cost in runes (
Ohm
Ist
Mal
) but you can't expect to get back those runes if you sell a very low roll, you have a bitter taste because of that rng but hey, not the end of the world!
And that's (still in my opinion) for any costly rune words, some things to consider. A week ago I started to build a barbarian, a
Frenzy
one. As I had already done one on Legacy a few years ago, I happen to remember what kind of gear I would need for my lvl 80 to 99. But back then, I played non ladder, and there was no Grief you could make (ladder only runeword) so I remember wielding double Breath of the Dying, good Ed, good life and mana leech, high ias etc. So as an old schooler I went for dual BotD, I found 4 chams (my first D2R "Hr", yes I'm that lucky 😢and it took me 3 month) but anyway, was struggling to take down the council so I went on several websites to see what I could use to make my kills faster and safer, and then it hit me : Grief ! The rune word that can do wonders even with the lowest roll! Next day I sold my 2 poorly rolled BotD for 2 poorly griefs and now I feel invincible!
Thing is, nowadays we have all the runewords available in non ladder (not talking about the new rw they're going to add) and so I think it would be a shame not to use those runes to roll it yourself (talking in general)... I mean I only play with another guy sometimes and solo online most of the time so monster hasn't got as much life than when you go in a 8 person pub game..

Sorry for the speech, wanted to share my pov with you guys

HHTekill#2716

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...