Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1702 views

Description

Adding the level requirement to the runewords would be nice. I'm doing a playthrough right now and wasn't sure if I had the correct level to make and then equip Edge.

Thanks as always :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Adding the level requirement to the runewords would be nice. I'm doing a playthrough right now and wasn't sure if I had the correct level to make and then equip Edge.

Thanks as always :)
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Added in patch 0.3

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@Benzoxazine -
Arreat Summit
didn't list the ilvl of each Runeword so I didn't include it into the DB dump. Otherwise I'd definitely have included it!

If we can find a reliable source of information for these 'ilvl' values, I can add it as a field to the contributions form, then you guys can send in the data for each RW. Let me know if you want to do this and, if so, find a good source and I can make it happen.

@
Stormlash
@Dzik @siulk

Dzik 49

Assassin Americas PC
@Teebling Wouldn't that be just the level requirement of the highest rune or item (whichever has higher requirement)? So, for example Edge would require atleast lvl 25 since
Amn
has that level requirement and is the highest rune.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Dzik wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling Wouldn't that be just the level requirement of the highest rune or item (whichever has higher requirement)? So, for example Edge would require atleast lvl 25 since
Amn
has that level requirement and is the highest rune.
I honestly don't know, would you mind confirming this for me?

Dzik 49

Assassin Americas PC
@TeeblingSure, I don't have plugy installed to test Edge runeword, but i can test others.

This website seems to have the level requirements and it seems that requirement of the highest rune is correct.
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Edge_Rune_Word

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@TeeblingSure, I don't have plugy installed to test Edge runeword, but i can test others.

This website seems to have the level requirements and it seems that requirement of the highest rune is correct.
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Edge_Rune_Word
What I'd like to know, and this could bypass the whole contributing data of the solution, is if the last rune in the word is the highest rune. Then it might be possible to do this automatically.

Edit - Actually it doesn't matter - I should be able to do this with an SQL query for all of the component runes' irqlevel field, then pick the highest of those values, and use that as the required level of the Runeword.

@Benzoxazine in the meantime for your playthrough, you can look at the rune tooltips and see which one has the highest required level - that will be the highest required level of the Runeword.

Dzik 49

Assassin Americas PC
@Teebling Sadly no, runewords require runes to be inserted in the specific order not necessarily from lowest to highest. As for testing, I just tested Bramble and Heart of the Oak with items that don't have level requirements. They both increased their requirements to the highest rune.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@TeeblingSadly no, runewords require runes to be inserted in the specific order not necessarily from lowest to highest. As for testing, I just tested Bramble and Heart of the Oak with items that don't have level requirements. They both increased their requirements to the highest rune.
Okay sound. If you haven't already read the edit of my last post - looks like order won't matter, should be able to do this alone :)

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Added in patch 0.3
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...