Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   12864 views

Got 2 instances of D2R up and running (multiboxing with ISboxer)

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

MkOne wrote: 2 years ago
Brazi wrote: 2 years ago
how do you connect on two different bnet accounts simultaneously though? That would allow me to rush myself in HC, which would be the only use, (but a big one for me)
he's running two instances of D2R.
One on the computer and one on the virtual machine (in the sandbox), therefore you need two keys and just log in seperately.
The reason you mentioned was the main reason to run two instances in addition to muling in the old D2 days.
If they are using ISBoxer, it's not really a VM. It's using software that sandboxes the process, but it isn't really a virtual machine in the traditional usage of the term, more of a virtual environment. So it's basically all running on the primary OS, just using some virtual files rather than the actual ones on the system. Also all instances of the game would be running in a sandbox, not just the additional ones.

I spent many hours trying to get D2R to run in a virtual machine in both Hyper-V (What I assume the person who mentioned W11 was getting at), and Virtualbox. But the problem is it requires DX12 3d acceleration to run, which doesn't work with the emulated graphics available on a VM. Could be possible by passing an entire GPU to the VM for dedicated usage, but unless you have 2 GPU installed on your computer, you just flip the problem, but don't actually solve it.

To sum up, to my knowledge VM's don't work with D2R due to the graphics requirements, also 99% certain there isn't any benefit in W11 vs W10 that would make a difference.

nyRo 23

Necromancer Americas PC
Haven't tried personally but it seems from searching around that Sandboxie is used over VM for multiple D2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandboxie

Guest 0

Mallz wrote: 2 years ago
How
Next to the Magnifying Class there is 2 squares Black/White, you click on that, and click new desktop.
Guest wrote: 2 years ago
Mallz wrote: 2 years ago
How
Next to the Magnifying Class there is 2 squares Black/White, you click on that, and click new desktop.
Yea... you don't know what you are talking about.

Another desktop doesn't create new instance of your pc, just another display. Meaning you cant start 2 d2r.exe instances on your pc by using this

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...