diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   398 views

This site is good but it can be great. Detailed feedback

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hello,

Wanted to say thank you for taking the time to develop this site. In-game trading has always been a hassle in Diablo 2. This leads players having to use 3rd party trading sites; some of which are quite detrimental to the game. This site has huge potential to become THE trading place for the majority of players. I understand this is still a very new site and will be iterated on over time, however here are the changes I recommend to make this site the best as it can be.

- Implement affix searches with user defined values.
  • Example 1: Trying to find a Torch for a specific class with user defined values.
    - +XX Sorceress Skill Levels
    - +XX to all Attributes >= 15
    - All Resistances +XX >= 18
  • Example 2: Trying to find a dual leech rare/crafted ring with a minimum of 15 strength and 30 life
    - XX% Life stolen per hit > 3
    - XX% Mana stolen per hit > 3
    - +XX to Dexterity >= 15
    - +XX to Life >= 30

- Implement a copy whisper button on the listing for buyers to message directly in-game.
  • Example: /whisper Mayonnaise#42069 Hi, I'd like to buy your
    Dwarf Star
    listed for 40x
    Ber

- Implement a services section to the site

- Continue to make necessary improvements to enhance performance.
  • Once the ladder comes out, this site will see a lot of traffic and needs to be responsive!

- Market the hell out of this site.
  • Regular posts in the Diablo subreddit when new features, bug fixes, or right before ladder reset.
    Regular posts will
    Attract
    more traffic and enhance the trading experience as a whole!

Please, go look at Path of Diablo's trading site for inspiration. It is bar-none, the best Diablo trading site that I personally have ever seen. Project Diablo 2's site is similar but inferior to PoD's. Seriously, go check out https://beta.pathofdiablo.com/trade-search and try to search a few random items and you'll see how intuitive the user experience is. THIS is what a successful Diablo trading site looks like and I hope to see similar features here. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

See you in hell,
- Mayonnaise
Description by Mayonnaise

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

Wanted to say thank you for taking the time to develop this site. In-game trading has always been a hassle in Diablo 2. This leads players having to use 3rd party trading sites; some of which are quite detrimental to the game. This site has huge potential to become THE trading place for the majority of players. I understand this is still a very new site and will be iterated on over time, however here are the changes I recommend to make this site the best as it can be.

• Example 1: Trying to find a Torch for a specific class with user defined values.
  • Example 2: Trying to find a dual leech rare/crafted ring with a minimum of 15 strength and 30 life
    - +XX to Dexterity >= 15
    - +XX to Life >= 30

- Implement a copy whisper button on the listing for buyers to message directly in-game.
    Dwarf Star
    listed for 40x
    Ber

- Implement a services section to the site

• Once the ladder comes out, this site will see a lot of traffic and needs to be responsive!

- Market the hell out of this site.
  • Regular posts in the Diablo subreddit when new features, bug fixes, or right before ladder reset.
    Regular posts will
    Attract
    more traffic and enhance the trading experience as a whole!

Please, go look at Path of Diablo's trading site for inspiration. It is bar-none, the best Diablo trading site that I personally have ever seen. Project Diablo 2's site is similar but inferior to PoD's. Seriously, go check out https://beta.pathofdiablo.com/trade-search and try to search a few random items and you'll see how intuitive the user experience is. THIS is what a successful Diablo trading site looks like and I hope to see similar features here. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

See you in hell,
- Mayonnaise
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Most of the suggestions made here were implemented in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

You will be please with the new search function which fulfils your requests regarding searching for specific attributes etc.

EnragedN3wb 199Moderator

PC
While these are great ideas that I would also like to see, there's a few hurdles that I'm not sure can be overcome currently.
    - +XX to Dexterity >= 15
    - +XX to Life >= 30
In order to get that kind of information for each item listed it would have to be entered manually for each listing afaik. PoD may have added a backend similar to PoE that lets that information be gathered automatically, but D2R just does not have that in place currently. If there's another way to do it though I'd be all for it personally.

I've seen so many listings on here with people not putting important, or even any information about what they're selling sometimes... I doubt it would work if it required manual entry by the seller each time unfortunately.
    Dwarf Star
    listed for 40x
    Ber
From what I've read, there is no way to message players who are not on your friend's list currently in D2R. While I haven't tried this personally, I have seen many people talking about whispers not working unless the person is on your friend's list. =\
Just want to say they are aware of this, & it's an ongoing process that is constantly being worked on. The website has already seen multiple server upgrades + optimizations since I first got here though, & I've noticed massive improvements even with the constant stream of new users so it's definitely getting better. :)
OP
In order to get that kind of information for each item listed it would have to be entered manually for each listing afaik.
It would. And that's okay. When I think of how it would work without any form of API akin to PoE, PoD etc.., a user who is posting their trade could optionally add specific affixes from a drop down and enter their values. It would take less than 1 minute for the user. They don't necessarily have to add the entire mod list, just the relevant affixes. i.e.
Raven Frost
: they would only need to enter AR and Dex rolls. For rares, they can decide which affixes and values to report.
From what I've read, there is no way to message players who are not on your friend's list currently in D2R.
I have not tried to specifically message a user as described, however I have rightclicked a users name and whispered that way. Not sure if the recipient received the message though. Maybe we can test this? It may be broken. I would expect if this is the case, that it will be fixed before ladder.
The website has already seen multiple server upgrades + optimizations since I first got here though, & I've noticed massive improvements even with the constant stream of new users so it's definitely getting better. :)
Indeed it has, which has been wonderful and much needed. In order for a trade site like this to become mainsteam, it needs to be fast, easy to use, and responsive for the user. This is why other people use [censored].org. It is easy to use, it's fast, and it's reliable. Though the consequences are detrimental to the health of the game overall in my opinion. The more users trading here, the better the overall experience is for everyone.

Teebling 6229Admin

Europe PC
@Mayonnaise pretty much all of what you described is coming in the next patch, bar the /whisper copy to clipboard - there's already a copy Bnet tag button for anyone who has their bnet ID public on their profile and shows automatically.

Please don't compare this site to PoD - PoD has an API which means that everything can happen automagically - D2R doesn't have an API, therefore I'm severely restricted (can't pull anything directly from the game like they can).

As for marketing the site on reddit - I usually just get downvoted by JSP or other streamer influenced shills on there, after my last post I won't be returning to one subreddit in particular which is just awful.

As for performance this is a constant uphill battle, traffic hasn't stopped increasing since launch and this website was not designed to be this popular initially. Playing catchup.

Teebling 6229Admin

Europe PC
Most of the suggestions made here were implemented in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

You will be please with the new search function which fulfils your requests regarding searching for specific attributes etc.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...