Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   374 views

Random uber-guessing-game giveaway (NL prizes) [Concluded]

No data yet

Description

Aloha!

So...I ended up making a ladder char this season after all. Randomly got a surprising amount of value stacked up quite quickly. And proceeded to blow all of that on basically insta-BiS-gearing a Faith zon just for the hell of it. I then quickly remembered just why I prefer WF so much over Faith and - since I already have my WF zon on NL - proceeded to get rid of said zon and replace her with a disco sin who is now like a day old or two.

Since I dumped all of my gains into the zon and didn't trade much since, the result is a lvl 88 disco sin who - beyond the core mosaics - has rather little going for her. She doesn't have
Teleport
(beyond DF, obviously). She's squishy AF. She...well, she's still a disco sin so dmg is there no matter what. You get the point.

I spent the last couple of hours getting together a set of keys, just to see how she'd fare against ubers with little beyond the
Claws
and figured I might as well pull a @ShadowHeart and let folks guess the outcome for prizes. :P

There's up to 3 categories to win in:

(1) Overall outcome
Will I get through all of it without dying? Will it be a painful chain of deaths along the way to ultimate victory? Will I die often enough to eventually just give up? Will Blizz be Blizz and randomly close the game on me before I get done? Will my PC overheat and prevent me from continuing, leaving the attempt a failure? And yes, it is crazy hot in my office today so that's an actual option. :P Add your guess as you see fit. Whatever ends up the single most accurate description of the whole thing wins.

(2) Time to clear
Assuming a full clear, how long will it take? Be specific. I'll stop the time to get through all of it and whomever is the closest to the total time elapsed wins. I will only be stopping time inside portals, not including random afk time for a drink refill and the like. :P If I do end up eventually just giving up, time-to-giving-up would be the final time to guess instead I suppose.

(3) Order and drop
In what order will the ubers be killed (including minis!)? No, this isn't (entirely) random. Yes, if you remember old-ass posts of mine, you are at an advantage here. ;) And again assuming a full clear, what class is the torch going to roll? So that's 7 bits to guess, whomever gets the most of those correct wins.

The prize for each category will be a NL SC
Ber
The same person may win more than one category.
If multiple people tie for a category win, whomever posted first ends up the winner.
If you submit more than one guess per category, you shall be disqualified.
If you edit your post to change your guess, you shall also be disqualified.
If you guess some sort of failure for category 1, feel free to still guess 2 and 3 regardless for a chance there in case it isn't a failure after all. :P

Example guess post just for the hell of it:
1: PC blows up & SWAT kicks in door -> forced to give up, utter failure!
2: 7 minutes, 13.94 seconds (stopwatch has 2 decimals :P)
3: Meph,
Baal
, Andy,
Duriel
Izual
, Diablo, Sorc Torch (yes, @Necrarch, I know her name is
Lilith
:P - and yes, this guess is intentionally incorrect and using an impossible order just so noone thinks I'm giving away the answer here)

Some added context for more accurate guessing:
- If you recall my stream-joining-and-speedrun-record-setting days...don't take that as a reference. I'm in a rather slow and relaxed mood.
- I may or may not be sliiiiightly inebriated so take that into account.
- That may become more and more true the later I start and the longer this takes *cough*
- When I say squishy AF, I mean it...realistically, if meph gets a single cast off, I'm toast. What's this resistances thing people keep speaking of? :P

I'll get started whenever I get around to it but likely quite soon.
Once I get past the minis, I'll probably end up posting their total time and order, making the related guesses easier after the fact. But you still only get 1 guess so you will risk losing out by not being first. :P
No guarantees that I'll do all of it in one session/tonight. It really is ungodly hot in here atm..

As always, I reserve the right to make executive decisions regarding winner selection and whatnot post-hoc, as needed and applicable.

I think that's all..?
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Aloha!

So...I ended up making a ladder char this season after all. Randomly got a surprising amount of value stacked up quite quickly. And proceeded to blow all of that on basically insta-BiS-gearing a Faith zon just for the hell of it. I then quickly remembered just why I prefer WF so much over Faith and - since I already have my WF zon on NL - proceeded to get rid of said zon and replace her with a disco sin who is now like a day old or two.

Since I dumped all of my gains into the zon and didn't trade much since, the result is a lvl 88 disco sin who - beyond the core mosaics - has rather little going for her. She doesn't have
Teleport
(beyond DF, obviously). She's squishy AF. She...well, she's still a disco sin so dmg is there no matter what. You get the point.

I spent the last couple of hours getting together a set of keys, just to see how she'd fare against ubers with little beyond the
Claws
and figured I might as well pull a @ShadowHeart and let folks guess the outcome for prizes. :P

There's up to 3 categories to win in:

(1) Overall outcome
Will I get through all of it without dying? Will it be a painful chain of deaths along the way to ultimate victory? Will I die often enough to eventually just give up? Will Blizz be Blizz and randomly close the game on me before I get done? Will my PC overheat and prevent me from continuing, leaving the attempt a failure? And yes, it is crazy hot in my office today so that's an actual option. :P Add your guess as you see fit. Whatever ends up the single most accurate description of the whole thing wins.

(2) Time to clear
Assuming a full clear, how long will it take? Be specific. I'll stop the time to get through all of it and whomever is the closest to the total time elapsed wins. I will only be stopping time inside portals, not including random afk time for a drink refill and the like. :P If I do end up eventually just giving up, time-to-giving-up would be the final time to guess instead I suppose.

(3) Order and drop
In what order will the ubers be killed (including minis!)? No, this isn't (entirely) random. Yes, if you remember old-ass posts of mine, you are at an advantage here. ;) And again assuming a full clear, what class is the torch going to roll? So that's 7 bits to guess, whomever gets the most of those correct wins.

The prize for each category will be a NL SC
Ber
The same person may win more than one category.
If multiple people tie for a category win, whomever posted first ends up the winner.
If you submit more than one guess per category, you shall be disqualified.
If you edit your post to change your guess, you shall also be disqualified.
If you guess some sort of failure for category 1, feel free to still guess 2 and 3 regardless for a chance there in case it isn't a failure after all. :P

Example guess post just for the hell of it:
1: PC blows up & SWAT kicks in door -> forced to give up, utter failure!
2: 7 minutes, 13.94 seconds (stopwatch has 2 decimals :P)
3: Meph,
Baal
, Andy,
Duriel
Izual
, Diablo, Sorc Torch (yes, @Necrarch, I know her name is
Lilith
:P - and yes, this guess is intentionally incorrect and using an impossible order just so noone thinks I'm giving away the answer here)

Some added context for more accurate guessing:
- If you recall my stream-joining-and-speedrun-record-setting days...don't take that as a reference. I'm in a rather slow and relaxed mood.
- I may or may not be sliiiiightly inebriated so take that into account.
- That may become more and more true the later I start and the longer this takes *cough*
- When I say squishy AF, I mean it...realistically, if meph gets a single cast off, I'm toast. What's this resistances thing people keep speaking of? :P

I'll get started whenever I get around to it but likely quite soon.
Once I get past the minis, I'll probably end up posting their total time and order, making the related guesses easier after the fact. But you still only get 1 guess so you will risk losing out by not being first. :P
No guarantees that I'll do all of it in one session/tonight. It really is ungodly hot in here atm..

As always, I reserve the right to make executive decisions regarding winner selection and whatnot post-hoc, as needed and applicable.

I think that's all..?
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Submissions close once I get through it, one way or another. Naturally.
1. Painful chain of deaths, but you stick it out for the victory!
2. 62 min 16.39 seconds
Duriel
Izual
, Lillith, meph,
Baal
, diablo. Sin torch
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
That's a lotta minutes... :D

(and very few responses so far ^^)

Turns out disco sins are still disco sins no matter what so the half-way update comes in fairly easily:

- Duri, Izzy, Andy down in that order (looking good there Landros ;))
- No deaths (though every single one of andy's swings had me at <100 life from full...)
- Time so far: 4 minutes, 14.13 seconds (Andy was hiding in pretty much the last corner of her zone..took almost 3 minutes just to find her)
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Alright, lessons learned...
1) Give a bit more of a heads up on random giveaways so more than 1 person has time to submit... :P
2) Disco sins are just too good at what they do once charged, regardless of gear *cough*
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
With that said...Landros, turns out you fully nailed category 3:

Duriel
-> Izzy -> Andy -> Meph ->
Baal
-> Dia and...
The most craptastic sin torch to match the rest of her craptastic loadout :D

Stuck with 0 deaths so I'll go ahead and not give you category 1. :P

Total time ended up at 5 minutes, 16.09 seconds which is obv miles away from your guess but since noone else submitted one (I know, I know, no heads up and all that...next time!), I guess you're still the closest... :P

Feel free to add me to pick up your 2
Ber

ShadowHeart 2582Moderator

Europe PC
Hah, I saw this and thought to myself "I hope he lets at least a day or two pass for people to guess before he starts" :p

Great idea, and congrats to Landros :)

Also, amazing work doing it in so little time. Just another proof how OP Mosaic is, I guess.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Aye..definite lesson learned there for next time. Or at least give it a few hours. Ended up just being a spontaneous idea though and I didn't feel like waiting to see how well she'd plow through. :P

ShadowHeart 2582Moderator

Europe PC
Could you make a maxroll build with the gear you had on? I'm sure some would be very curious to see just how badly geared you were :p

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1972Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ah, hey, finally seen that thread. GG. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Hey, I wanted to give enough time for that painful chain of deaths. I still haven't geared out a Mosaic sin, so I didn't know how well they could handle ubers from a survivability standpoint. I love the spontaneity of the giveaway, and that posts like this really develop the community. I don't want to take a
Ber
on a technicality, so please save the 2nd one for another event. Thanks!
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 months ago
Could you make a maxroll build with the gear you had on? I'm sure some would be very curious to see just how badly geared you were :p
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/iewv0xu4
Might be off on some stat rolls by 1 or 2 but hey..'tis late and hot and not sober so..close enough. :D

I was gonna go and get her some real gear but turns out there's really no need whatsover so...
(And yeah, that crap torch really was an upgrade ^^)

Landros wrote: 2 months ago
Hey, I wanted to give enough time for that painful chain of deaths. I still haven't geared out a Mosaic sin, so I didn't know how well they could handle ubers from a survivability standpoint. I love the spontaneity of the giveaway, and that posts like this really develop the community. I don't want to take a
Ber
on a technicality, so please save the 2nd one for another event. Thanks!
Love that. Though future giveaways are limited by my lazyness more so than the runes I have available for them so you're welcome to take both either way. ;)
OP

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Alright, Bers delivered (enjoy!), case closed, next giveaway (when and whatever that may be) gets a bit more of a heads up (maybe ^^).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...