Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   2479 views

Description

Hi guys! This is a brainstorm topic for a potential future site feature. I've ran these types of discussions before (example) when I designing parts of the item database.

So couple of things I thought would be interesting to talk about here. First of all I'd like to know if there is any standard, commonly accepted set of 'grail categories' for Holy Grail completion goals, and what their nuances are. I know that the grail scene in Resurrected is pretty much non-existent at this stage in the game's cycle but interested in it for future tooling.

I've heard of '
Eth
grail' which is collecting all Uniques, Sets, Bases etc. including ethereal versions of items where possible. There seem to be a number of different types of grail 'categories' like this out there and my game knowledge isn't strong enough for me to tell the 'meme' categories apart from the actual serious categories.

What other categories of grail collection are there out there, and could we define them clearly with a bullet point of requirements or restrictions? Can their completion time be estimated pessimistically? What would the most completionist form of grail category look like, and what would the middle Ground category look like? How many items would be required to complete a category, and therefore how many mules would be needed to store the grail taking into account one already fully-full private + shared stash on main char?

I'm basically thinking of making a holy grail/mule manager and tracker which integrates fully with the marketplace and database. Kind of like creating a trade listing, you'd be able to make an entry in your 'Grail' including the item's drop location, a screenshot for verification, and any other pertinent details. Then viewable alongside other items in your collection and searchable/filterable etc.

This would be fun for me to build out and would give people a home for storing their grail adventures in rich and interactive detail. What other things would you guys want in a grail/mule manager & tracker tool like this? How would we get people to properly verify their grail collection? How could the tool leverage other data on the site (ie marketplace/database data)?

There are already some great tools out there such as https://d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com/ which fulfil the core purpose of tracking which items you have, but were never built out or integrated with anything else. I think that the site could have quite a unique thing going on with grail seasons, shorter categories, leaderboards, stats/graphs, feeds and the like.

Whatever your thoughts are would be interested in hearing them.

PS Running some bug fixes next week, sorry I've had IRL things to take care of recently.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 6029Admin

Europe PC
Hi guys! This is a brainstorm topic for a potential future site feature. I've ran these types of discussions before (example) when I designing parts of the item database.

So couple of things I thought would be interesting to talk about here. First of all I'd like to know if there is any standard, commonly accepted set of 'grail categories' for Holy Grail completion goals, and what their nuances are. I know that the grail scene in Resurrected is pretty much non-existent at this stage in the game's cycle but interested in it for future tooling.

I've heard of '
Eth
grail' which is collecting all Uniques, Sets, Bases etc. including ethereal versions of items where possible. There seem to be a number of different types of grail 'categories' like this out there and my game knowledge isn't strong enough for me to tell the 'meme' categories apart from the actual serious categories.

What other categories of grail collection are there out there, and could we define them clearly with a bullet point of requirements or restrictions? Can their completion time be estimated pessimistically? What would the most completionist form of grail category look like, and what would the middle Ground category look like? How many items would be required to complete a category, and therefore how many mules would be needed to store the grail taking into account one already fully-full private + shared stash on main char?

I'm basically thinking of making a holy grail/mule manager and tracker which integrates fully with the marketplace and database. Kind of like creating a trade listing, you'd be able to make an entry in your 'Grail' including the item's drop location, a screenshot for verification, and any other pertinent details. Then viewable alongside other items in your collection and searchable/filterable etc.

This would be fun for me to build out and would give people a home for storing their grail adventures in rich and interactive detail. What other things would you guys want in a grail/mule manager & tracker tool like this? How would we get people to properly verify their grail collection? How could the tool leverage other data on the site (ie marketplace/database data)?

There are already some great tools out there such as https://d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com/ which fulfil the core purpose of tracking which items you have, but were never built out or integrated with anything else. I think that the site could have quite a unique thing going on with grail seasons, shorter categories, leaderboards, stats/graphs, feeds and the like.

Whatever your thoughts are would be interested in hearing them.

PS Running some bug fixes next week, sorry I've had IRL things to take care of recently.

BillyMaysed 2207Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
(some guy on reddit)

You can separate your noble quest into 3 Grail-categories:
The Runeword Grail - Create 1 of every runeword
The Set Item Grail - find 1 of every set item
The Unique Item Grail - find 1 of every unique

The Holy Grail is obtaining all three

Separated Further:
The Runeword Weapon Grail
The Runeword Armor Grail

The Unique Weapon Grail
The Unique Armor Grail
Then Unique Jewelry Grail

EnragedN3wb 197Moderator

PC
Maybe it could be done so people can create their own grail challenges for themselves?

Like they could select items/categories from the database to add a list & then once they have it the way they want they can click "create" & it will make a fancy UI to track everything.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...