Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   3701 views

Description

i was told i need better eq. guess they're right with my sigon's set only..and some uniques..

but how to get them? remain in nightmare? do boss runs? I got loads of runes, but my problem is beating fire immunes...

i still invest in
Armageddon
..but i am thinking of stopping
Armageddon
and going
Tornado
for a while?
combine
Volcano
with it? dunno... perhaps these are my items too..

does anyone have a fire druid that survives nice in act 1-2-3?

that can give advice..

that';s the dude i like..i don't want any other builds..for now.

thanks

ps
i got 150 or so mf...
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
i was told i need better eq. guess they're right with my sigon's set only..and some uniques..

but how to get them? remain in nightmare? do boss runs? I got loads of runes, but my problem is beating fire immunes...

i still invest in
Armageddon
..but i am thinking of stopping
Armageddon
and going
Tornado
for a while?
combine
Volcano
with it? dunno... perhaps these are my items too..

does anyone have a fire druid that survives nice in act 1-2-3?

that can give advice..

that';s the dude i like..i don't want any other builds..for now.

thanks

ps
i got 150 or so mf...

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
Yes fire in general is bad for Hell because there are a lot of fire immunes.
Molten Boulder
is really your only attack against Fire immunes and it isn't that good unless it has a lot of points in it.

You should respec to
Hurricane
+
Tornado
. Cold + Physical damage. and work on gearing up your mercenary to help take out mobs.

Be sure to grab 1 pt in grizzly as a tank. You'll also be extra tanky with high
Cyclone Armor
remain in nightmare? do boss runs?
Yes, this is the way. All of us get stuck in nightmare and have to farm for awhile before we can take on Hell, this is normal.

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Your character is not ready for Hell.

Maybe go back to Nightmare and farm for actual gear for an actual build. Suggestions here and here. Sigon is probably not going to make it.

If you have a pure fire build, you will not beat fire immunes. That's how it is. Guess what, you don't need to kill every single monster in the game, just ignore those for now. Or use the mercenary bug if he does good damage.

Also beware of the area levels in Hell. They are all over the place.
Blood Moor
is a level 67 area, but
The Den of Evil
is freaking level 79.
As a passionate druid player, I can tell you that it's definitely the right way to respec into wind.
It's just overall much better for hell difficulty because you do 2 kinds of damage (physical and cold), so dealing with immunities becomes much easier.
Also, the damage of Hurricane + Tornado combined is pretty ridiculous.

My active ladder trades:
-
personally, I would not start playing hell until level 70-72.

Sorceress Americas PC
Druidika wrote: 2 years ago
As a passionate druid player, I can tell you that it's definitely the right way to respec into Wind.
ya its basically fire traps VS lightning traps. no contest.
Sutlore wrote: 2 years ago
Also this. :D

Respec in to nado druid or you can farm
Mausoleum
where you fight
Blood Raven
. Kind of lame there though or Stony Tomb outside A2 but its not a level 85 area i think its like 72. Fire is mostly good for doing cows.
I've played a Fire Druid before to the end of hell and it requires a LOT of build-around.

Obviously the "easy" solution is Infinity, but that's very expensive.

I found the best solution if you don't want to abandon the Fire Druid Dream is to spec into a mix of Fire Ele and phys Summons... Grizzly primarily with a Might merc to boost himself and your grizzly.

Another thing you can do is to take an Act 1 merc and give her a double-
Shael
'd
Witchwild String
bow. This will proc
Amplify Damage
relatively frequently which will boost your grizzly damage and make the phys parts of
Molten Boulder
and
Volcano
hit harder.

If you pick a cold merc, she will also be doing Cold damage as well as Magic damage (thanks to WWS). I even put a WWS on my weapon switch MYSELF with 2x
Eth
runes so I wouldn't need dex to hit much. This means I could do magic damage and proc amp damage as well.

My other advice is do NOT underestimate
Molten Boulder
. If you aim it correctly it can do massive physical damage, but requires you to "bowl" enemies in a straight line. That means avoiding knocking them into each other or into walls/obstacles. They will get hit MANY MANY TIMES in rapid succession, so it adds up fast.

Also don't forget
Magefist
Gauntlets
add +1 to fire skills, so they're a cheap item that can boost your build a lot.

I included a screenshot with a recommended final skill allocation. Don't underestimate Ravens. Blinding half the screen and doing 30 damage times 40 hits times 5 Ravens is a lot. Just mind that blind overwrites other curses, so if you're going the WWS route you should avoid ravens and perhaps pump HOTW instead.

Sorceress Americas PC
WINGSPANTT wrote: 2 years ago
I've played a Fire Druid before to the end of hell and it requires a LOT of build-around.
Awesome little build guide, thanks for sharing Wingspantt!

People always sleeping on Ravens. They slap from lvl 1 all the way through Hell. I use ravens and Grizzly in all druid builds.

OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC

I found the best solution if you don't want to abandon the Fire Druid Dream is to spec into a mix of Fire Ele and phys Summons... Grizzly primarily with a Might merc to boost himself and your grizzly.

Shael
'd
Witchwild String
bow. This will proc
Amplify Damage
relatively frequently which will boost your grizzly damage and make the phys parts of
Molten Boulder
and
Volcano
hit harder.

If you pick a cold merc, she will also be doing Cold damage as well as Magic damage (thanks to WWS). I even put a WWS on my weapon switch MYSELF with 2x
Eth
runes so I wouldn't need dex to hit much. This means I could do magic damage and proc amp damage as well.

Molten Boulder
. If you aim it correctly it can do massive physical damage, but requires you to "bowl" enemies in a straight line. That means avoiding knocking them into each other or into walls/obstacles. They will get hit MANY MANY TIMES in rapid succession, so it adds up fast.

Also don't forget
Magefist
Gauntlets

I included a screenshot with a recommended final skill allocation. Don't underestimate Ravens. Blinding half the screen and doing 30 damage times 40 hits times 5 Ravens is a lot. Just mind that blind overwrites other curses, so if you're going the WWS route you should avoid ravens and perhaps pump HOTW instead.
Thanks so much!!! that was the reply i was hoping for!
although i will try to make it on
Armageddon
still.. without molten...but maybe...
summoning also...perhaps there's an item that gives you huge boost to ravens..
anyways, cheers for the heads up , really detailed and looks beneficial

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Hell is actually pretty hard in this game until you can out-gear it. Even then you can die pretty easy, lol. I always forget about this every time I come back and run into it for the first time.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Armageddon
Rikus, check out
Ravenlore
helmet. It gives:
  • + THREE to ALL ELELMENTAL SKILLS
  • lowers enemy fire resist by UP TO 20%
The downside is it's req level 74. The upside is because nobody plays
Raven
/Fire Druids, you can get these CHEAP.

Honestly it's probably the best possible item for this build overall.
Also IMO
Armageddon
is not very good on a real Ele Druid. You don't really want to be running around in between monsters, and the random hits are not great considering all the fire skills, especially
Volcano
and Boulder, require you to rely on very precise positioning of yourself and enemies. This is why summons that can gum up enemies and channel them in predictable ways are useful, in addition to helping with fire immunes.
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Armageddon
Rikus, check out
Ravenlore
helmet. It gives:
  • + THREE to ALL ELELMENTAL SKILLS
  • lowers enemy fire resist by UP TO 20%
The downside is it's req level 74. The upside is because nobody plays
Raven
/Fire Druids, you can get these CHEAP.

Honestly it's probably the best possible item for this build overall.
nice.
btw, molten is terrible against fire enchanted- it fills up their health. i dont know how you use it as you claim?

OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Also IMO
Armageddon
is not very good on a real Ele Druid. You don't really want to be running around in between monsters, and the random hits are not great considering all the fire skills, especially
Volcano
and Boulder, require you to rely on very precise positioning of yourself and enemies. This is why summons that can gum up enemies and channel them in predictable ways are useful, in addition to helping with fire immunes.
I guess you didnt like playing shoot em ups on arcade as a kid :)
Armageddon
is really great to me so far. yes its unpredictable, but when you move around, its pretty effective, much more than waiting for
Fissure
or trying to power stand with my glass char.
it just a game changer. unless you hit immune obviously. and yes, even just one
Raven
did a whole lot. so i guess they could be really useful!

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC

Shael
'd
Witchwild String
bow. This will proc
Amplify Damage
Molten Boulder
and
Volcano
hit harder.

Eth

Molten Boulder

Also don't forget
Magefist
Gauntlets

Thanks for the post, this is very interesting. Just one questoon, if you have only 15 points into
Fissure
(with items) what is your main attack then for your fire druid?
Molten Boulder
and
Volcano
? I mostly see fire druids with
Fissure
as their main attack.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
As someone who full respeccd their GG fire druid to a WW/
Armageddon
hybrid, you're definitely going to want some more levels.

Fire spells really take a lot of synergization to be super effective in hell.
Fissure
is your main damage spell, but everything having a cast timer means you effectively have to constantly be playing max range/around your creeps.

As some other people mentioned, going Might merc+grizzly along with ravens and a
Carrion Vine
keeps you super healthy.
Fissure
is your main damage spell, except for clustered fire immunes where you can use
Molten Boulder
to pin non-boss monsters against walls.

Volcano
is absolutely useless against anything that moves, but can be OP against bosses.

Go double Spirit shield/sword,
Ravenlore
, magefists for some cheap bonuses.
Sutlore wrote: 2 years ago
It also depends on what class and build. For example, I have a summon necro that was able to get to and do fine in Hell at level 65. After that, he just skyrocketed on leveling. On the other hand, my phys bowazon grinded until 80! before she was able to handle Hell, and before that I used her to farm early A1 levels only until I was able to afford better gear for her. I'm sure classes like Pally also can do ok in hell in level 60's to 70's, since they can rock a high res shield with Ancient's/Spirit, etc.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...