Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   12704 views

Got 2 instances of D2R up and running (multiboxing with ISboxer)

No data yet

Description

Got 2 instances of d2r up and running on 1 computer. Using ISboxer and is a headache to set up but doable. Currently running both games in old graphics because my computer is around 8 yrs old. Building a new one next month with a bigger gpu and Memory.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

Got 2 instances of d2r up and running on 1 computer. Using ISboxer and is a headache to set up but doable. Currently running both games in old graphics because my computer is around 8 yrs old. Building a new one next month with a bigger gpu and Memory.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

with both games running.

old/old graphics my fps is 60,
old/new graphics my fps is 25,
new/new graphics my fps is 4-5-6
can you login both instances with one account or do you need 2?

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

you need 2 accounts. can't play 2 characters that are on the same account.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Multiboxing D2? Kind of cool. What chars do you play? 2 Sorcs at the same time?

how do you connect on two different bnet accounts simultaneously though? That would allow me to rush myself in HC, which would be the only use, (but a big one for me)
Brazi wrote: 2 years ago
how do you connect on two different bnet accounts simultaneously though? That would allow me to rush myself in HC, which would be the only use, (but a big one for me)
he's running two instances of D2R.
One on the computer and one on the virtual machine (in the sandbox), therefore you need two keys and just log in seperately.
The reason you mentioned was the main reason to run two instances in addition to muling in the old D2 days.

interested in a trade? just whisp me: MkOne#2447
and don't forget to give +1 trust for the trade ;)

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

I admit, I am a hoarder and proud. I have plenty of mule storage space. I usually put all my FCR casters on one account (hammy, windy, trapper and a sorc if you have to have one). Then i put my melee IAS bww barb, Fury drudru, javazon, kicksin on the other, rush myself and be able to have another character to help kill in an area a toon is having problems in.

2 sorc's ??? 1 is enough, almost too much.
MkOne wrote: 2 years ago
Brazi wrote: 2 years ago
he's running two instances of D2R.
One on the computer and one on the virtual machine (in the sandbox), therefore you need two keys and just log in seperately.
The reason you mentioned was the main reason to run two instances in addition to muling in the old D2 days.
i definitely remember using two instances, but I don't remember how, I could have access to two accounts, could you explain how to proceed?
Would you be interested in doing a video tutorial for us noobs to get it up and running?

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
I've heard other people having success with isboxer as well. I just wish it were free or weren't a subscription service.

I already "multibox" using 2 separate PCs (laptop). But I would consider buying a 3rd account if they enabled multiboxing natively in the battle.net app.

There must be high risks of getting caught and banned doing this no?

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Multiboxing D2? Kind of cool. What chars do you play? 2 Sorcs at the same time?
As I mentioned above I use 2 accounts with separate PCs but the utilities are endless. Biggest uses for me personally:
  • 1. BO barb to bring with me anywhere.
    Conviction
    Pally to bring into my
    Baal
    runs and speeds everything up.
  • 3. Trapsin that can essentially sit in
    Baal
    runs with me for extra element DPS.
    Enchant
    Sorc to bring into games and level my new chars fast.
  • 5. Rush myself and give myself Waypoints.
  • 6. Extra Storage space with 2nd account.
  • 7. Easy to hold games open. Can die/ rejoin game without risking it closing if I bring in alt.
  • 8. Easy +1 person for more XP/Loot

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
Fellowship wrote: 2 years ago
There must be high risks of getting caught and banned doing this no?
It is not against any rules or TOS to buy multiple keys and play on two accounts.

As long as you arent using any automation to move both account simultaneously of course.

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
Being able to rush myself would be amazing, but paying for the game 2x is just too steep for me atm for that alone & the other possibilities don't interest me much. Might change my mind when they fix the game up a bit more(crashing, etc) & if it's possible without a subscription service.

Questionz 0

You can do the same thing on windows 11, without having to download any extra software.
Questionz wrote: 2 years ago
You can do the same thing on windows 11, without having to download any extra software.
How?

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

That's a good thing but I don't have win11 yet, the cost of win11 and it hasn't been out long enough for me to get all the bugs out.
Questionz wrote: 2 years ago
What's new in Win11 which enables dual boxing ?
I also would like to know about that win11 thing to run 2 copies of d2r

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...