Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   3765 views

Description

As with most people an Enigma considerably helps with runs. I'm the kinda guy that doesn't get a lot of time to play so that makes things hard. Fortunately the loot gods have been somewhat nice to me lately with a 2/2/50
Death's Web
and a nice
Crown of Ages

I've looked at the trades via price checks but I'm hoping to reach out to the community to see if they have any guidance on how I can realistically make these work to maybe get the closest I can to an Enigma. I play on PC. Any advice aside from buying it on a site would be greatly appreciated!

Can be used to make Runewords:

As with most people an Enigma considerably helps with runs. I'm the kinda guy that doesn't get a lot of time to play so that makes things hard. Fortunately the loot gods have been somewhat nice to me lately with a 2/2/50
Death's Web
and a nice
Crown of Ages

I've looked at the trades via price checks but I'm hoping to reach out to the community to see if they have any guidance on how I can realistically make these work to maybe get the closest I can to an Enigma. I play on PC. Any advice aside from buying it on a site would be greatly appreciated!

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
your definitely on your way. after looking at the trades myself a good dweb can definitely go for a
Ber
especially if socketed with a 5/5 facet. most i saw a CoA go for was a
Mal
. enigmas a pretty expensive runeword, but id say you probably have a little bit more grinding to do to get there.
OP
Thanks for the insightful info@bamjo ! Should I go for a
Ber
or a
Jah
first? Is one valued more/rarer than another with regards to trading? I wanna make sure I try to go for the highest value thing with the
Death's Web
as I feel it's my best shot.

I know
Jah
is a higher rune but from what it seems I THINK they are valued about the same and I'm guessing that's the result of what they are used for. Given this should I try and get a
Jah
first or does it matter?

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Jah
and
Ber
are close, but i believe
Ber
is actually the more valuable rune by little. once you get up to the really high runes there value is not equal to their rank. i would say go for the
Ber
first, but both runes are quite valuable.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
also just as an aside. idk how much you know about rune farming and what not, but trav council is very good for finding runes, friend of mine found a
Jah
just yesterday, and
Chaos Sanctuary
is pretty i found a
Ber
just today, which i was very excited about and was finally able to make my Chains of Honor. happy hunting. keep at it when you can and you'll get there.
OP
Thanks!! Yeah I have high council in the mix with my hammerdin along with pindle (he kills me maybe 1/20 though) and the 2 guys at the first checkpoint in act 5. If there's anywhere else you suggest to add quickly to the runs that would be great. I find Chaos/
Baal
runs too slow but would be a lot better with an Enigma haha.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
yeah i agree with ya Chaos runs are slow, but theyre good for leveling up in my level range so for me it works out right now. sounds like your doing all the right stuff finding HR's is rare, so just keep at it and also trade where you can from any other stuff you find on your runs and sooner or later bam! your in Enigma city teleporting around like a mad man!
OP
For those interested in my journey for an Enigma, I traded for a
Ber
and I found a 4 socket
Dusk Shroud
! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get a
Jah
and I'll be set! :)
You need a 3 Socket Base for Enigma! Putting high runes in the wrong base is an expensive and painful mistake and something you see people do time and again. So always double check that you have the right base before making any runeword.
loudogggg wrote: 2 years ago
For those interested in my journey for an Enigma, I traded for a
Ber
and I found a 4 socket
Dusk Shroud
! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get a
Jah
and I'll be set! :)
Throw that 4 socket away before you do anything bad for yourself.
That being said, I see a lot people using
Archon Plate
as a base for Enigma. But also have seen, though generally less than
Archon Plate
, people using the
Mage Plate
for it.

I think it all comes down to Str requirement and Defense. See which one fits you the best.

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
I think the point is that Enigma is rare enough that you want it to be wearable easily by any build, hence the
Dusk Shroud
Light Plate
or
Mage Plate
being a popular choice. For example a necro will rarely invest much in strength but benefits a lot from Enigma (especially if you have summons)
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
I think the point is that Enigma is rare enough that you want it to be wearable easily by any build, hence the
Dusk Shroud
Light Plate
or
Mage Plate
being a popular choice. For example a necro will rarely invest much in strength but benefits a lot from Enigma (especially if you have summons)
Absolutely, yes. If you want to min/max and make only one Enigma to use with any character/build a
Dusk Shroud
is the best Elite Armor in terms of defense per strength requirement (based on max roll). If you don't care about min/maxing, a
Mage Plate
will do just fine.
Breast Plate
/
Dusk Shroud
/
Mage Plate
are most reasonable bases due to loss of strength bug. Defense is nearly irrelevant stat. Check out armor appearances if you are making one for yourself - and make one that look best to you.

What are the stats on your CoA? A low 1soc can go for some mid-rune but high (15dr/2soc for example) can easily sell for high rune.

Durok 11

PC
just saying a perf dweb is probably worth more than an Enigma

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
Durok wrote: 2 years ago
just saying a perf dweb is probably worth more than an Enigma

It at least comes quite close. Case and point:
trade/death-s-web-t542597.html

In case that sale disappears as a reference point: 2/2/50 Web with 5/5 facet sold for
Jah
+
Ber
. That's with a lvl-up facet which is not even 2
Ist
. So basically, 2/2/50 web just about
Jah
+
Ber
in at least one documented example.

That having been said, between your DWeb and your CoA (assuming it is indeed a decent one), you should have your
Jah
+
Ber
and hence your Enigma covered. Do follow the other advice here though and make sure you pick the right base for you before you end up wasting the runes. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation