diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   6226 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Test
I Really like what i'm reading here !

Have you guys thought about Using Snagit ?
Its just like using Windows Snipit tool, you select an area and it will convert picture to text.

Also: I'm curious if you guys could help out with something....
Have you heard of the Diablo3Itemcollage Tool by YGRA ? from 2012.
it literally takes pictures of the item tooltip/popup ( aka the items stats box window ), turns it into a picture.
The tool Keeps Track of all the pictures in its own little folder location, and the main item names will be Displayed.
You hover over the item in the tool and it will popup with the picture of the tooltip/popup box that you would of seen in the game !

as a bonus............ It has a built in item collage feature + auto upload to imgur / Gyazo.

I would pay to see this made for D2 Ressurected !
The last few days have been grand, god-tier drops for my MF fishymancer 👌

ZAG 0

Necromancer Europe PC
Tesseract works great if you have trained it well.
I did this job for the German version of D2R.
If you are interested, you can watch my video of the first beta version on youtube:
It's in German, but especially in the beginning you can see well how it works.
OP

Teebling 5820Admin

Europe PC
Here we go again with another thread about Tesseract :lol:

See the original feedback subforums where at one point there were three people working on an OCR script for the site. I don't think anyone actually got it working practically with average quality images.

ZAG 0

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for your reply.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I don't think anyone actually got it working practically with average quality images.
The app I posted work with ingame cropped images, as well with images posted via forums/discord.
It work quite well (as shown in the video) especially on german pictures, because I do some post processing.
OP

Teebling 5820Admin

Europe PC
ZAG wrote: 2 years ago
The app I posted work with ingame cropped images, as well with images posted via forums/discord.
Have you tried with auto-compressing straight-to-web screenshot tools like gyazo out of interest? I think that's where most people gave up because the quality was too poor for tesseract to interpret the letters of the Exocet font, also at small sizes.

ZAG 0

Necromancer Europe PC
Well, I think that the work should be done by app on the user's PC (as shown).
OCR consumes time and power, so it's better off there. Personally, I would then only have the result (xml) read into the forum, which is much better for the performance of the forum. So you also have no problems with the image quality.
ZAG wrote: 2 years ago
Well, I think that the work should be done by app on the user's PC (as shown).
OCR consumes time and power, so it's better off there. Personally, I would then only have the result (xml) read into the forum, which is much better for the performance of the forum. So you also have no problems with the image quality.
I was able to get tesseract to work after doing some post processing as well, mainly grayscale > negative > threshold. However the biggest hurdle seems to be getting the training data for the exocet font - if we can get that then I think the model will improve a lot.
With Colorblind mode, I figured it would be easier to use something with tesseract.

Blizzard also posted on the forums, that you can use any of the Blizzard fonts in Diablo 2 Ressurected ( Similar to what users are doing in the Item loot filter Packages ) .

So everyone that wants to use tesseract for high Quality pictures ( they would have to use the specified font ) that you pre-set :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...