Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   2300 views

Description

Looking for experience from fire sorcs that have played both.

Bored of blizz and
Frozen Orb

I'll probably end up rolling both a firewall and
Fireball
and figure out which one I like, but in the meantime looking for Insight into which one is "better"

On either one I will invest into
Telekinesis
and ES just because I like that added padding that you can't get with fully vita.

Due to the layout of the fire tree it looks like you can get 4 more points going firewall, which will go into maxing
Telekinesis

This sorc will be primarily non-mfing, so running keys and runes. So I'm kinda leaning toward firewall for farming
Arcane Sanctuary
for that reason alone.

But without even trying the build reaches over 200% mf anyways, so I'll probably still roast
Baal
sometimes for essence or a chance at his loot

But stuff tends to move no matter how hard you try, so having fireballs that don't rely on stationary targets seems like a big plus.

For totally stationary targets does firewall out dps
Fireball
?
Fireball
better for stuff that moves? Does
Fireball
outdps single target all the time anyways? If
Fireball
out dpses firewall most of the time than maybe I'll just commit to
Fireball
then. Does it come down to a positioning thing like if you sweet spot FO you can out dps blizzard, but typically your not sweet spotting all the time so blizzard is the no brainer choice.

This is a really long question, but a one word answer will suffice.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Looking for experience from fire sorcs that have played both.

Bored of blizz and
Frozen Orb

I'll probably end up rolling both a firewall and
Fireball
and figure out which one I like, but in the meantime looking for Insight into which one is "better"

On either one I will invest into
Telekinesis
and ES just because I like that added padding that you can't get with fully vita.

Due to the layout of the fire tree it looks like you can get 4 more points going firewall, which will go into maxing
Telekinesis

This sorc will be primarily non-mfing, so running keys and runes. So I'm kinda leaning toward firewall for farming
Arcane Sanctuary
for that reason alone.

But without even trying the build reaches over 200% mf anyways, so I'll probably still roast
Baal
sometimes for essence or a chance at his loot

But stuff tends to move no matter how hard you try, so having fireballs that don't rely on stationary targets seems like a big plus.

For totally stationary targets does firewall out dps
Fireball
?
Fireball
better for stuff that moves? Does
Fireball
outdps single target all the time anyways? If
Fireball
out dpses firewall most of the time than maybe I'll just commit to
Fireball
then. Does it come down to a positioning thing like if you sweet spot FO you can out dps blizzard, but typically your not sweet spotting all the time so blizzard is the no brainer choice.

This is a really long question, but a one word answer will suffice.
For Keys and Runes and the fact that you value DPS over MFing, I’d say that you should go Max Dmg
Fireball
/
Meteor
(or
Hydra
) cuz Cow runs would be easy to do (assuming you have Infinity).
Arcane Sanctuary
has those Clan goat dudes that are Fire inmune, watch out. With a not-so-hard-to-get set up, you could do about 12-14k fire damage with
Fireball
plus over 25k
Meteor
I personally run
Hydra
/
Fireball
, Hydras aren't as fast at melting bosses as firewall but much better for non stationary targets imo. Suppose if your doing ES though you might not be able to get Hydras beefy enough. I hated trying to kill stuff solo with just firewall though personally. So I vote ball I guess if you're not going to run with others.

tldr:
Fireball
lol

Trade on PC or Switch but mostly play Switch
Check if the trade is Ladder or Non-Ladder, I play both!

Note: unavailable for PC trades most Saturday nights after 6pm CST (23:00 GMT) but Switch trade any time if I'm online

Nate 533

Switch
Yea
Fireball

I remember comparing “dps” and then trying firewall. But if a monster only stays on the firewall for like 2 frames dps doesn’t matter.

And doesn’t look like an issue for you, but if your using a controller you straight up can’t aim firewall effectively.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation