Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   12543 views

Description

Thought I'd leave this here as the guy's instructions were pretty concise.

I was able to get 2 instances of D2R running. It's kind of a chore though since you have to use Processexplorer to close out the ability to detect multiple instances of the game running everytime you run it. Also D2R is on sale right now in the Battle.net store.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Thought I'd leave this here as the guy's instructions were pretty concise.

I was able to get 2 instances of D2R running. It's kind of a chore though since you have to use Processexplorer to close out the ability to detect multiple instances of the game running everytime you run it. Also D2R is on sale right now in the Battle.net store.
OP
I was able to get 3 instances to run simultaneously. I guess you need a lot of ram to run 8 instances. :)
Wow, amazing, got a beefy PC. I could try this hmmm...

Thank you for the info!!!

Do you still need multiple bnet accounts?

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Wow, amazing, got a beefy PC. I could try this hmmm...

Thank you for the info!!!

Do you still need multiple bnet accounts?
Yes. Multiple Bnet accounts required with multiple copies of the game needed. D2R is on sale right now on Blizzard's website... :)
OP
Just an update since Multiboxing...

I do notice more runes and uniques dropping but I still get the nodrop roll on P3. Was able to get a
Sur
and
Ber
after 3 weeks of multiboxing (playing <1 hr/day).

It's a pain to rush chars to hell and join/rejoin games.

Game does crash occasionally but I only have 16GB of ram and 3 instances of Diablo 2 running. Sometimes it will run fine for hours and suddenly it will close the program when I'm using the WP to load up new areas.

Hope that helps anyone. I would suggest maybe 32 GB of ram for 4-6 players. :)
Can we get banned for Multiboxing ? I can't find the right answer
Zytrox999 wrote: 1 year ago
Not a 100% clear, I don't blizzard has given a straight answer on that. They seem to tolerate it so far, though.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Zytrox999 wrote: 1 year ago
I have been mulitboxing since the first time d2r went on sale. I have yet to be banned, though I also use a VPN that come with my antivirus software and that might be why.
No VPN here, been multiboxing with 3 accounts for about a year now without issue.

I believe Blizzard is ok with it, given how easy it is to accomplish with simple Process Explorer, and the "Allow multiple instances" checkbox in B.Net.

Also, people have posted guides on official D2R forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... unts/60546

One person asked if it's bannable offense, to which another replied with:

"I read the terms of service and it specifically states that multi windows is permitted"

Given that post hasn't been deleted yet, I think it's safe to say they don't care.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I don't see why Blizzard would be against multiboxing given that you need to purchase multiple copies of the game. You'd think they would be in favour of it if anything!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Far as I recall, blizz has never been against multiboxing as a general concept. I feel like I remember them specifically noting on how it'd still be a possiblity and fine with d2:r pre-release, simply by purchasing multiple copies (commenting on how it would/could still work now, despite tying things to your b.net client vs. simply starting the game multiple times in the olden days) [anecdotal/hazy memory ... don't quote me on that ^^].

And why would they? It is just extra money for them.

The one thing they did act on multiple times in the past though is input-cloning.
I.e. if you run 4 clients and you just switch between them to do whatever you need to do on each, you're probably fine but if you run 4 clients and clone your input so they all move/cast/act in unison while you only use one mouse/keyboard to send inputs to all 4 at the same time, you run a very real risk of (permanent) consequences.

Ravoc 123

PC
IIRC:
Playing multiple accounts simultaneously is fine.
Automating even a single account is bannable.
Hi all

Sorry for rezzing this old thread…
But recently i decided to try out multiboxing d2r.

I do have 2 accts. One main n one alt for storing gears and materials.

I followed the method that including, making 2 copies of the folder, making sure both battlenet app has multiboxing enabled, making sure once one instance started running, the battenet app will close, and also uses process explorer , find the current d2r instance running via session/etc/diablo2 res and end that

Yet when i start the 2nd d2r instance with the 2nd alt account, i can log into battlenet app just fine but the “start” game app is grayed out because it still think the 1st d2r instance is still running, even though i ended via process explorerr already.

I must have done something wrong… any suggestion?

Fyi, i assume doing this method will allow me to play 2 accts online simultaneously as i dont really care about offline.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
The method in the video works, but it's very finicky.

You should have already created a shortcut to Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe in each of the two folders.

I found that I had to start without Battle.net running at all, and then launch each instance of BNet only by using those two shortcuts.

Between the complex startup routine and system instability, I found it was easier just to use a second laptop.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +11.

Outside of using multiple physical computers, it's not possible to multibox without using a 3rd party program (ie you either need handle or procexp which are both 3rd party apps) or one or more VM's. As noted above Blizzard don't have an issue with multiboxing. Just 3rd party apps manipulating the game. I think given handle and procexp don't actually impact game play at all, whilst they are still against ToS by definition of being a 3rd party app, they should be fine. I've not heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. As long as you're not adding any automation into the game you're fine.

Anywho, I wrote a PowerShell script earlier this year to handle multi-boxing. Kind of got sick of dealing with shortcuts etc. I added a menu and other features to it and eventually published to GitHub a couple months ago. If this is useful or interesting to you, you can check it out here: https://github.com/shupershuff/Diablo2RLoader/

There's a couple of other good options I've spotted on GitHub too. If you go looking make sure to use something that's open source and not some dodgy .exe.

I will say this though, script or not, if your current method involves opening the battlenet client or having to duplicate the install directory (taking up precious disk space) then you're doing it wrong. The best way to do it without using anyone's script or program, is to create shortcuts to d2r.exe and add parameters to the shortcut eg: d2r.exe -username <bnetaccountname> -password <AccountPW> -address <us/eu/kr>.actual.battle.net. Once the instance is opened obviously you'll need to kill the "Check for other instances" process handle using either handle.exe or procexp.

Whilst a lot of the earlier D2r multi-box guides that came out were great at the time, they are outdated now. The zeegers video shouldn't be used for advice in 2023 (or 2022 for that matter).
Shupershuff wrote: 9 months ago
Outside of using multiple physical computers, it's not possible to multibox without using a 3rd party program (ie you either need handle or procexp which are both 3rd party apps) or one or more VM's. As noted above Blizzard don't have an issue with multiboxing. Just 3rd party apps manipulating the game. I think given handle and procexp don't actually impact game play at all, whilst they are still against ToS by definition of being a 3rd party app, they should be fine. I've not heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. As long as you're not adding any automation into the game you're fine.

Anywho, I wrote a PowerShell script earlier this year to handle multi-boxing. Kind of got sick of dealing with shortcuts etc. I added a menu and other features to it and eventually published to GitHub a couple months ago. If this is useful or interesting to you, you can check it out here: https://github.com/shupershuff/Diablo2RLoader/

There's a couple of other good options I've spotted on GitHub too. If you go looking make sure to use something that's open source and not some dodgy .exe.

I will say this though, script or not, if your current method involves opening the battlenet client or having to duplicate the install directory (taking up precious disk space) then you're doing it wrong. The best way to do it without using anyone's script or program, is to create shortcuts to d2r.exe and add parameters to the shortcut eg: d2r.exe -username <bnetaccountname> -password <AccountPW> -address <us/eu/kr>.actual.battle.net. Once the instance is opened obviously you'll need to kill the "Check for other instances" process handle using either handle.exe or procexp.

Whilst a lot of the earlier D2r multi-box guides that came out were great at the time, they are outdated now. The zeegers video shouldn't be used for advice in 2023 (or 2022 for that matter).
Wow dude. I knew about the arguments for the shortcut for quick login, but I did not think that it was possible to run multiple accounts from one instance of the game. Thanks!

I have also started drafting a guide on all the multi-boxing methods including how to do this without a script.

It's very much a work in progress as most of my free time goes into playing the game at the moment :D
https://github.com/shupershuff/D2r-Mult ... t-A-Script
Shupershuff wrote: 6 months ago
I have also started drafting a guide on all the multi-boxing methods including how to do this without a script.

It's very much a work in progress as most of my free time goes into playing the game at the moment :D
https://github.com/shupershuff/D2r-Mult ... t-A-Script
Unbelievable. :D Right now I'm also working on a multiboxing guide. Primarily for growing bumpers for G-rush. Anyway, all this will be useful in anticipation of the launch of D2R on Steam, so that players who buy a second copy for achievements/SteamDeck do not link their Steam account to main Bli$$ard acc, but use it to store mules, for
Battle Orders
and
Enchant
, etc. :)

ShadowHeart 1720Moderator

Europe PC
There seems to have been a recent (last Friday perhaps?) update/change on Asian servers specifically that has broken the direct launch of the game via script, but only for Asia region. I.e., if you launch the game on Asia region directly via script (rather than via launcher), the game client will simply say "Cannot connect to server". There have been numerous discussions about this on D2R Clone Hunters discord, there seems to be no workaround (yet). This means that for Asia region specifically, you need to start the game via the launcher by clicking the "Play" button in the launcher. You can also use friend list invites to join games cross region, as an alternative.
NOTE: I haven't experienced this myself, just relaying what I've heard/seen talk about from a lot of frustrated users.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 6 months ago
There seems to have been a recent (last Friday perhaps?) update/change on Asian servers specifically that has broken the direct launch of the game via script, but only for Asia region. I.e., if you launch the game on Asia region directly via script (rather than via launcher), the game client will simply say "Cannot connect to server". There have been numerous discussions about this on D2R Clone Hunters discord, there seems to be no workaround (yet). This means that for Asia region specifically, you need to start the game via the launcher by clicking the "Play" button in the launcher. You can also use friend list invites to join games cross region, as an alternative.
NOTE: I haven't experienced this myself, just relaying what I've heard/seen talk about from a lot of frustrated users.
the script is starting lod with arguments (server hostname etc..) via script right? my first guess is that the url or name for the servers changed (KR.actual.battle.net to something different). should be easy to fix since those are displayed on the bottom right when launching the game.

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...